hold your finger on an icon you would like to delete or move.

when pulsing you can delete or move your icons.

some icons cannot be deleted.

drag an icon over another icon to make folders.

upto 16 apps/games can be in one folder

drag icon all the way right or left to move to new window pane

you can have less than 16 apps per pane as well just move them to another or make folders

thanks for watching

niss63, Wbrian and Sukiyaki like this.
    02-23-13 02:15 PM
    can you move more than one at a time ?
    05-26-13 05:20 PM
    no u cannot.
    05-26-13 07:58 PM
    I can only get 12 icons per folder on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 08:23 AM
    I can only get 12 icons per folder on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    yup smaller screen
    07-17-13 07:58 PM
    Is there any way around the 16 limit?

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 09:58 AM
    Is there any way around the 16 limit?

Posted via CB10
    no there is not
    07-22-13 01:47 AM
    I just deleted my text message icon. Is there a way to recover it?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 10:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Nope not normally. Its just a shortcut so...

Posted from Z10@10.2.1.1259#ATT via CB10
    12-21-13 10:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Accidentally did this on my fiancee's phone after I updated her OS to 10.2 (actually, I knew exactly what I was doing, just didn't realize she'd still want it...)

As far as I can tell, as the other poster said, it's a shortcut so it's not likely that you could replace it once removed. Perhaps in the future BlackBerry will implement the ability to create homescreen shortcuts of any device feature (you can sort of do this already with the "Search" menu).

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 10:58 PM
    Isn't there an app that can create shortcuts? Someone more knowledgeable would be able to tell you if this would solve your issue.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 09:31 PM
    Why not just try side loading the bar files it might bring back the icon.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 08:23 PM
    Any ideas of how to get my home screen shortcuts to work? The phone, search and camera shortcuts are showing on the screen but nothing happens when I try to use them.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 08:34 PM
    Do you have parental controls enabled? I remember that caused them to stop working for some people

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 08:47 PM
    I wish there were a setting that would allow all apps to be automatically alphabetized rather than having to drag-and-drop individually. iOS 7 has this feature, called "Reset Home Screen". I find it very useful, especially as I install more and more apps as time goes on. Just my $.02 worth.
    Ewai21 likes this.
    02-06-14 09:40 AM
    Anyone know of an app that can edit your shortcut icons? I see plenty of apps that allow you to create a custom shortcut, but I can't seem to find a way to edit the shortcut icon after its been created. I created a web shortcut to a news site, but the icon it created looks like a miniature version of the site instead of a nice, neat icon. I want to change the graphic in the shortcut.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 06:09 AM
    Anyone know of an app that can edit your shortcut icons? I see plenty of apps that allow you to create a custom shortcut, but I can't seem to find a way to edit the shortcut icon after its been created. I created a web shortcut to a news site, but the icon it created looks like a miniature version of the site instead of a nice, neat icon. I want to change the graphic in the shortcut.

Posted via CB10
    I believe DocuShortcut let's do that
    02-16-14 01:37 AM
    thank you!
    03-06-14 03:29 PM
    I can't believe I never noticed this before but I have 5 pages of icons and for the first time today instead of swiping from page 1 to page 4, I tapped the 4th squircle -ish dot and it jumped straight to page 4. I think I never realized this before because I was on the Z10 but now on the easier to see Z30 they are larger. The first one also happens to be an envelope icon which brings you straight back to the HUB. As a matter of fact you can "long press" the row of dots and slide your finger from left to right to pick the page as they will appear even larger. I was hesitant to use more than 5 pages due to all the swiping but now it will be much faster to move from page to page and keep a nice and tidy first page so that I can see my wallpaper photo
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    03-21-14 01:49 PM
    I can't believe I never noticed this before but I have 5 pages of icons and for the first time today instead of swiping from page 1 to page 4, I tapped the 4th squircle -ish dot and it jumped straight to page 4. I think I never realized this before because I was on the Z10 but now on the easier to see Z30 they are larger. The first one also happens to be an envelope icon which brings you straight back to the HUB. As a matter of fact you can "long press" the row of dots and slide your finger from left to right to pick the page as they will appear even larger. I was hesitant to use more than 5 pages due to all the swiping but now it will be much faster to move from page to page and keep a nice and tidy first page so that I can see my wallpaper photo
    i have a video for that as well, lol
    03-30-14 11:11 PM