1.> Does anyone know how to completely wipe an OS off of a BB 10 device- similar to that of BBSAK off of an OS 7.1 or lower device. I would like to install a BB 10 OS ONLY (without radio file). The problem is I used one of the Autoloaders to install on device with radio file- but seem unable to remove it
    2.> This may seem like a dumb question, but does anyone have or can direct me to where I can find radio file/software for BlackBerry Cafe Series device. Have a buddy who got hold of one, but no radio software that is currently out works on it. And we've tried autoloading almost all radio software for Z10/Z30 on it with no success. Also tried a few Q10 radio software, and that didn't work as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated- and bring an end to my almost obsessive search on Google for an answer ;p
    01-07-14 11:05 AM
    Let me get this clear, you want to load OS only? I could only think of one thing. I am giving you a batch file and one of the latest CFP. On the batch file you just edit with notepad+++ and load OS only. remove references to radio.

Split the OS with sachesi first, I guess you would know that already.

Thanks to my contacts and BlackBerry Indonesia
    Give it a swirl and let us know. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0n%20batch.rar
    or mega

Rename your radio to radio.signed and os to os.signed instead of the long name.
    run the batch file.
    Last edited by zocster; 01-07-14 at 01:48 PM.
    Sator, mp3hitz and clie610 like this.
    01-07-14 11:45 AM
    My God....thank you for this. I'm downloading and trying as we speak- and will let you know how it goes.

Yeah, I'm trying to load the OS only- but everytime I do, I'm getting 'bb10-0004' error, which pretty much translates to "bad radio files/software'. I was able to use Darcy's BlackBerry Tool to separate the Blackberry 10.2 OS from the radio file, recreate the autoloader, and install the OS without the radio- but still kept on getting that pesky bb10-0004 error. And then it would automatically reboot in an endless loop. Hopefully this helps- and thanks again.
    01-07-14 12:34 PM
    Pretty darn sure you need radio for next screen though
    01-07-14 12:41 PM
    Yep.. you're right. Now the error code is "bb10-0005: missing or invalid radio software". At least I know the software you gave me successfully wipes device clean.
    But I guess there's no way to install just the core OS without the radio file, huh?
    01-07-14 01:19 PM
    This eliminates the need for security wipe though

Sent from whatever device I got my hands on via Tapatalk
    01-07-14 01:33 PM
    At the risk of sounding stupid, I have one more question- is it possible to open up the device and see what type of radio software it uses via radio hardware. I'm at the point where I'm willing to try anything. BTW- the reason why I'm asking is because I managed to get one of the BlackBerry Cafe series but there was no OS on it. I was hoping that I could install just the Z30 OS on it without the radio file- unfortunately that isn't working.

If there's nothing else, then I guess best bet would be to wait 6 months from now and try again- hoping that something has been developed by then.
    01-07-14 01:58 PM
    Link doesn't recognise your device?

01-07-14 02:19 PM
    Unfortunately no. Which kinda makes sense since the model was never officially released. The funny thing is that with the Autoloaders, it will detect the device and then load the OS no problem- and this is when the device is always rebooting by itself. But with BlackBerry Link, I think its that because the device keeps rebooting ad infinitum, I guess its not on long enough for Link to pick up. I always get the message "Device not connected" or "Device not Found".
    01-07-14 03:14 PM
    Does it let you use link on the other error?

01-07-14 03:41 PM
    At the risk of sounding stupid, I have one more question- is it possible to open up the device and see what type of radio software it uses via radio hardware. I'm at the point where I'm willing to try anything. BTW- the reason why I'm asking is because I managed to get one of the BlackBerry Cafe series but there was no OS on it. I was hoping that I could install just the Z30 OS on it without the radio file- unfortunately that isn't working.

If there's nothing else, then I guess best bet would be to wait 6 months from now and try again- hoping that something has been developed by then.
    What happens if you just go to the BlackBerry website (Download BlackBerry Smartphone Software & BlackBerry PlayBook Software - Canada) and connect your device via a USB cable and let the website try and update it?
    01-07-14 03:47 PM
    It seems as though Link recognizes the device better when there is no OS on it, instead of there being on, and it constantly rebooting. In Link, I tried Reload software on device, but when checking internet for updates, got following prompt "Software Update Encountered an Error: Updates not available. Please check internet connection and retry". And I made sure I had an Internet connection before the first attempt, and many times thereafter.
    But whether I install the OS with/without the radio- still no luck.
    01-07-14 04:13 PM
    I will give it a try. If I don't reply by today, I will certainly respond by tomorrow.
    01-07-14 04:15 PM
    What happens if you just go to the BlackBerry website (Download BlackBerry Smartphone Software & BlackBerry PlayBook Software - Canada) and connect your device via a USB cable and let the website try and update it?
    I will give it a try. If I don't reply by today, I will certainly respond by tomorrow.
    01-07-14 04:15 PM
    Sigh....its a no-go. I tried to use BlackBerry Desktop software, and that failed. Also tried to install PlayBook OS on it via Autoloader, and that failed too. And in order to update from the website, a PIN is required. There is no PIN showing that would allow me to select, in order for me to update. I tried when both the device was wiped clean, AND, when I installed the OS on the device but got the radio/software error.
    01-08-14 12:49 PM
    What device actually you are using now?

Edited: oh sorry, you are using bb cafe..

Edited (again): If this device kind of identical with Q5, I saw from this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-files-869319/ the radio that might be work was from 10.2.0.1767 or 10.2.0.1792
    Last edited by clie610; 01-09-14 at 11:37 AM.
    zocster likes this.
    01-09-14 11:25 AM
    What device actually you are using now?

Edited: oh sorry, you are using bb cafe..

Edited (again): If this device kind of identical with Q5, I saw from this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-files-869319/ the radio that might be work was from 10.2.0.1767 or 10.2.0.1792
    Mastah in the house. Thanks mastah
    01-09-14 01:08 PM
    I'm aware SDK versions don't have some applications but do they all have a radio (I vaguely recall some didn't)?
    01-09-14 06:51 PM
    2.> This may seem like a dumb question, but does anyone have or can direct me to where I can find radio file/software for BlackBerry Cafe Series device. Have a buddy who got hold of one, but no radio software that is currently out works on it. And we've tried autoloading almost all radio software for Z10/Z30 on it with no success. Also tried a few Q10 radio software, and that didn't work as well.
    Cafe? Maybe this would work.

Install a 10.2.0.18something OS signed with the previously posted batch script, but use this radio file:

http://l.bitcasa.com/LfDWVCq3

qcfm.image.com.qnx.qcfm.radio.qc8930.wtr5.BB10_2_0 X.1810.632231.signed

Posted via CB10
    clie610, Sator and zocster like this.
    01-10-14 12:18 AM