08-12-17 09:37 AM
392 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I want auto brighness for my display.

Posted via my beloved Z10
    01-01-14 10:23 AM
    I want auto brighness for my display.

We already have auto brightness, the setting for display brightness is to control the maximum brightness you want to get.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 10:58 AM
    "Now that BB10.2 is officially out, what can we expect from 10.3? Better yet, what do we want to see in 10.3?"

Because I live in the U.S., that question is irrelevant. I will not live long enough to see BB 10.3.
    m1kr0 and Ragbert like this.
    01-01-14 11:00 AM
    "Now that BB10.2 is officially out, what can we expect from 10.3? Better yet, what do we want to see in 10.3?"

Because I live in the U.S., that question is irrelevant. I will not live long enough to see BB 10.3.
    LMAO! I feel your pain although I'm not living in the States. Some other carriers are also slow. That's why I don't rely on carriers, I always run the latest stable leak available.

Its been easy for competitors to promote negative stories about BlackBerry, focusing on the business of the past. But Im not focused on who BlackBerry used to be Im focused on what BlackBerry will be today and in the future. John Chen, December 2013
    01-01-14 11:16 AM
    We already have auto brightness, the setting for display brightness is to control the maximum brightness you want to get.

Posted via CB10
    I already set my brighness to 20%. But when i go out in a daylight, my display looks dim. (sorry about my language).

01-01-14 11:17 AM
    I would like to see auto brightness control.....and better contact management and backup options in it...power saving mode will be good

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 05:22 PM
    Support for OpenVPN.
    02-10-14 05:23 PM
    Not sure if this is in 10.2 or 10.2.1 but I would like to be able to copy and paste text out of more apps. Like in Facebook, if I have a word I need translated I can't grab it currently.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 05:56 PM
    Better voice recognition. That's something android and ios lead on in comparison to BlackBerry 10 and will probably have to come with a new phone so z50.
    And dark theme for the hub.
    Posted via CB10
    theonecid likes this.
    02-10-14 07:15 PM
    BB10.3 - What would you like to see?-bb10-option-feature-adding..jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 08:06 PM
    Better voice recognition. That's something android and ios lead on in comparison to BlackBerry 10 and will probably have to come with a new phone so z50.
    And dark theme for the hub.
    Posted via CB10
    Couldn't have said it any better. Our voice control is so bad, it doesn't understand anything I tell it whereas Siri is so spot on with everything and much faster. It needs a complete redesign.
    02-10-14 09:07 PM
    What I am missing especially compared to android:
    -open address from an appointment in maps application of choice
    -system wide equalizer
    -turn off WiFi via third party
    -turn off / on device password with third party (eg depending on location)
    -Integration of Google services so we can truly run all android apps
    -auto upload photos with Dropbox
    -online backup whole device (including android app) or at least to SD card like with titanium backup on android. Hate that I still have to connect to computer and cannot schedule simple full backup

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 01:08 AM
    Smart dialling.. Let's solve the most simple issue first

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 04:01 AM
    More enhancement in systems setting.....more hub features.....better message and contact management

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 12:12 PM
    Attachment 251563

Attachment 251621

Attachment 251564
    Attached Thumbnails BB10.3 - What would you like to see?-bb10-hub-dark-theme.jpeg  
    Last edited by Ginowine; 02-28-14 at 01:24 PM.
    02-28-14 08:49 AM
    Oh and has been mentioned many times over the year, a swipe to lock the screen. I think a loop from the bottom of the screen would be ideal.
    Oh yes please! Just: bottom_bezel -- a third of the way (or more) up -- all_the_way_back_down, should suffice, I believe, but should that prove too prone to enable unintentional locks, maybe restrict it to action_frame/icon_grid views.

Also, a less "pocket dialling"-sensitive alternative to the wake-up swipe; I'm thinking simply: Up from the bottom bezel distinctly two times, without any fussing in between (EDIT: ...no "smearing at the ends", or touching-on-the-way-down). Anything that spares me reaching for the power button all the way up there. :P

Further, I'd like the numeric pane of the regular keyboard to use a keypad layout, like it does in TabletOS, for ergonomic reasons. (EDIT: ...and for the alpha part to be in lower case when the shift key is up!)

