07-13-15 09:03 PM
123 1234 ...
tools
    I'm using Z10 (bought from Wind mobile) on .1767 I've ordered the LTE sim today and will give you feedback back with what I run into with sms

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 11:22 PM
    Got the new LTE SIM activated it and yes it says LTE but lost MMS wth

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 07:33 PM
    Got the new LTE SIM activated it and yes it says LTE but lost MMS wth

Posted via CB10
    And you tried with the new MMSC and PROXY?

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    10-30-13 07:41 PM
    And you tried with the new MMSC and PROXY?

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Tried all combinations thro MMS advance settings and Escreen.
    Notice the settings that came with the SIM are different than what's on the website that comes up after activating the new sim

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 10:07 PM
    Screen shot

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 10:08 PM
    That makes it 2 of us.
    What OS r u running?

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    10-31-13 07:05 AM
    .1767 leak

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 06:12 PM
    Did anyone get this to work? I'm running Net10, and got through to the APN settings and my LTE works... my regular text messages work... but no MMS. Grr. OK, seriously, more annoyance than actual deal breaker.... but it ought to work.
    11-03-13 10:08 PM
    Did anyone get this to work? I'm running Net10, and got through to the APN settings and my LTE works... my regular text messages work... but no MMS. Grr. OK, seriously, more annoyance than actual deal breaker.... but it ought to work.
    Well you have net10 so for starters that's gonna use slightly different mms settings than straight talk so you need to find those specific ones

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 06:03 AM
    I couldn't make it to work.
    In addition, I got tired of ST limiting services in crowded areas, slow data while browsing, and people telling me "what's going on with your phone, I can even leave you a voice msg?"

So I switched to AT&T $60 prepaid unlimited smartphone plan with 2 Gb of data and the difference is night and day.

Symbian, Maemoo, WebOS, MeeGo, Android, iOS, and finally peace with BB10
    11-04-13 07:01 AM
    Hey George, the only thing I'd: net10, Straight Talk, and TracFone are all three the same company. The settings are basically the same across all three.... so. yeah...

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 02:27 PM
    Hey George, the only thing I'd: net10, Straight Talk, and TracFone are all three the same company. The settings are basically the same across all three.... so. yeah...

Posted via CB10
    Yes but they still have minute differences between the two, primarily their carrier addresses for mms. Apn is the same att.mvno unless it uses the wap.tracfone address. Also, net ten has a different data policy, throttling at 1.5 gb whereas straight talk throttles at 2.5. All small differences really but the biggest is the apn so straight talk mms will not work with net ten service. I believe one of bet tens is mms2.tracfone.com, where st is mms3.tracfone.com. Small, but has a world of difference when using it.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 07:14 PM
    Yes but they still have minute differences between the two, primarily their carrier addresses for mms. Apn is the same att.mvno unless it uses the wap.tracfone address. Also, net ten has a different data policy, throttling at 1.5 gb whereas straight talk throttles at 2.5. All small differences really but the biggest is the apn so straight talk mms will not work with net ten service. I believe one of bet tens is mms2.tracfone.com, where st is mms3.tracfone.com. Small, but has a world of difference when using it.
    The APN for Straight Talk on BlackBerry 10 is "tfdata" NOT "att.mvno."

I'm currently on BlackBerry:
    Software Release: 10.1.0.4200
    OS version: 10.1.0.4780

I do think this has to do with this thread, though BlackBerry 10 owners should know that these three factors enable use of Straight Talk prepaid on there BlackBerry Z10:

a) BlackBerry 10.1
    b) New 4G Straight Talk SIM
    c) APN: tfdata

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 02:14 AM
    The APN for Straight Talk on BlackBerry 10 is "tfdata" NOT "att.mvno."

I'm currently on BlackBerry:
    Software Release: 10.1.0.4200
    OS version: 10.1.0.4780

I do think this has to do with this thread, though BlackBerry 10 owners should know that these three factors enable use of Straight Talk prepaid on there BlackBerry Z10:

a) BlackBerry 10.1
    b) New 4G Straight Talk SIM
    c) APN: tfdata

Posted via CB10
    Tfdata is the new apn shipping with the new/current sim, my old one however was att.mvno. I just list both so depending on which sim somebody has they'll see which one they actually use.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 06:11 AM
    Tfdata is the new apn shipping with the new/current sim, my old one however was att.mvno. I just list both so depending on which sim somebody has they'll see which one they actually use.

Posted via CB10
    ^this is true.

11-05-13 06:38 AM
    Ok, good to know. Yesterday I finally got ST data on my Z10 - after trying TM's SIM.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 12:46 PM
    Good evening everybody,
    I have good news for every one with MMS problems:
    I have finally found a way to get my MMS to work on StraightTalk ATT SIM and I am certain this is the fix for many users on different network.

