05-26-15 10:26 PM
85 ... 234
tools
    That is likely -- but not necessarily -- a hardware problem.

BB10 runs cryptographic checksums over the entire software load on boot; this is one of the means used to prevent anyone from force-loading an unsigned image (or part of one), which could otherwise be done and be used to break the phone's security. If any of those checksums fail the OS will fail to start up.

Odds are that one or more of the images failed cryptographic checksum verification because there's a flaw in the chip where it's stored and thus it's not bit-identical to when it was flashed (as it has to be or the checksum won't verify.)
    05-26-15 03:34 PM
    From 10.3.2.500, the only OS you can go back is 10.2.2. Other than that, you should try 10.3.2.680 ; the OS is really stable, and some problems from 500 were fixed.
    After 10.3.2.680 you can't even revert to 10.2.2

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 05:21 PM
    This is an BETA/Test OS that "we" are not supposed to have. Blackberry doesn't have to acknowledge s**t when it comes to test OSs. Blackberry is under no obligation to provide any support for unapproved users of any Beta/Test OS, nor is Blackberry required to make fixes available to us. If you choose to download it then you are on your own when it comes to bugs.
    Correct, but the complaint is the official OTA update to 10.3.1.1779 from the carrier bricked the phone. The install of alpha/beta was a desperation move to get a working phone back. I could now throw at you the same snarky "didn't you read the thread" quips I received from others. The 10.3.2.680 BB10 OS I have now on the Z10 is great but it does not fix problem of the phone semi-bricked if I turn it off. My complaint is BB does not ACK its official release is flawed.
    05-26-15 07:36 PM
    Correct, but the complaint is the official OTA update to 10.3.1.1779 from the carrier bricked the phone. The install of alpha/beta was a desperation move to get a working phone back. I could now throw at you the same snarky "didn't you read the thread" quips I received from others. The 10.3.2.680 BB10 OS I have now on the Z10 is great but it does not fix problem of the phone semi-bricked if I turn it off. My complaint is BB does not ACK its official release is flawed.
    I've updated my Z30 STA100-2 to 10.3.1 OS version and my cell network didn't worked .. lots of issues, So I tried to load 10.3.2 Dev OS and still same issues. Now I'm trying to go back to 10.2.1.1927 and getting errors like "This OS version is blocked from device". I tried to use auto-loader 10.2 exe files can still stuck on 10.3.2.500 dev OS. Please help me how can I go back to 10.2 OS production version??? 10.2 was working fine and now with 10.3 , all messed up
    No. No, it isn't.

I won't ask if you read the thread. I guess it's obvious by now that you did but you got it all wrong.
    05-26-15 07:50 PM
    Yes, it (10.3.1) is broken in many cases. Here is a report of hundreds of Z10s being bricked by 10.3.1: Re: Z10 STL-002 - Did NOT switch completely off af... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    The original issue here is 10.3.1 and connection issues. It morphed into can not revert issue. And is now a Yes it is,. No it isn't non-debate. Only opinions here or no you can't do that. No technical solutions.
    05-26-15 09:01 PM
    On a serious note, and for my entertainment, when you updated to 680 did you restore from a backup? If so, I've said this numerous times, in numerous threads, that it is EXTREMELY unwise to restore from a backup of another OS version. Settings from a previous version OS have changed, whether slightly or dramatically in the updated version OS.

Plus, restoring from a backup is the equivalent of taking a shower, and then putting BACK on the clothing you just peeled out of prior to the shower. If you wouldn't practice that with your body, why would you practice that with a machine? Now, if you strip out all the necessary components of what you wanted out of the previous OS, things like contacts, bookmarks, etc., you know, sorting out the clothes before you put them in the washing machine, then restore those clean files - because they don't affect the OS in anyway, shape or form, I'd be interested in the results you have.

(I wrote the above slightly for you, mostly for everyone else that may be experiencing the same issues you're having)
    anon(9208252) and Blacklatino like this.
    05-26-15 09:05 PM
    On a serious note, and for my entertainment, when you updated to 680 did you restore from a backup? If so, I've said this numerous times, in numerous threads, that it is EXTREMELY unwise to restore from a backup of another OS version. Settings from a previous version OS have changed, whether slightly or dramatically in the updated version OS.

Plus, restoring from a backup is the equivalent of taking a shower, and then putting BACK on the clothing you just peeled out of prior to the shower. If you wouldn't practice that with your body, why would you practice that with a machine? Now, if you strip out all the necessary components of what you wanted out of the previous OS, things like contacts, bookmarks, etc., you know, sorting out the clothes before you put them in the washing machine, then restore those clean files - because they don't affect the OS in anyway, shape or form, I'd be interested in the results you have.

(I wrote the above slightly for you, mostly for everyone else that may be experiencing the same issues you're having)
    I hear Ya brother. Great analogy.

I'm here for the fun, it's just a phone
    Mecca EL and Blacklatino like this.
    05-26-15 09:08 PM
    Yes, it (10.3.1) is broken in many cases. Here is a report of hundreds of Z10s being bricked by 10.3.1: Re: Z10 STL-002 - Did NOT switch completely off af... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    The original issue here is 10.3.1 and connection issues. It morphed into can not revert issue. And is now a Yes it is,. No it isn't non-debate. Only opinions here or no you can't do that. No technical solutions.
    Out of curiosity, have you tried re-running the 10.3.2.680 autoloader on your phone?

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and Blacklatino like this.
    05-26-15 09:09 PM
    I read it. Basically, you all say it's impossible to revert an OS on a BB. Nothing is impossible. BB just makes it very difficult.

Anyway, let us know when you have it figured out.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 05-26-15 at 10:10 PM.
    diegonei and Mecca EL like this.
    05-26-15 09:53 PM

True. It's not that time-consuming and I've never reinstalled from a backup for my last 5 BlackBerries I've owned. but, that's just me. Again, it is truly unfortunate for anyone that made assumptions prior to upgrading about being able to downgrade back to another OS from 10.3.2.680 or .500.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-26-15 10:26 PM
85 ... 234