Sorry I didn't reply earlier but glad to hear it! It must have to do with the link backup pushing old settings or something like that but anyways do you have mms?

Posted via CB10
    Yup thankfully I do. I did not have mms in 10.1.xxx but with 10.2 from Telus I was able to fill in the mmsc url and proxy ip address for Red Pocket. Thanks again George! You saved me a WHOLE load of hassle :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 06:41 PM
    Yup thankfully I do. I did not have mms in 10.1.xxx but with 10.2 from Telus I was able to fill in the mmsc url and proxy ip address for Red Pocket. Thanks again George! You saved me a WHOLE load of hassle :-)

Posted via CB10
    Your welcome and glad I could help!

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 07:31 PM
    Data policy changed on Net10 recently (also now at 2.5gb)

my APN set up is tfdata. This has been the same since my last phone (Samsung Galaxy, loaded in in July 2012).

I am aware mms2/mms3 and other settings can vary slightly (I know you don't know what level of brainz someone has, but please, don't condescend. I have more than a wee bit of telecom knowledge)

So far, no MMS... if I can't send a text picture, so be it... I got the whole of the internet to send it through plus emails... just trying to get to gravy.
    11-06-13 06:04 PM
    Well then with tfdata the mms setting are the same, http : / / mms-tf.net and mms3.tracfone.com:80.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 06:56 PM
    Data policy changed on Net10 recently (also now at 2.5gb)

my APN set up is tfdata. This has been the same since my last phone (Samsung Galaxy, loaded in in July 2012).

I am aware mms2/mms3 and other settings can vary slightly (I know you don't know what level of brainz someone has, but please, don't condescend. I have more than a wee bit of telecom knowledge)

So far, no MMS... if I can't send a text picture, so be it... I got the whole of the internet to send it through plus emails... just trying to get to gravy.
    Wait so me stating a fact you apparently knew about a telecommunication network that you yourself admitted wasn't clear you had foreknowledge of was being condescending but telling me that you have more than a "wee bit of telecom knowledge" isn't? You've got me stymied

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 07:21 PM
    HUB, Settings->Text->MMS->Advanced on any OS.

Symbian, Maemoo, WebOS, MeeGo, Android, iOS, and finally peace with BB10
    Thank you very much. BlackBerry Z10 is fully functional on Straight Talk AT&T. MMS is working on my:
    - BlackBerry Z10
    - STL100-3
    - OS 10.1.0.4780
    - Straight Talk AT&T SIM

Great job OP!

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 01:34 PM
    I've got a Q10 on an unlocked SQN100-2, and have entered the MMS settings as described as well as the APN for Straight Talk. Seem to be able to send MMS messages but cannot receive any.

Any further advice to get this going? MMS is pretty important to me so will probably have to bail on straight talk if this doesn't work.
    11-10-13 08:32 PM
    Wait so me stating a fact you apparently knew about a telecommunication network that you yourself admitted wasn't clear you had foreknowledge of was being condescending but telling me that you have more than a "wee bit of telecom knowledge" isn't? You've got me stymied

Posted via CB10
    Not intending to argue, not intending to cause a problem... just got rubbed the wrong way with a statement of fact by you. it's all good. your post immediately prior to this regarding tfdata etc. is where I had to leave it. My frustration level with this particular bump on the Z10 is getting the better of me. Apologies.

Not knowing the specific in and outs of where to put something is not equal to not understanding the underlying principle of how the telephony system operates. you know the where, which I did not sufficiently express my appreciation for. Sincerely. I'm still trying to figure out why MMS isn't working, while SMS does, and LTE (and 3g and 2g) do. Looking through escreen:// > Data Services > MMS logical connections > most of the info (including the apn) give "no data available!"

