[INFO]First, on your BB7 device, you can either go to setup > Device switch or use the search function and type "Device Switch". Then click Setup > Device Switch > Using a Media Card > Save Data. Make sure you uncheck the “Save emails” checkbox unless you want to restore the earlier emails. Click continue. You will then see a screen that asks you to create a password for your backup file. Once the password is created the backup will start automatically. Once your content is saved to a backup file you can remove the SD card and insert it in your BB10 device. You should see a screen like the one shown below.

Here you will type in your backup file password and the items will automatically begin to to transfer on to your BB10 device. You will then see a screen stating the transfer has been completed.[/INFO]

Part of this information was obtained from the Help Blog on the BlackBerry.com site.
    Last edited by middbrew; 07-20-13 at 01:35 PM.
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-18-13 01:25 PM
    First, on your BB7 device, you can either go to setup > Device switch or use the search function http://ca.blackberry.com/content/dam...n_search_t.gif and type "Device Switch". Then click Setup > Device Switch > Using a Media Card > Save Data. Make sure you uncheck the “Save emails” checkbox unless you want to restore the earlier emails. Click continue. You will then see a screen that asks you to create a password for your backup file. Once the password is created the backup will start automatically. Once your content is saved to a backup file you can remove the SD card and insert it in your BB10 device. You should see a screen like the one shown below.

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/t...pseac571da.jpg

Here you will type in your backup file password and the items will automatically begin to to transfer on to your BB10 device. You will then see a screen stating the transfer has been completed.
    Thanks for the tip, and this should help with some of those questions folks have.
    05-25-13 09:56 AM
    Lost BB7 device is there a way to use a previous backup to get my contacts to my Z10?
    08-16-13 11:43 PM
    Yes - answer to this question please? Bricked 9850 being replaced by VZW with a Z10 because no 9850's kept in stock any more. Have a DM backup file but will this transfer to BB10 device?
    10-27-13 03:38 PM
    what about coming from BB6 legacy device (Bold 9780) to Z30? and since memos wont transtfer, and I have extensive info in memos,which I NEED) :which method is best to use to I transfer ALL my data and especially to save and transfer to my new Z30 my memos from y legacy Bold 9780 (which uses BB6) I searched but could not find this specific device switch and data transfer help when coming from BB6 Bold 9780 to BB10 Z30. Havent been able to use my new Z30 yet cuz wanting to tsf data first. any help much appreciated
    05-10-14 07:01 PM