01-09-14 05:31 AM
48 12
tools
    I think this is a big issue of the new OS10. Past versions you could , using an alternative Theme, see a Homescreen with all information, including events, first line of the new messages, and all other important informations. My concern is : where is that tradicional Blackberry screen that you could see all information that you need in a glance ? It cannot be that hub screen or even that homescreen or the 'squares' screen. None of them are beautiful or functinal enought to be a real Homescreen. A real business phone must have a beautiful and functional homescreen where you can in see all you need in a glance.
    04-12-13 09:35 AM
    I would also like to see multiple events... "Upcoming Events" should be the feature with a configuration option on whether or not it's displayed and if so how many (1,2,3) as options in settings or something like that...

I really need to see my next few hours worth of scheduled time... don't feel the current "Next Event" is good design practice keeping in mind the new blackberry mantra of "Keep Moving".

I have to stop moving and go into my calendar and review my agenda (which has its place in my work flow as well).

I Hope they rethink this aspect and take our feedback into consideration to name it more customizable by then user to tailor the phone's function to the customer need!

Thoughts?!

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 01:40 AM
    I think the answer is to make this component user defined; some likes the feature & others do not. I for one would like to have it disabled, or, enabled for when I think it is appropriate.

Hope you're listening BlackBerry team.

Posted via ZB10
    05-05-13 10:57 AM
    f s fjdlsfjkl dsfkldsftesting....
    05-07-13 12:42 AM
    I think the answer is to make this component user defined; some likes the feature & others do not. I for one would like to have it disabled, or, enabled for when I think it is appropriate.

Hope you're listening BlackBerry team.

Posted via ZB10
    teswting,.f.m,nf
    05-07-13 12:43 AM
    I would also like to see multiple events... "Upcoming Events" should be the feature with a configuration option on whether or not it's displayed and if so how many (1,2,3) as options in settings or something like that...

I really need to see my next few hours worth of scheduled time... don't feel the current "Next Event" is good design practice keeping in mind the new blackberry mantra of "Keep Moving".

I have to stop moving and go into my calendar and review my agenda (which has its place in my work flow as well).

I Hope they rethink this aspect and take our feedback into consideration to name it more customizable by then user to tailor the phone's function to the customer need!

Thoughts?!

Posted via CB10
    testing...
    05-07-13 12:44 AM
    j lfkjkfdklsfdsj fds fdsfds fds
    05-07-13 12:44 AM
    f s fjdlsfjkl dsfkldsftesting....

what is this nonsence..
    05-07-13 12:45 AM
    fdsfds fdsfdsfds f ds fds
    05-07-13 12:47 AM
    dsa ddas dasdasdsad fdsfdsf dsff f dsf
    05-07-13 12:47 AM
    Just curious if any of you on the new 10.1 are able to turn off this annoying calendar display on the lock screen.

Thank you .

Posted via ZB10
    05-10-13 09:40 AM
    Just curious if any of you on the new 10.1 are able to turn off this annoying calendar display on the lock screen.

Thank you .

Posted via ZB10
    Nope, but I continue to dream. Customization is not a strong point of this OS yet, so it would seem.
    05-10-13 10:15 PM
    I guess the work around is to use a 3rd party app that does not talk to that functionality. Anyone have suggestions on what works well as a calendar/task app?

Thanks

Posted via ZB10
    05-11-13 07:49 PM
    I'd really like to see my next event, more than 24 hours before it's due. I'd also like to see multiple events on the lock screen.

There should seriously be more customization in this department, considering it's a business phone.
    05-23-13 08:00 AM
    V

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 10:21 AM
    I don't see why they can't make the event clickable so that the days events (or another 2-3 appointments as space allows) fade or maybe unfold into view. I think the Q10 is the problem as it has a small screen. That shouldn't hold up features the full screen phones could utilize IMO.

Developers don't have APIs to customize the lock screen either, something I hope happens sooner than later.
    06-02-13 06:12 PM
    Yeah, I would love to see next few events as well, even if they're a few days away. That goes for the lock screen as well as the agenda view. People use their calendars in different ways, and customization in this OS is currently pretty bad; but I guess (hope) this will improve over time, since BB was so good at customization previously.

Also, I would like to be able to change the time next to the next event to display "time UNTIL event" rather than the DURATION of the next event, on the lock screen.

Overall, calendar function overall needs a lot more work as far as I'm concerned, particularly for the Agenda view and lock screen (which are pretty much the same functionality).

Keeping fingers crossed for future updates!
    Minhaaj Rehman likes this.
    06-28-13 04:27 AM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 02:25 PM
    +1. Adding to this, would love to see more than one future event. My old 9900 theme would show all upcoming appointments.
    Good to see how much time I have between meetings. Eg, appointment at 1, then at 3:30, then phone call to make at 4, etc...Allows for much better scheduling of my day
    07-23-13 01:26 PM
    It's security. Another example of insecurity of android

Posted via CB10
    JTon likes this.
    07-29-13 10:01 PM
    I'd really like to see my next event, more than 24 hours before it's due. I'd also like to see multiple events on the lock screen.

There should seriously be more customization in this department, considering it's a business phone.
    +1

Posted from my Zed 10
    07-31-13 09:41 AM
    It's security. Another example of insecurity of android

Posted via CB10
    Good point. Off by default with a toggle on option would be nice

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 11:27 PM
    Nope, but I continue to dream. Customization is not a strong point of this OS yet, so it would seem.
    I have found a workaround to take the "New Event" notification on the lock screen (Well it worked for me so worth a try!)

I have three email accounts on my Blackberry - one EAS account for work, an Outlook (Hotmail) account and a GMail Account all with associated contacts, calendars, tasks etc added and was getting the lock screen "New Event" that I couldn't turn off so..

1. I add the email accounts as normal including all the options for calendar, contacts, tasks etc
    2. I only use the calendar from the EAS account so I then went into the account options and toggled off the calendar in the Outlook (Hotmail) account just keeping email.

Voila - "New Event" disappeared and hasn't returned Worth a try and even if you don't intend to add more than one email account, create an Outlook (Hotmail) or similar one, add it with all the options (I rebooted but not sure I had too?) then go back into the accounts and turn off the calendar for the Outlook (or similar) account and try it

Z10 STL100-2 - running 10.2.1.1925
    01-09-14 05:31 AM
48 12