Lots of people complaining there isn't much of a choice for ring tones. FYI, make them using voice notes using a piano or other instruments for a simple chim of sorts. Then go into your notifications, select a profile, choose browse music, at the bottom left of the screen tap "Sd card", choose "Device " scroll down to voice and select your recording. It beats paying for them. Also if you have your old device, you can use it to play one of your old favorites and record it! Hope this is useful

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 09:45 PM
    That's right .

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 02:17 PM
    Lots of people complaining there isn't much of a choice for ring tones. FYI, make them using voice notes using a piano or other instruments for a simple chim of sorts. Then go into your notifications, select a profile, choose browse music, at the bottom left of the screen tap "Sd card", choose "Device " scroll down to voice and select your recording. It beats paying for them. Also if you have your old device, you can use it to play one of your old favorites and record it! Hope this is useful

Posted via CB10
    this isn't working for me... i record the voice note through the siri like function, it tells me it will be saved in the remember app, although i have no idea how to play back what i recorded...i check the remember app, and i see the note, so i go into the notifications, browse the music, select device, scroll down to voice, and it's empty...even going back to the remember app and selecting it i still don't have an option to hear what i recorded, i even tried speaking when it says record but i don't have an option to play back.

EDIT- Nevermind,.. i figured out what i was doing wrong. the only drawback now is there doesn't seem to be a way to rename the recorded file so you know which one you're selecting when you assign it to a notification...oh well, better than nothing i guess. thanks for the tip.
    Last edited by omega supreme; 03-27-13 at 05:53 AM.
    edthebudman likes this.
    03-27-13 05:31 AM
    I make them in garage band on my Macs. trim to a 15-20 clip, fade both ends. Export to mp3. Then I either hook for phone to my laptop or use Dropbox. Make sure you make a ring tones folder on your sdcard.
    03-30-13 10:21 AM
    well, most of my ringtones and tones are wav and m4a files and the z10 doesn't seem to support it...it lets me select them in the corresponding menu : text,bbm,email, etc. but it resorts to playing one of the stock tones...i can go into the ringtone folder and actually play the tones so i'm confused as to why the phone won't actually play them when it's time.
    04-08-13 03:57 AM
    same thing happens here on mine. when i select the tone, it plays...but when its time for that tone to activate (be it through a call, text, mail etc), no sound plays.

where in the world can i find THROUGH link the actual folder in the OS where the ringtones sit? i cant seem to find it, so im assuming its hidden. once i unhide the files, can someone let me know what path i take to find the right folder?
    04-14-13 09:52 AM
    This a dumb option. Is this one game changing OS 10 feature we were expecting for crying out load.
    05-05-13 06:42 PM
    I just use songs from my music files that have a suitable start, like Guns And Roses..sweet child of mine, my wife uses Strawberry letter 23 and Scatman...and we change them whenever they get boring.

Z30 144GB
    05-30-14 08:58 PM
    Install zedge with Snap... all ringtones you'll ever need...

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175
    mnc76 and omega supreme like this.
    06-01-14 05:18 AM