04-15-16 03:43 AM
108 1234 ...
tools
    Kris, you should get a medal.. I think you've helped someone on pretty much every single thread I've read in the past two weeks!

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 02:28 PM
    Great post as always @Kris Simundson
    as the others say bump and sticky
    04-26-13 02:37 PM
    Bump

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 04:56 PM
    Any mod to sticky? Maybe?
    04-26-13 06:51 PM
    Thanks for doing this Kris. This is very helpful and I definitely thinks it warrants a sticky.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 07:34 PM
    Thanks for doing this Kris. This is very helpful and I definitely thinks it warrants a sticky.

Posted via CB10
    Lol your auto correct changed my name to Kristen ahah mine did that to me for a while as well
    04-26-13 07:37 PM
    As well the Q10 also uses the 2600MHz LTE band which the Z10 does not.
    STL100-2 Z10 uses the 2600Mhz LTE frequency.

Also, an FYI from the Community Rules & Guidelines...

Bumping - Bumping a thread means to post an innocuous reply to a thread in order to "bump" it to the top of a forum. Excessive bumping is prohibited, and is limited to once per 24 hour period.
    04-26-13 07:50 PM
    STL100-2 Z10 uses the 2600Mhz LTE frequency.

Also, an FYI from the Community Rules & Guidelines...

Bumping - Bumping a thread means to post an innocuous reply to a thread in order to "bump" it to the top of a forum. Excessive bumping is prohibited, and is limited to once per 24 hour period.
    Maybe they'll get the idea and sticky it than lol and i'll check into that radio band I'm probably wrong like I said I did this on a headache which was dumb already messed up a few things

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 07:57 PM
    Maybe they'll get the idea and sticky it than then lol
    They already have
    04-26-13 08:01 PM
    They already have
    Lol didn't notice since I just usually go to participated

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 08:10 PM
    can you explain this for me, -

Inside a native application, hold and drag the left menu button to the right to return to the home panel. (Inside the app)
    04-27-13 08:29 AM
    Yeah, auto correct got me but I did log in to the web interface and fixed it.

Can you add a note to the email FAQ about the ActiveSync remote server search having a known bug for some users where the search is limited to 60 days? This is an issue for 10.0 and 10.1.
    Also the search is across the entire mailbox, regardless of which folder you are in, and an enhancement request has been submitted to provide more control (I don't know if you want to list the numbers for them or not).

I don't know if you consider it a FAQ, but a few people have asked why sorting contacts by the last name still shows them as "Firstname Lastname" versus "Lastname, Firstname". This isn't a bug according to BlackBerry but an enhancement request has been files to bring this feature in older BBs to OS 10 devices.

Congratulations on the sticky.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 09:24 AM
    Perhaps you can make the questions bold for easier reading?
    04-27-13 09:34 AM
    can you explain this for me, -

Inside a native application, hold and drag the left menu button to the right to return to the home panel. (Inside the app)
    Example inside CB app you have the left menu button to "Go back" or open the page chooser, click and hold it than drag back to go right to the main page.

Yeah, auto correct got me but I did log in to the web interface and fixed it.

Can you add a note to the email FAQ about the ActiveSync remote server search having a known bug for some users where the search is limited to 60 days? This is an issue for 10.0 and 10.1.
    Also the search is across the entire mailbox, regardless of which folder you are in, and an enhancement request has been submitted to provide more control (I don't know if you want to list the numbers for them or not).

I don't know if you consider it a FAQ, but a few people have asked why sorting contacts by the last name still shows them as "Firstname Lastname" versus "Lastname, Firstname". This isn't a bug according to BlackBerry but an enhancement request has been files to bring this feature in older BBs to OS 10 devices.

Congratulations on the sticky.