Actually, For one-hand operation, I'd like a radial "keyboard", that:
    • Follows the path of a swivelling thumb (right and left handed options, possibly auto-detected by sensing the touch of your carpus at the edge of the bottom bezel), and has concentric rows for quick navigation/structuring. (EDIT: ...also adapts to the derived length of your thumb)
    • Lets you swipe over this keyboard, printing a preview of the character/word_suggestion that you are "hovering" over, right where it is to be inserted in the text, and inserts on release. Retract thumb to cancel. This sort of thing appears to allow for a great combination of density and precision, as evidenced by the alphabet column in the address book.
    • Pops up as used: Carpus down = Pop up one ring with e.g. three sectors -- Middle one pops up the keyboard -- Top one acts contextually with swipes, as arrow keys or touchpad -- Bottom one gives you contextual special options, such as: "Confirm", "Cancel", "Next", etc, according to a consistent scheme.

(Last EDIT, hopefully: I'm thinking this would be "muscle memory friendly" and allow you a near "touch" type experience, without ever tempting you to look away from the text you are editing, to glean at the keyboard, especially if the inline preview also overlays neighbouring selection options.)
    Last edited by jojon2se; 02-28-14 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Edited out some unnecessary workarounds for a problem that didn't really exist . :P
    02-28-14 02:33 PM
    BB10.3 - What would you like to see?-bb10-push-notification-option-feature-add-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 03:08 PM
    Dear Develop Black Berry.
    I do not know exactly when you release OS 10.3. I know there are a lot of improvements and features .
    But need more than that Black Berry 10 OS is missing :
    - Screen lock key instead of the power button
    - Show subtitles when watching video ( srt, ***..)
    - Improved battery status

Please listen to my opinion.

Regards
    domanh80

Ex:
    05-05-14 02:08 AM
    I do not know exactly when you release OS 10.3. I know there are a lot of improvements and features .

Regards
    domanh80

Ex: http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/...pse5c72dc7.jpg
    ????????????????

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3139
    05-05-14 02:23 AM

Regards
    domanh80

Ex: http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/...pse5c72dc7.jpg
    No need to start another thread, there is a perfectly good one here.
    05-05-14 02:39 AM
    Here's my list of my personal observations, suggestions and feature requests:

• General UI & Hub

1. Swiping across bezels to switch between open apps. And pinch in diagonally from top right and bottom left to close app / or better be Gesture Control Center (check this)
    2. Squircle while loading
    3. Inverted colors option to turn the whole UI of the phone from white to dark and vise versa, call it BlackBerry mode
    4. The old call screen was more unique
    5. More options to facilitate icons sorting, e.g. multi selection of apps to move them together into another page or folder or arrange icons by date installed, name etc
    6. Ability to move a Hub entry to active frame for easier multitasking? e.g. if I have an email open, and I want to open another one but I don't want to search for the email I had open in the first place. So I can send the first email to active frame and open the second.
    7. Would be great if during the initial setup, the user is asked if he right or left handed, to have the position of Hub and scrolling at their ease. e.g. for a left hand user, the position of Hub I think would be more convenient on the right side
    8. Mark as spam option in the email
    9. Control the transparency level of the background of toast notifications, and chose their visual effects
    10. Option to let specific contact phone call / SMS to override the bedside mode
    11. Ability to have a nice summary of the day in the bedside mode screen. e.g. meetings and weather
    12. More color tags in Calendar and Hub
    13. Prompt what to do when there's no more room for another app to be opened. i.e. if I have 8 apps already in active frames and I want to open another app, I want to be prompted to close which of those 8 apps
    14. Customizable UI - give opportunity to graphic designers and artists to create installable theme packs that will change the look and fonts of menus, Hub, pop-up menus, background, ringtones perhaps etc.. It should be done through an official BlackBerry new dedicated community, it could generate source of revenue too.
    15. "Select All" option in specific Hub account for further action
    16. Have all the document work done through Docs to go without minimizing it to open the document editor
    17. 2 fingers swipe from bottom to bring the keyboard with either a text editor or with Remember app, it has to be configured this way.

• System

1. Hibernate mode - could be useful when phone switches off due to empty battery. It's sad if you're writing email or having a good progress in a game and phone just shuts down and you lose all your progress.
    2. Built in system data, SMS, calling monitoring to check, warn, and even stop if configured in this way.
    3. Configurable LED colors
    4. Better Wi-Fi connectivity. It often disconnects, or says limited, or gets disabled!
    5. Ability to remove certain words from what the keyboard has learned. Not all at once.
    6. Redesign the Arabic keyboard layout as the letters are too close to each other
    7. Ability to clear cache or native and Android apps/reset the app
    8. Network data toggle in the quick settings
    9. Sound an alert when battery completes charging
    10. Power button as the only option to power on the phone, not by reinserting the battery for example.
    11. Built in call recorder where applies that doesn't require the speaker to be open
    12. Option to vibrate when call is connected/ended

• Browser

1. Reader mode in browser is an awesome feature! would be nice if to be able to choose a certain part of the page to have in reader mode. e.g. I opened a topic in CB through the browser, and the first reply to the main topic is quite long, so I want to choose only this part in reader mode as when you crop an image like.

