10-02-13 03:44 PM
54 123
tools
    They could have predicted their infrastructure would be smashed by users and regardless if it happened through a leaked app or not, it's their own bloody fault because they weren't prepared by the original deadline of 7AM.

They knew about the leak the day before, they could have shut it down then.

But it comes right down to BlackBerry was unprepared for the 7AM launch and didn't have the infrastructure resources to handle it.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 02:54 PM
    Please show me the proof again that it was an infrastructure issue.
    09-22-13 03:09 PM
    Anything other than infrastructure would still be BlackBerry's fault, right?
    09-22-13 03:14 PM
    They could have predicted their infrastructure would be smashed by users and regardless if it happened through a leaked app or not, it's their own bloody fault because they weren't prepared by the original deadline of 7AM.

But it comes right down to BlackBerry was unprepared for the 7AM launch and didn't have the infrastructure resources to handle it.

Posted via CB10
    keep calm and use your z10 to BBM mate. forgot about non sense bbm for android
    09-22-13 03:20 PM
    What else could the issue possibly be? What harm, other than infrastructure, could be caused by many people using a leaked app?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 03:22 PM
    How about a leaked apk that had security flaws that wasn't ready for public release.
    Harborcoat likes this.
    09-22-13 03:25 PM
    How about a leaked apk that had security flaws that wasn't ready for public release.
    Once again, BlackBerry had the mean to shut down the leak app (like they have proven the capability to) OVER 12 hours prior to the 7AM launch.

No matter how you spin it it's purely 100% BlackBerry's fault.

Posted via CB10
    ichat and Donvald like this.
    09-22-13 03:27 PM
    They probably underestimated the amount of people trying this unreleased version. If it was a low number of users, they could have probably gone with a "live/OTA" fix.
    On this big scale, letting a leak with any (security) issues operate would be a much bigger PR problem.
    It is a problem for BlackBerry, but pointing fingers seems a waste of time. No matter what they did, the same people would have complained.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    09-22-13 03:43 PM
    Once again, BlackBerry had the mean to shut down the leak app (like they have proven the capability to) OVER 12 hours prior to the 7AM launch.

No matter how you spin it it's purely 100% BlackBerry's fault.

Posted via CB10
    Oh really. Do you have intimate knowledge of how the NOC and BBM servers work that you can say that with confidence? I'm sure BlackBerry did everything in there power to make this launch go smooth. They could of used some positive press.
    09-22-13 03:43 PM
    Then you just block the leak. It's gotta be something else.
    croman likes this.
    09-22-13 03:53 PM
    How about, sit down and have a drink or something. For one, this has been discussed in numerous threads already, and secondly, ranting here isn't going to make any progress in determining what caused the hiccup or how long it's going to take them to continue the roll out. Just saying.

Not trying to be an apologist, but this is literally every active thread on Crackberry right now.
    clickitykeys likes this.
    09-22-13 04:12 PM
    It doesn't matter how hard you try to prevent it, big release days for apps like BBM will always have sever issues.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 07:16 PM
    Wonder why bb did not try a beta release with users being added gradually a week before its actual release. No complaints if it was taken down too. Every1 has problems, how they are handled is important. Bbm belongs to bb so whether its the leaked copy or other reason , fingers will point to bb only.
    09-22-13 11:16 PM
    The app was never ready thats what I truly believe. It would've been one thing to release the app @ 7AM EST and then by 8:30 AM EST BBM services were down. That would clearly indicate issues with their stack but they didnt even try to release an app.
    danprown likes this.
    09-22-13 11:23 PM
    Please show me the proof it was Blackberry's infrastructure. I can show you where there were 27 fake versions of BBM for Android on Google Play. 7 Versions said that they were from Blackberry Ltd. but then you clicked on it and looked at the developer's email, it was a gmail account. Google has the worst app store for security. Anyone and his dog can put anything on there. Including leaked (stolen) versions of BBM that were never supposed to be released to the general public. The fact that Google allows this crap shows how crappy Android really it. So the blame goes first to the leaker and second to Google for allowing it to be put to the Google Play.

