07-06-15 12:57 PM
53 123
tools
    I'm guessing this is moot mostly because when we eventually take an official OTA update it will install all those files.

You do risk destabilizing things.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 08:11 PM
    Here you go....
    Haha Thx.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Elite1; 11-21-14 at 02:21 AM.
    m69c44 likes this.
    11-20-14 08:56 PM
    I'm guessing this is moot mostly because when we eventually take an official OTA update it will install all those files.

You do risk destabilizing things.

Posted via CB10
    If you update OTA it does install all these files. You can however delete them afterwards using Sachesi or the Chrome extension.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 01:10 AM
    Understood! But I don't consider myself a newbe... I reloaded the whole blitz and it's working again. So it's definitely in one of the files I deleted. And if I have to guess it's authtokens or carrier_data ( extensive carrier configuration (apn)). So I'm really leaning towards that one since it wasn't saving the apn.
    Maybe this should also be on the do not delete list.
    Thx keith.

Posted via CB10
    The carrier APN is a tricky one as it contains lots of APN settings for several carriers around the world. I deleted it and my APN settings got automatically filled in cause they're saved on my carriers SIM card.

It's hit and miss.
    I'll add it to the do not delete section.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 01:12 AM
    It will be great if I can customize the OS prior to do a fresh install

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 03:54 AM
    The carrier APN is a tricky one as it contains lots of APN settings for several carriers around the world. I deleted it and my APN settings got automatically filled in cause they're saved on my carriers SIM card.

It's hit and miss.
    I'll add it to the do not delete section.

Posted via CB10
    Probably best lol. Cause I talked to Rogers. And apn settings would not save. Powered on and off, reset on there end, pulled and put back sim. Nothing.
    Keith

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 09:11 AM
    Can anybody confirm that the trim brings a real benefit? I mean all this work for ~1GB additional space is not worth it (in my opinion). If I would have to spend 1 hour to find and delete all these files (and do it again each time I update my phone) then it is worth to spend some money for a bigger sd-card.
    ronfc likes this.
    11-21-14 09:23 AM
    Can anybody confirm that the trim brings a real benefit? I mean all this work for ~1GB additional space is not worth it (in my opinion). If I would have to spend 1 hour to find and delete all these files (and do it again each time I update my phone) then it is worth to spend some money for a bigger sd-card.
    Well the trim actually takes about 5 mins if you follow my template. It's really no work at all.
    In terms of benefit, the most files you trim are merely just taking up space but you can trim system files you don't need/use that are otherwise accessed/opened by the OS. So benefit? Maybe a little increase in speed, maybe not. Definitely a space increase.

I don't think it's easy to determine whether or not it makes your phone run faster or more stable, all I know is that I hate it when files are installed that are useless to me, whether it's on my PC or on my phone.

I can't prove it's benefits so i'm pleading the fifth.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and ATV_Hightower like this.
    11-21-14 09:46 AM
    Reminds me on past times with windows XP and a tool called nlite.

___
    cgkmuhrizky likes this.
    11-21-14 12:20 PM
    When trying to install the Blitz file over STL-100 sachesi reports no radio found

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 12:11 AM
    I pulled most of these language files out of my installed 10.3.1.1016 using Sachesi before this list hit the forum. I can confirm when you "Sachesi" a Blitz ZIP (as I did for 10.3.1.1151), leaving the 'Only install newer apps' box checked, my update went from 204 files to 74 files.

So I'm guessing the upload doesn't send files that don't initially exist! What a twist!

Sachesi + Blitz = Best. Update. Ever. (So far...)
    11-22-14 01:09 AM
    ... Deleting them before install is just so Sachesi doesn't check if it's already installed or not saving some time.

Sachesi isn't able to delete these files but some of these permanent files CAN be deleted using the Chrome extension but it's hit and miss.

If you are doing a non-destructive upgrade and you have previously installed some of these files, deleting them prior to the upgrade will cut down in upgrade time but they'll be on your phone because of the previous install. In this case use the Chrome extension or Sachesi to delete them of your phone.
    Can you please add a note about this (bolded portion) somewhere near top of OP?

I have a feeling that there are lots of users shrinking their OS for first time and having no idea they didn't accomplish anything since the "deleted" files are still there on their device from the last OS. Maybe mention how to delete with Sachesi from installed files on device, i.e. which tabs in Sachesi.

PS Thanks for taking the time to make this thread!
    11-23-14 02:10 AM
    Nice work here. Do you mind if I update my thread with the list of your bar file description?

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...s-os10-828351/
    moody and zephyr613 like this.
    11-23-14 04:52 AM
    A bigger SD Card will NOT add any "Device" space...the deleted language and nuance files are from the device memory...you know, where the games and apps are...not pictures, videos and documents...

Crackberry Genius on Verizon Z10/10.3.1.1151
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-23-14 05:40 AM
    Nice work here. Do you mind if I update my thread with the list of your bar file description?

LOL
    Mecca EL and moody like this.
    11-23-14 05:51 AM

Of course not. Have at it

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-23-14 11:27 AM
    Good job naming all the bar files. Makes it easier for people to make decisions.
    11-25-14 06:20 AM
    Wow!!

Love the retro kick...

I haven't thought of trimming my OS since the Javelin

Passport | Fido
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-25-14 06:26 AM
    Yeah, some of us just can't stand wasted space..
    So we pick and pick till we get every little kb we can..
    Kinda like a guy I went to school with once who had an obsession with
    picking his nose. He would not stop till it gushed blood.. Sick Duck.... Dang.. lol

Aka Warrior..
    12-23-14 04:31 PM
    thanks much needed info!
    12-24-14 05:03 PM
    pbcd-10.3.1.4-nto+armle-v7+signed.bar, BlackBerry OS IMAGE FILE (contains the BlackBerry OS that you can reinstall through BlackBerry Link if you brick your phone)
    No, that's the BlackBerry Link CD, so that you can install Link on any connected computer
    12-30-14 04:11 PM
    Giving this thread a bump for those loading the new 2072 Blitz.
    01-28-15 08:34 AM
    Can we do this with Sachesi?
    CAN BE DELETED FROM THE FOLDER (LACK OF FUNCTIONALITY CAN OCCUR)

Especially "Retail Demo" two big files, as well as all Social Network related spam, can we just delete those after downloading Sachesi before flashing the new update?
    02-23-15 07:30 PM
    Can we do this with Sachesi?
    CAN BE DELETED FROM THE FOLDER (LACK OF FUNCTIONALITY CAN OCCUR)

Especially "Retail Demo" two big files, as well as all Social Network related spam, can we just delete those after downloading Sachesi before flashing the new update?
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 05:43 PM
    Thank you again.

Can you do an update if there is new files of concern?

Dean
    06-18-15 07:34 AM
53 123