Again, in the theoretical, I see where this needs to be changed, but I can't see how that is done, since it won't allow a change on these screens, it won't move it from the text message settings screens... if I get time, I may try a full reinstall of the OS (10.2.0.1743) or a later one to try it all again... so again, open for suggestion. (and here's the screenshot of the escreen)

HOW TO: Get MMS Working on Straight Talk-img_00000070.png
    11-10-13 09:20 PM
    My problems aren't over yet. I moved directly to AT&T but prepaid. I can send and receive MMS but not all. For some MMS I only get the text but no picture. I assume it has something to do with pictures size. I need to investiagte further.

Symbian, Maemoo, WebOS, MeeGo, Android, iOS, and finally peace with BB10
    11-10-13 09:29 PM
    Not intending to argue, not intending to cause a problem... just got rubbed the wrong way with a statement of fact by you. it's all good. your post immediately prior to this regarding tfdata etc. is where I had to leave it. My frustration level with this particular bump on the Z10 is getting the better of me. Apologies.

Not knowing the specific in and outs of where to put something is not equal to not understanding the underlying principle of how the telephony system operates. you know the where, which I did not sufficiently express my appreciation for. Sincerely. I'm still trying to figure out why MMS isn't working, while SMS does, and LTE (and 3g and 2g) do. Looking through escreen:// > Data Services > MMS logical connections > most of the info (including the apn) give "no data available!"

Again, in the theoretical, I see where this needs to be changed, but I can't see how that is done, since it won't allow a change on these screens, it won't move it from the text message settings screens... if I get time, I may try a full reinstall of the OS (10.2.0.1743) or a later one to try it all again... so again, open for suggestion. (and here's the screenshot of the escreen)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000070.png 
Views:	315 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	219292
    Thanks for clearing that up. Maybe a reinstall could do that...or you could try 10.2.0.1047, that's where it seems most success is coming from.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 04:13 PM
    Actually, it solved itself when I sideloaded 10.2.1.1055 in. Everything works flawlessly now.

For anyone else stumbling upon this (and to be clear which settings work)
    in escreen:

APN - tfdata

in text messages > settings > Advanced
    MMSC URL - http://mms-tf.net

Proxy URL - mms3.tracfone.com:80
    11-18-13 12:11 PM
    Wow that did work.

Many thinks!

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 01:50 PM
    So to be clear, the Z10 can be setup to successfully use Straight Talk without any problems? I am checking before I purchase an unlocked Z10. Thanks.
    11-30-13 08:40 AM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 10:15 AM
    Anyone find a fix for having to press ps attach after every reboot or network reset? It's just a small annoyance but would like to be rid of it if at all possible

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 05:00 PM
    Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 09:26 PM
    Just updated to leak .1259 then decide to try a couple of combinations and one worked:

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    12-21-13 09:37 PM
    I'm a former ST customer (using the old SIM), but I never used ST with a BlackBerry. I just received my LTE enabled SIM and got my number ported back to ST.

I'm only having a couple issues:
    - The APN info resets after I reboot/turn off my Z10 a couple times.
    - I can send, but not receive MMS.

I'm running the latest leak (10.2.1.1259). I'm using the latest MMS settings, and everything seems to be fine other than the 2 issues. I read the posts in the thread and other people had an issue with the APN. Did anyone find a fix?

Also, another weird thing is my carrier info shows up as "AT&T" instead of "HOME" like I remembered.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 09:02 AM
    Did you wipe your phone? That might solve it, but only if you don't restore settings after the fact. Try pressing "clear network info" and "clear stored cell info" in the 3gpp>utilities menu. Might fix the problem, and a wipe might further the process better if the old att settings are ghosting around.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 11:35 PM
    However, in order to make my phone LTE connected, I had to give them different IMEI as they were not recognizing my phone's IMEI and their stupid provisioning system needed to be tricked.

Now I believe I stopped receiving MMS after I changed the IMEI and I wouldn't be surprised if that is the actual problem - AT&T are fascists.
    I think that might be the real problem. The sim card (not the fascism ).

