Though friends have avatar pictures, in my list I only see colored bubble with their initial(s).

I have the latest BBM.

There are one or two that actually display correctly.

KeyOne
    12-28-18 07:44 AM
    If your friends are willing, have them repost their avatars. That should do it.
    So you're on Android/IOS? Does it follow a pattern? (only BB10 or only Android / IOS pictures showing).

If yes, this might explain: http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2018/...bb10-and-bbos/
    12-28-18 08:39 AM
    So you're on Android/IOS? Does it follow a pattern? (only BB10 or only Android / IOS pictures showing).

If yes, this might explain: Upcoming Changes to BBM Consumer for BB10 and BBOS | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog
    Thanks for the article. Nice find.

I am using the KeyOne, which is Android OS.
    Everything was fine even when I jumped from my Passport to my first KeyOne. This is my second KeyOne and I have had it for maybe 2 years now. No problems. One day I had to reformat my device. It was only then that BBM went a little wonky.

Maybe it somehow pulled down old settings? I don't know. All my contacts are the same from when I had my PassPort like 5 years ago around.

All my purchased stickers came across with no problems (so I know this is the right account).

Interestingly, my one Channel lost its "avatar" as well at first. I signed into a browser and recreated it and that's fine. Unfortunately, I cannot manually edit the avatars of my contacts like I can in SMS.

I wish there was a way to refresh contacts or something.

thanks for your help though, Ben.
    12-28-18 11:35 AM
    If your friends are willing, have them repost their avatars. That should do it.
    01-11-19 09:39 AM