Google Play(ing Russian roulette with your phone)
    09-22-13 11:39 PM
    So Blackberry has control over what is posted to Google Play. Thanks for clarifying that, I didn't know that little fact.
    09-22-13 11:41 PM
    The app was never ready thats what I truly believe. It would've been one thing to release the app @ 7AM EST and then by 8:30 AM EST BBM services were down. That would clearly indicate issues with their stack but they didnt even try to release an app.
    There were in fact 27 BBM for Android apps on Google Play at 7AM. None of them were real. Would you have released your product, knowing that the consumer had a 1 in 28 chance of downloading the right one?
    09-22-13 11:43 PM
    The fake apps is a google play store problem and not the reason for bbm roll out to stop. Its the leaked copy which never came on play store. Let's not mix the two. Leaked copy has been blocked as updated by bb. Release still not there so definetly infrastructure problems.
    arukaen, kevinnugent and danprown like this.
    09-23-13 12:50 AM
    Please show me the proof it was Blackberry's infrastructure. I can show you where there were 27 fake versions of BBM for Android on Google Play. 7 Versions said that they were from Blackberry Ltd. but then you clicked on it and looked at the developer's email, it was a gmail account. Google has the worst app store for security. Anyone and his dog can put anything on there. Including leaked (stolen) versions of BBM that were never supposed to be released to the general public. The fact that Google allows this crap shows how crappy Android really it. So the blame goes first to the leaker and second to Google for allowing it to be put to the Google Play.

Google Play(ing Russian roulette with your phone)
    Those 27 apps were never leaked or hacked versions of bbm. They were guides or fake data mining apps that's it.
    Donvald likes this.
    09-23-13 01:14 AM
    There were in fact 27 BBM for Android apps on Google Play at 7AM. None of them were real. Would you have released your product, knowing that the consumer had a 1 in 28 chance of downloading the right one?
    Yes I would've because I have social media and direct email to let my customers know that there are fake apps on the App Store and to make sure you download this exact version (include link to the official google play store for bbm). Then after doing all that I would work with Google removing the fake apps.
    bbhuh, Donvald, MoDriouch and 1 others like this.
    09-23-13 01:17 AM
    Yes I would've because I have social media and direct email to let my customers know that there are fake apps on the App Store and to make sure you download this exact version (include link to the official google play store for bbm). Then after doing all that I would work with Google removing the fake apps.
    You're right! These Crack(berry)heads don't accept the truth. I know the truth is very hard sometimes, but people have to accept it.
    Blackberry and everything asociated with Blackberry or their services are not to be trusted. The majority of the people working for Blackberry are giving up. Why would they do their best to save the company? People getting fired all the time. Even with the Z10 and Q10 (two of the most beautiful phones of 2013) they can't make profit. Blackberry keeps on f*king their customers. Remember Playbook and the promise they made? Where is it now?

A communications company with zero ability to communicate to their customers, that's BBRY. If it was stopped because of the fake apps, why wouldn't they tell this on a website or social media? I don't want to know about the 1.1mil people who registered. I want to know why exactly the app rollout is paused/stopped and what has to happen before the app comes out.

Like I said. BBRY Can't be trusted after this.
    bbhuh and danprown like this.
    09-23-13 04:02 AM
    You're right! These Crack(berry)heads don't accept the truth. I know the truth is very hard sometimes, but people have to accept it.
    Blackberry and everything asociated with Blackberry or their services are not to be trusted. The majority of the people working for Blackberry are giving up. Why would they do their best to save the company? People getting fired all the time. Even with the Z10 and Q10 (two of the most beautiful phones of 2013) they can't make profit. Blackberry keeps on f*king their customers. Remember Playbook and the promise they made? Where is it now?

A communications company with zero ability to communicate to their customers, that's BBRY. If it was stopped because of the fake apps, why wouldn't they tell this on a website or social media? I don't want to know about the 1.1mil people who registered. I want to know why exactly the app rollout is paused/stopped and what has to happen before the app comes out.

Like I said. BBRY Can't be trusted after this.
    What makes this more sad that many people would also feel they can't trust and now when blackberry will eventually monetize, they won't get a single penny as people had already lost faith.
    09-23-13 06:28 AM
    Time for Google to get grip on their Play Store, the Fake BBM`s are beinig submitted while we speak.

Google Play Store....a Horrible Place to Be!
    Attached Thumbnails How ISNT this BlackBerry's fault?-bbm_flood-2.jpg  
    09-23-13 06:33 AM
    People keep blaming the leaked app. Helloooo if blackberry just posted the official app on time then less people would of downloaded the leaked app. Plain and simple. It's blackberry's fault for not being prepared for this and not posted the official app in the play store.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    wayne504 likes this.
    09-23-13 09:54 AM
    if you cant handle the forces that govern the market, the forces will handle you.
    09-23-13 09:59 AM
54 123