After I finally got mine set and running (and verified through my service provider that my sim was provisioned correctly) I haven't had any problems, through .1055, .1259, and now .1925. I do want to note that in .1925, they seem to have taken the advanced setting to change your MMS away (which means, back to the escreen: settings... )

When I moved from each OS up, I did a full backup, I reset the phone to factory, ran the update, then reset it again, and then a full restore. The only setting I had to change was the APN (which meant a dig into the escreen: ) but otherwise, it came up fine, and the MMS moved with the restore (but the APN did *not* )

as an aside to djsvetljo - I am not seeing how the internet speeds could be varying that much. I ran speed test on my wireless only to see what it was doing... well, here's the result (and yes it appears I have full LTE on my phone):

HOW TO: Get MMS Working on Straight Talk-img_20131228_113204.png
    Last edited by Paisley Pirate; 01-02-14 at 12:12 PM.
    12-28-13 11:38 AM
    For me the problem was not throughput speed (it is still slower with ST, throttled ) but the PING (response time). Also, daily my data would stop and needed a on/off network to re-register. That was usually happening while passing by downtown Chicago, rush our traffic, crowded areas (shopping mall) and so on. In other words, they would temporary cut the data off in network congested areas as AT&T customers have priority.
    As soon as I switched to AT&T directly (and that's prepaid $60/$57 through calling mart .com) all those issues stopped.
    The ping time = yeah... it seems to send the web fetch through south florida, and then out.. I see that for sure... it has been as long as 500ms here at times (that's half a second... yowza) EDIT: I should note, I've also seen it be less than 100ms, on par with my hard wired ISP to the house... so, ymmv. Greatly.

Them (ATT) throttling traffic in a high congestion area - I can see that, too. I guess I forget how lucky I am to live in a "lightly" populated area... I never noticed it much when I was traveling a lot (east and west coasts, as well as texas metros) but I was having a lot of issues with my previous Galaxy phone that may or may not have been the phone, but the carrier... seriously, more with the phone, since I was having the problems here, and with changing to the BB10, the problems went away.

Thanks for clearing it up, I see and understand your point as to why and what. Makes complete sense, and explains why what's best for you may not be best for me, and vise versa.
    01-02-14 12:08 PM
    Thanks for the replies, guys. I have sorted out my problem. I looked it up, and a lot of people have been having issues with the AT&T LTE SIM. Some people have found 2 solutions:

1) Wait until the next billing cycle. When your data resets, your incoming MMS should magically start working
    2) Buying a new AT&T SIM

I have an STL100-3 AT&T branded (unlocked) Z10, and I was using it with Solavei originally. I had no problems setting APNs or with MMS with Solavei. So, instead of buying another AT&T SIM, I decided to go with the T-Mobile compatible one. Well, everything is working perfectly now! I didn't even have to set any APN information (MMS and data worked out of the box). My carrier says "HOME" like it should and my data indicates I'm getting 4GLTE (before it would just say LTE) with speeds to match.
    01-03-14 08:39 PM
    So you are right now with a t-mobile sim? I was always wandering, does t-mobile switches from LTE to HSPA (4G) when you place a call like it is on AT&T network?

//Some forum moderators are like communist
    Yes, I ordered the T-Mo SIM a couple days ago, and just popped it in. Everything started working nicely as soon as I rebooted. I'm assuming I'm using the new LTE T-Mobile APN (fast.t-mobile.com). When I was on Solavei (also a T-Mo MVNO), I was getting only 4G. I'm getting 4GLTE with the ST T-Mobile SIM.

Also, the T-Mo SIM allows me to change the radio settings. I can turn off 4GLTE if I feel like saving battery.

And yes, the data switches to HSPA+ during phone calls.
    djsvet likes this.
    01-03-14 08:54 PM
    New leak = new challenges
    Where did the advance MMS set up screen moved to with leak .537? Any idea?

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 08:41 PM
    Anybody here on ST have a PlayBook with bridge? Just wondering if the att bypass for it works with straight talk as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 07:09 PM
123 12345