09-08-15 10:10 PM
86 1234
tools
    Somehow I got two copies of the OS file and five(!) copies of the radio file onto Sachibar. All are showing "installing." Am I screwed?? Or will it just take a couple of days to finish....

Edit: I pulled the plug, nothing happened, so I started over again with Sachibar. Instead of using the "find files" button on Sachibar, I dragged and dropped as the instructions said and immediately got a different response indicating actual file transfer. So I think it's working this time...
    Last edited by purpledog10; 05-30-13 at 11:54 PM.
    05-30-13 10:48 PM
    If debrick method does not wipe the device, what is the difference between using the debrick and upgrade methods? Which is safer for updating without wiping the device?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 02:09 AM
    I've yet to see a difference between the two in terms of outcome.
    05-31-13 06:18 AM
    Somehow I got two copies of the OS file and five(!) copies of the radio file onto Sachibar. All are showing "installing." Am I screwed?? Or will it just take a couple of days to finish....
    You can cancel an install at any time through Sachibar. Nothing bad will ever happen.
    Installs only take effect when the device has rebooted (for firmware updates).
    05-31-13 07:23 AM
    Yep.

Note that you can use the "Upgrade" option to get the files instead of "Debrick"; if you do you will get LOTS of files. If you go that route then you must use Sachibar to install them and you have to make sure you get them all; you cannot make an autoloader out of those as there are far too many.
    It's not the number of files that prevents making an autoloader from the upgrade files. It's the fact that (almost all of) those files do not contain the *.signed format files used by CAP. The majority of the *.bar files you'll get from an upgrade-style sachup download are effectively app bars, and can be sideloaded like any other bar file, but do not have the necessary information to be added to an autoloader.
    05-31-13 08:04 AM
    I've yet to see a difference between the two in terms of outcome.
    So whether you use the Upgrade or Debrick method, it won't wipe your device?
    06-02-13 11:18 PM
    So whether you use the Upgrade or Debrick method, it won't wipe your device?
    That is correct. Both methods are non-destructive.

Sachibar
    06-03-13 07:13 AM
    Hi all,

I downloaded the 10.1.0.2354 Autoloader from the other thread for my Z10. When I clicked the exe file, it popped up a window and said "Connecting to Bootrom". Then I connected the phone while it's off with the USB. The phone started itself but the Autoloader couldn't connect to the phone. Anyone has any insight? Thanks in advance.
    06-03-13 09:04 PM
    I might have missed the answer so I apologise in advance but when I use the "Split Autoloader" option and it gives 2 files in ".signed" extention thi is simply the 2 bar files just the extention has been changed?

I just want to know so I can use the radio and OS bar files, rename them as signed files and try various different "hybrids"
    06-03-13 09:30 PM
    I might have missed the answer so I apologise in advance but when I use the "Split Autoloader" option and it gives 2 files in ".signed" extention thi is simply the 2 bar files just the extention has been changed?

I just want to know so I can use the radio and OS bar files, rename them as signed files and try various different "hybrids"
    No, they are the .signed files that are normally contained in the BAR files.

You can make an autoloader with the radios and that will be non-destructive, and you can also use a radio and a different OS if you like, but if you make an autoloader that contains an OS the flash is destructive.

CAP wants .signed files, not the .BAR files, as input.
    06-03-13 10:25 PM
    I could make Sachup extract the .bar's and grab the .signed for you.
    06-03-13 11:37 PM
    Is there a way to get bar files from signed files?

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 08:48 AM
    Try latest Sachup.
    Last edited by xsacha; 06-11-13 at 10:19 AM.
    06-04-13 10:40 AM
    I could make Sachup extract the .bar's and grab the .signed for you.
    If you have time to do it in the future add a button split as bar and split ad signed but it is not important...i thought i need bar files to make the auto loader which is wrong and my mistake

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 10:28 PM
    This is the fastest and easiest way to side load anything. Thanks for getting this out to us.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 08:53 PM
    This is a great thread and by far the easiest way to sideload apps.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    06-10-13 05:10 AM
    If debrick method does not wipe the device, what is the difference between using the debrick and upgrade methods? Which is safer for updating without wiping the device?
    I did my first Sachibar upgrade last night, without any problems. I used the upgrade method. To answer your first question, the "debrick" method--which might also be called simply the "firmware only method"--only thing touches the core OS, and the radio files. Everything else is unaffected. The "upgrade" method actually replaces all the pre-installed apps and features, which is why there are so many files involved.

If you ever installed OS leaks on legacy BBOS, you'll recall that they involved a long list of .cod files. You may have used tools to leave some of these out, thus "shrinking" the OS (I wonder if that will become an option in BB10). The Sachibar "upgrade" method is similar in that it reloads everything.

The "debrick" method leaves everything alone, except the core OS and radio files. If any of that other stuff was updated in a newer leak, the debrick method won't install the updated files. I don't know what the likelihood of that is, but that's my understanding of the matter. If, for example, the Remember app was tweaked in some visible or invisible way in a new OS version, the debrick method won't give you that new and improved version of the app; the upgrade method will. If that's incorrect, I hope some knowledgeable person will say so.

