Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    So BBM works fine for me on my KEYone when talking to a friend on BB10 but when I message my girlfriend on her S7 she doesn't receive my messages until she opens BBM. This defeats the purpose of an instant messaging app. It was working fine before but just over the last couple of weeks this started happening.

Obviously it has to be something on her end since I can talk with other friends. I looked at her phone settings and her BBM settings and I see nothing out of place. Maybe one of you is having similar problems and can off some advice.

Thanks in advance.
    05-10-18 03:53 PM
    Does she have any battery optimization apps or anything like that running? Or perhaps she disabled the persistent notification in the BBM settings, which would cause messages to not come through immed? Look under BBM>me>Notifications>BBM Connected icon.
    05-10-18 04:46 PM
    Does she have any battery optimization apps or anything like that running? Or perhaps she disabled the persistent notification in the BBM settings, which would cause messages to not come through immed? Look under BBM>me>Notifications>BBM Connected icon.
    That's actually the first thing I checked. The notification is still there.

The only battery optimization would be whatever Samsung provides. I'm not sure how to use any of their software though. I've always been a BlackBerry boy. Any thoughts on how that may be affecting it?
    05-10-18 09:52 PM
    Well, for anyone wondering, the phone was putting BBM to sleep immediately after closing it. I just went through settings and removed it from being automatically put to sleep and voila. My BBM woes are through.
    Last edited by Shifty88; 05-22-18 at 03:03 PM.
    05-16-18 08:39 AM
    Forget it. Now they're intermittent. I give up. How the mighty have fallen.
    05-26-18 03:59 PM
    Well, in case anyone is wondering, I never found a fix. Her phone got the Oreo update and now it works again. Oh Android. As lovely as it is, I miss me some BB10 goodness.
    06-23-18 08:02 AM