• BlackBerry World

1. My purchase apps tab in BlackBerry World apps
    2. Discounted apps of the day, or gone-free apps of the day within BlackBerry World

• Contacts

1. Simplify the contacts app, or address it's issues seriously.
    2. Add GPS coordinates/automatically detect address option in contacts
    3. Ability to choose default / primary number for a contact with multiple numbers
    4. Direct access to "Local Contacts" account, with ability to back it up to .csv and import it back and/or a contacts database that remembers the linked contacts.
    5. High resolution contact pictures in contacts app and in BBM

• BlackBerry Maps

1. Get rid of BlackBerry Maps and acquire TomTom or seriously improve it, navigation in 3D mode is a must.

• BBM

1. A modern and cool, eye-candy look and feel of UI of BBM
    2. Linking the BBID with phone numbers to find friends easier, and don't start a war here please, you could read this first then we could talk: http://us.blackberry.com/
    3. Ability to exchange videos and music files in BBM groups
    4. Remove file size limitations in BBM
    5. "Show what I'm listening to feature" should be limited to music, not voice messages in WhatsApp! Yes, try it out! Play a voice message your friend has sent you on WhatsApp and check your feeds on your friend's BBM, you will see that you was listening to this voice message.
    6. Multiple selection and sending of pictures through BBM
    7. Hashtag and mentioning in BBM groups and channels. Right now clicking on a hashtag or a mention within BBM redirects you to twitter?!
    8. Get notified when a specific BBM contact is available for Call/Video Call (grey icon turning into green invokes an alert) as in Lotus Sametime (Alert me when available option)

• Android

1. Android soft buttons(2 at least) instead of back only button
    2. Google Play Services to literally have 2 in 1 device. And have in the settings this option to be disabled (removal of all Android runtime for users who want 100% native experience).
    3. Try to find a way to let us deny Android apps specific permissions they require.

• Backup

1. BlackBerry users simple cloud for the purposes of hosting contacts, sync calendar, backup app data. I think 2 gigs should be enough, and extra for money, no problem. (old BlackBerry protect!?)
    2. Ability to backup and restore individual apps

• General

1. Custom snooze time of our choice
    2. The ability to choose the function of the middle key between volume rockers, not all users use voice control.

• Music

1. Equalizer, lyric viewer, ID3 edit from within the music player app
    2. Have the music app to look into certain folders for music. Not all the device!

• Camera

1. More photographer tools: iso, shutter speed, exposure, light balance etc
    2. Video size is too big even with @720p.. There has to be a way for smaller size for easier sharing
    3. Pause and resume while video recording
    05-05-14 02:54 AM
    Here's my list of my personal observations, suggestions and feature requests:

• General UI & Hub

1. Swiping across bezels to switch between open apps. And pinch in diagonally from top right and bottom left to close app / or better be Gesture Control Center (check this)
    2. Squircle while loading
    3. Inverted colors option to turn the whole UI of the phone from white to dark and vise versa, call it BlackBerry mode
    4. The old call screen was more unique
    5. More options to facilitate icons sorting, e.g. multi selection of apps to move them together into another page or folder or arrange icons by date installed, name etc
    6. Ability to move a Hub entry to active frame for easier multitasking? e.g. if I have an email open, and I want to open another one but I don't want to search for the email I had open in the first place. So I can send the first email to active frame and open the second.
    7. Would be great if during the initial setup, the user is asked if he right or left handed, to have the position of Hub and scrolling at their ease. e.g. for a left hand user, the position of Hub I think would be more convenient on the right side
    8. Mark as spam option in the email
    9. Control the transparency level of the background of toast notifications, and chose their visual effects
    10. Option to let specific contact phone call / SMS to override the bedside mode
    11. Ability to have a nice summary of the day in the bedside mode screen. e.g. meetings and weather
    12. More color tags in Calendar and Hub
    13. Prompt what to do when there's no more room for another app to be opened. i.e. if I have 8 apps already in active frames and I want to open another app, I want to be prompted to close which of those 8 apps
    14. Customizable UI - give opportunity to graphic designers and artists to create installable theme packs that will change the look and fonts of menus, Hub, pop-up menus, background, ringtones perhaps etc.. It should be done through an official BlackBerry new dedicated community, it could generate source of revenue too.
    15. "Select All" option in specific Hub account for further action
    16. Have all the document work done through Docs to go without minimizing it to open the document editor
    17. 2 fingers swipe from bottom to bring the keyboard with either a text editor or with Remember app, it has to be configured this way.

