05-29-14 10:52 AM
36 12
tools
    Will BB10 have a black list as well to auto ignore calls listed inside the list?
    09-01-13 09:35 PM
    Agreed, gestures are what makes this platform what it is!

I always found the basic gestures (answer/ignore) were fairly intuitive. Keep up the good work BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    Guess what, dragging and pushing a bar aren't really gestures as they rely on specific finger placement.

If I could swipe in a generally up direction to ignore a call, or swipe down in a general way instead of a specific way to answer a call, then I would consider is a proper gesture or a swipe. As it stands, the phone answering mechanic in BB10 has is not in line with BB10's gesture based ui.

I think BlackBerry really screwed up their phone mechanics with that annoying bar, when they should have employed more sweeping gestures in line with the rest of the OS.

Have you seen iOS7's unlocking gesture? They're doing BB10 one better than BlackBerry.
    10-10-13 08:39 AM
    iOS7 unlocking is basically the same as BB10. A swipe. The new iPhone 5's are the only phones with the new finger print unlock. It's a hardware function, not an OS function.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 09:05 PM
    iOS7 unlocking is basically the same as BB10. A swipe. The new iPhone 5's are the only phones with the new finger print unlock. It's a hardware function, not an OS function.

Posted via CB10
    I'm talking about iOS's swiping unlock gesture. I guess it really is the same, though it feels better in practice. I'm just disappointed in the ****-poor phone app on BB10 and its rotten mechanics.
    10-18-13 01:36 AM
    Touching the bar to stop the ring is new to me but i always assumed swiping up will reject the call.

I always use the volume key to silent the phone if i don't want to answer it. Its like that also on my old bb7 and i think most phones. I also found out just now pressing the volume key middle button also stops the ring

Z10 STL100-2
    You can tap anywhere on the screen to mute the call...

From the Z...
    10-22-13 02:32 PM
    will that mute the phone for everything else? notifications, music, etc.
    10-29-13 02:19 PM
    will that mute the phone for everything else? notifications, music, etc.
    No.. It'll mute that specific incoming call only...

From the Z...
    10-29-13 04:29 PM
    You should pull up for ignoring a call and if you want to answer that call pull down for that.
    12-17-13 03:13 AM
    Front facing camera should recognise two finger hand gesture

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 06:46 AM
    Thanks to the tip of getting to Priority Call, above, I discovered that we also have speed dial available.
    Swipe down from the top in phone screen, tap settings, then near bottom of screen is Keypress Speed Dial, with a star.
    Unfortunately, the contact you select doesn't show in any way on the dial screen, so you'll have to just remember, but still - better than nothing.
    Or some app I've not discovered, yet....
    05-29-14 10:46 AM
    Wooooah that's awesome. Didn't even know that was there. Thank for the tip man! Kind of wish that the first part of the message could also be changed, but good to know that the feature is there.

Posted via CB10
    It seems that you can change the message under Reply Now, to send them a text.

When I go to Priority Call, it's greyed out; I'm unable to utilize that option???
    05-29-14 10:52 AM
36 12