Because of the number of files involved, the upgrade method takes longer. As shabbs pointed out, both methods are non-destructive, so data and settings are unaffected. It's very cool, in fact. As recommended, I did a full backup before doing the upgrade, and that takes some time, but I didn't have to do a restore afterwards, which saves a lot of time.
    06-10-13 08:04 AM
    Quoted, "The autoloader will then complete, and your device will reboot. Go through the initial setup, then proceed with a security wipe of the device (Settings - Security - Security Wipe). This is a precaution incase any file fragmentation occured during the autoloader writing process. Once the security wipe has been completed, you may than restore your backup you created from Blackberry Link, ''

Everything seemed to go fine as stated till I thought I would be smart and bypass the set up screen on the Z. Now the screen only shows a bluish wallpaper. I guess it is bricked??
    06-10-13 04:55 PM
    I did my first Sachibar upgrade last night, without any problems. I used the upgrade method. To answer your first question, the "debrick" method--which might also be called simply the "firmware only method"--only thing touches the core OS, and the radio files. Everything else is unaffected. The "upgrade" method actually replaces all the pre-installed apps and features, which is why there are so many files involved.
    Actually, the debrick method has all the apps as well. They are contained within the OS image. So instead of upgrading them, it simply flashes over the top (much neater). With upgrade bars, you can choose to leave out all the apps too. But then you don't get any new apps.
    There is a bug with BB10 and upgrading apps (even from App World!) so upgrade bars can be an issue now. Didn't happen on the Playbook.
    06-10-13 08:57 PM
    Actually, the debrick method has all the apps as well. They are contained within the OS image. So instead of upgrading them, it simply flashes over the top (much neater). With upgrade bars, you can choose to leave out all the apps too. But then you don't get any new apps.
    There is a bug with BB10 and upgrading apps (even from App World!) so upgrade bars can be an issue now. Didn't happen on the Playbook.
    Once again, everything I thought I understood turns out to be wrong! Thanks for clearing that up. So, is it fair to say that for the average person who just wants to upgrade to a leaked OS, either way is as good as the other?
    06-11-13 08:45 AM
    Debrick is probably better because of that BB10 bug. When it gets fixed, they should be the same.
    06-11-13 10:20 AM
    Hi Kris - i hate to admit this but i'm a bit dumb when comes to these things. Can you expound this line for me? On your screen shot it shows a box for password however, how will i first put my phone on debug mode?

"Put your phone in debug mode and connect it, making sure your device password is in the box."
    06-11-13 08:33 PM
    Hi Kris - i hate to admit this but i'm a bit dumb when comes to these things. Can you expound this line for me? On your screen shot it shows a box for password however, how will i first put my phone on debug mode?

"Put your phone in debug mode and connect it, making sure your device password is in the box."
    If you don't already password lock your phone, when you enable dev mode you'll need to create a password. This password has to be implemented into sachibar in order for the app to connect to your device

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 08:40 PM
    Firstly, props to xsacha for the amazing programs in Sachup/Sachibar ( http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=7534216). The aim of this thread is to clear the OS threads of the common questions of "how to install". What you will need - Windows PC (For autoloader, Linux/Windows for Sachibar), Blackberry Device.

Now, before any install it is always wise to make a backup of your device (Learn how here http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...b-link-804043/). To start, you will need to confirm your device model number. You can find this information by going into your 'About' menu within the settings. If you have a Z10 it'll start with STL, a Q10 starts with SQN, and a Q5 starts with SQR.

Once you know your device model number, check out this thread (http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...thread-812620/) for the latest and greatest for your device. You will more than likely download a RAR file type. Within this download contains the EXE file that will effectively be your autoloader and path to upgrade heaven. Use either WinRar or 7-Zip to extract the EXE file from the RAR file.

After your backup has been completed, shut down Blackberry Link, and run the EXE file. Plug in your device to the computer (if not already done). Your device will reboot and you will see the Autoloader start to install the files.

*DO NOT TOUCH OR REMOVE YOUR DEVICE DURING THIS STAGE. YOU CAN SOFT BRICK YOUR DEVICE.*

The autoloader will then complete, and your device will reboot. Go through the initial setup, then proceed with a security wipe of the device (Settings - Security - Security Wipe). This is a precaution incase any file fragmentation occured during the autoloader writing process. Once the security wipe has been completed, you may than restore your backup you created from Blackberry Link.

*Note to anyone using a iMac or Macbook: You can only install leaks via Bootcamp which loads into a full OS of Windows on your Mac. Virtual Machines (VM) Software will not work, as it does not contain the neccessary code to detect a device while it is effectively "turned off"*

Now if your the non destructive type, and fancy yourself a OS install without a autoloader, check out Post #2 on details of how to Install via Sachibar
    hi Kris,

please How to extract .bar file from aotoloader installer..

thanks
    06-12-13 02:45 AM
    hi Kris,
    please How to extract .bar file from aotoloader installer..
    thanks
    Use Sachup Choose 'Split Autoloader'. It creates an OS.signed.
    Click on 'Extract Apps' and choose the OS.signed.
    oo_se7en likes this.
    06-12-13 03:00 AM
86 1234