• System

1. Hibernate mode - could be useful when phone switches off due to empty battery. It's sad if you're writing email or having a good progress in a game and phone just shuts down and you lose all your progress.
    2. Built in system data, SMS, calling monitoring to check, warn, and even stop if configured in this way.
    3. Configurable LED colors
    4. Better Wi-Fi connectivity. It often disconnects, or says limited, or gets disabled!
    5. Ability to remove certain words from what the keyboard has learned. Not all at once.
    6. Redesign the Arabic keyboard layout as the letters are too close to each other
    7. Ability to clear cache or native and Android apps/reset the app
    8. Network data toggle in the quick settings
    9. Sound an alert when battery completes charging
    10. Power button as the only option to power on the phone, not by reinserting the battery for example.
    11. Built in call recorder where applies that doesn't require the speaker to be open
    12. Option to vibrate when call is connected/ended

• Browser

1. Reader mode in browser is an awesome feature! would be nice if to be able to choose a certain part of the page to have in reader mode. e.g. I opened a topic in CB through the browser, and the first reply to the main topic is quite long, so I want to choose only this part in reader mode as when you crop an image like.

• BlackBerry World

1. My purchase apps tab in BlackBerry World apps
    2. Discounted apps of the day, or gone-free apps of the day within BlackBerry World

• Contacts

1. Simplify the contacts app, or address it's issues seriously.
    2. Add GPS coordinates/automatically detect address option in contacts
    3. Ability to choose default / primary number for a contact with multiple numbers
    4. Direct access to "Local Contacts" account, with ability to back it up to .csv and import it back and/or a contacts database that remembers the linked contacts.
    5. High resolution contact pictures in contacts app and in BBM

• BlackBerry Maps

1. Get rid of BlackBerry Maps and acquire TomTom or seriously improve it, navigation in 3D mode is a must.

• BBM

1. A modern and cool, eye-candy look and feel of UI of BBM
    2. Linking the BBID with phone numbers to find friends easier, and don't start a war here please, you could read this first then we could talk: http://us.blackberry.com/
    3. Ability to exchange videos and music files in BBM groups
    4. Remove file size limitations in BBM
    5. "Show what I'm listening to feature" should be limited to music, not voice messages in WhatsApp! Yes, try it out! Play a voice message your friend has sent you on WhatsApp and check your feeds on your friend's BBM, you will see that you was listening to this voice message.
    6. Multiple selection and sending of pictures through BBM
    7. Hashtag and mentioning in BBM groups and channels. Right now clicking on a hashtag or a mention within BBM redirects you to twitter?!
    8. Get notified when a specific BBM contact is available for Call/Video Call (grey icon turning into green invokes an alert) as in Lotus Sametime (Alert me when available option)

• Android

1. Android soft buttons(2 at least) instead of back only button
    2. Google Play Services to literally have 2 in 1 device. And have in the settings this option to be disabled (removal of all Android runtime for users who want 100% native experience).
    3. Try to find a way to let us deny Android apps specific permissions they require.

• Backup

1. BlackBerry users simple cloud for the purposes of hosting contacts, sync calendar, backup app data. I think 2 gigs should be enough, and extra for money, no problem. (old BlackBerry protect!?)
    2. Ability to backup and restore individual apps

• General

1. Custom snooze time of our choice
    2. The ability to choose the function of the middle key between volume rockers, not all users use voice control.

• Music

1. Equalizer, lyric viewer, ID3 edit from within the music player app
    2. Have the music app to look into certain folders for music. Not all the device!

• Camera

1. More photographer tools: iso, shutter speed, exposure, light balance etc
    2. Video size is too big even with @720p.. There has to be a way for smaller size for easier sharing
    3. Pause and resume while video recording
    90% of this will not be implemented according to the BlackBerry 10.3 roadmap.

05-05-14 02:56 AM

Looking forward for the 10% then
    05-05-14 03:36 AM

You might be right about many things here but:
    Roadmap is for SDK/API progress and not really meant to be a feature wise roadmap. It's for developers and we love api updates

On the other hand I think we will see a lot of new features in 10.3 ... cause.. lets face it, what are they hiding?
    05-05-14 03:43 AM
    It would be cool to be able to lock active screens. Would be awesome if I could keep the four apps I use the most open and on top at all times.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 04:00 AM
392 ... 45678 ...