Option 1: Your settings for MMS are not blacked out and you can edit them:
    In this case all you have to do is add the port number after the proxy url.
    I will explain, every other phone has separate option for mmsc, proxy, port and credentials. BB10 is missing the port number field. As a half way network engineer I just added semi colon and port number in the proxy server and it worked.
    Example:
    My carrier tells me:
    MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: mms2.tracfone.com
    Port: 80
    So I did:

Attachment 189860

Similarly, get the settings for your provider AND ADD THE ":[PORT]" at the end of the proxy URL (this could be a IP address too).

Option 2:
    For those of you that have those settings blacked out I can say this:
    Mine were blacked out too, T-Mobile USA device unlocked with a code from T-Mobile and using with AT&T SIM. Today I installed the newest leak 10.2.0.1047 and the settings became available. So, install the leaked OS and adjust your settings as per option 1.

Posted via CB10
    How do you get to the MMS screen.
    I see advanced, but how do you get there. Is it on 10.2?
    Is it accessable on 10.1?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 12:51 PM
    Folks i just upgraded my unlocked Z10 (originally with AT&T) to official 10.2.0.1791 using Telus' sim card. I'm able to get voice sms and mms but no luck with data (most important). Use a Red Pocket sim card and was able to change APN fields prior in 10.1.xxx and had data for the past 5 months with no issues. But now after upgrade to 10.2.0.1791 i'm no longer able to save the update to the APN field in escreen Diagnostics > General Radio > APN. Once i type in 'att.mvno' into the field and go back and close out the Diagnostics escreen it wipes out the APN field and makes it blank/empty. No luck obviously trying to update APN field in Settings>Network connections >Mobile network>APN as it is greyed out and pre-filled with the word 'phone'. Anybody know what my options are to fix this? Thanks a bunch!
    11-05-13 01:09 PM
    Folks i just upgraded my unlocked Z10 (originally with AT&T) to official 10.2.0.1791 using Telus' sim card. I'm able to get voice sms and mms but no luck with data (most important). Use a Red Pocket sim card and was able to change APN fields prior in 10.1.xxx and had data for the past 5 months with no issues. But now after upgrade to 10.2.0.1791 i'm no longer able to save the update to the APN field in escreen Diagnostics > General Radio > APN. Once i type in 'att.mvno' into the field and go back and close out the Diagnostics escreen it wipes out the APN field and makes it blank/empty. No luck obviously trying to update APN field in Settings>Network connections >Mobile network>APN as it is greyed out and pre-filled with the word 'phone'. Anybody know what my options are to fix this? Thanks a bunch!
    I had a phenomenon happen when I first upgraded to 10.2.0.1047. When I initially installed, I restored using a backup I made in link, and I had the exact same problem you had. Nothing solved it, so I did a security wipe and this time did NOT restore with the back up and have not had a problem with apn since

Posted via CB10
    jrdba likes this.
    11-05-13 01:41 PM
    Same thing I had to do..
    And now I don't even bother with back up and restore not worth it for the number of leaks update I've been going through

Sent from my Z10
    11-05-13 01:46 PM
    Use escreens:// to change the APN name to whatever you want. Works on any 10.2 leaki've tried without issues. Not sure about 10.2 official OS.

11-05-13 02:10 PM
    How do you get to the MMS screen.
    I see advanced, but how do you get there. Is it on 10.2?
    Is it accessable on 10.1?

Posted via CB10
    HUB, Settings->Text->MMS->Advanced on any OS.

11-05-13 02:12 PM
    I had a phenomenon happen when I first upgraded to 10.2.0.1047. When I initially installed, I restored using a backup I made in link, and I had the exact same problem you had. Nothing solved it, so I did a security wipe and this time did NOT restore with the back up and have not had a problem with apn since

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for replying! So are you saying all i need to do is perform a security wipe with NO backup and i do NOT need to restore after the security wipe? Will i be able to edit and more importantly save the APN update in escreen:// Diagnostics page under General Radio? Thanks again Georgefly!
    11-05-13 02:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    I did the wipe, took 2 hours 15 mins but it WORKED!!! You sir are a lifesaver! Thanks a bunch George!!!!
    11-05-13 05:25 PM
    I did the wipe, took 2 hours 15 mins but it WORKED!!! You sir are a lifesaver! Thanks a bunch George!!!!
    Sorry I didn't reply earlier but glad to hear it! It must have to do with the link backup pushing old settings or something like that but anyways do you have mms?

Posted via CB10
    jrdba likes this.
    11-05-13 06:01 PM
123 1234 ...