Posted via CB10
    Will do and thanks

Perhaps you can make the questions bold for easier reading?
    Highlighted em thanks for the suggestion
    SteelGreek likes this.
    04-27-13 11:59 AM
    Thanks Kris for putting this together.
    04-27-13 05:45 PM
    Updated now a question is would people be interested in seeing this as an application? So they don't need to come into CB?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 06:06 PM
    Hi, thanks for this FAQs. Need some help though, i was trying to reload the OS using BB link but the reload button just wouldn't respond. I did try the link you posted above and it went to the page that says upgrade your device software and when I clicked it, it said no update available for the device.
    I did install the leaked OS and i am trying to reload the original OS.
    Is there other way to do it?
    Thank you very much.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 03:00 PM
    Hi, thanks for this FAQs. Need some help though, i was trying to reload the OS using BB link but the reload button just wouldn't respond. I did try the link you posted above and it went to the page that says upgrade your device software and when I clicked it, it said no update available for the device.
    I did install the leaked OS and i am trying to reload the original OS.
    Is there other way to do it?
    Thank you very much.

Posted via CB10
    There is a way going around that I have not tested myself but apparently works

1. Run a leaked autoloader
    2. During 'write' process unplug device
    3. Device led should flash red 3 times to signify bricked
    4. Hook back up to computer and start the link/website process

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 03:43 PM
    Apparently I've lost permission to edit my own posts so any who main post edited to reflect new method of downgrading

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 03:46 PM
    There is a way going around that I have not tested myself but apparently works

1. Run a leaked autoloader
    2. During 'write' process unplug device
    3. Device led should flash red 3 times to signify bricked
    4. Hook back up to computer and start the link/website process

Posted via CB10
    Thanks a lot. I am just not that brave to try it this way as I don't want to end having an unusable phone. I'd just probably keep this leaked 10.1 on until the official update comes.

Thanks for the help.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 06:06 PM
    Question: sorry for not understanding, but do yahoo imap emails get the unlimited time period benefit from 10.1 or not?
    Is the unlimited option available only for EAS?

Thanks in advance
    04-29-13 02:29 PM
    Question: sorry for not understanding, but do yahoo imap emails get the unlimited time period benefit from 10.1 or not?
    Is the unlimited option available only for EAS?

Thanks in advance
    As far as I know and from reading the posts around the forum is that any IMAP account is currently limited to the 30 day limit
    akavbb likes this.
    04-29-13 04:57 PM
    As far as I know and from reading the posts around the forum is that any IMAP account is currently limited to the 30 day limit
    Thanks Kris

Posted via my beloved Zeeeeeeee
    04-30-13 03:06 AM
    Hi There,
    Newbie to the forum. I have a quick question. i just upgraded from a Bold 9900 to a Q10. I love it. Small issue though. I previously had the PRO version of Photo Studio (received it free when Blackberry App World was down for like a month about a year and a half ago).
    Now when i try to download it again through the app world, it says that I will have to pay the $3.99 or whatever it is to get it again. My App world is not remembering that I already had the PRO version. Am I missing something? Would you know if because of moving to the 10 platform, we are not allowed to bring the app's with us?

Thank you for any help you could give me.
    05-03-13 01:15 PM
    Hi There,
    Newbie to the forum. I have a quick question. i just upgraded from a Bold 9900 to a Q10. I love it. Small issue though. I previously had the PRO version of Photo Studio (received it free when Blackberry App World was down for like a month about a year and a half ago).
    Now when i try to download it again through the app world, it says that I will have to pay the $3.99 or whatever it is to get it again. My App world is not remembering that I already had the PRO version. Am I missing something? Would you know if because of moving to the 10 platform, we are not allowed to bring the app's with us?

Thank you for any help you could give me.
    Welcome to the CB forums,

As far as I know any application that was either on previous legacy OS's or PBOS should be all under My World 'Available'. If it isn't then it's quite possible the developer released that application as a new app in the App World just for BB10, therefore effectively being able to charge again for it. If this is a issue, I would suggest contacting the developer themselves and see if they can do anything for you. Since the App World in 10.1 accepts promotion codes, they should be able to provide you with one to get their application for free again if they so fit.

Hope this helps.
    05-03-13 06:07 PM
108 1234 ...