06-28-15 04:17 PM
166 ... 567
tools
    Cant believe bb will use such cheap hardware.
    Me too. I bought Z10 cuz i thought that BB is reliable.
    08-20-14 12:32 AM
    Seems like the only option left now.
    Cant believe bb will use such cheap hardware.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it's a matter of cheap hardware.
    For all we know some hardware nay have used a faulty batch of parts.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 01:28 AM
    A question for those that have changed the sensors how much did it cost them? I an asking the price for the sensors, and not the service of installing them. Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 02:22 AM
    A question for those that have changed the sensors how much did it cost them? I an asking the price for the sensors, and not the service of installing them. Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    You'd possibly look at about 15 for the sensor only.
    They can be had for less from China but have fun with customs...

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 06:26 AM
    Thank you! I live in France and never had any problems with customs for all of my previous deliveries.

Now... knowing that my warranty expires 30th September if I give them my phone with this 10.3.0.1052 they would not really appreciate, I am sure that they will like the os ,and they will invalidate my warranty, right?

Edit: Just did an Ebay search for the sensors... actually they come in a pack with the screen/touch/front bezel and other components... right?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Serge Simon; 08-23-14 at 09:00 AM.
    08-23-14 07:16 AM
    Thank you! I live in France and never had any problems with customs for all of my previous deliveries.

Now... knowing that my warranty expires 30th September if I give them my phone with this 10.3.0.1052 they would not really appreciate, I am sure that they will like the os ,and they will invalidate my warranty, right?

Edit: Just did an Ebay search for the sensors... actually they come in a pack with the screen/touch/front bezel and other components... right?

Posted via CB10
    Changing the sensor possibly invalidates the warranty unless done by an authorised repair centre.
    I don't think 10.3 would be an issue though.

As to the sensor:
    It comes with the headphone jack and speaker - also note that STL100-1 and STL100-2/3/4 have different parts.

If you check the ifixit teardown, https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Blac...Teardown/13445 , step 13 shows removal of the sensor assembly for STL100-2/3/4.

To be honest, changing it is easy and quick if you k ow how (the guy did it for me in seconds - you need a T2 torn (not T3 I believe) to open the case - also note the thermal paste on the CPU.
    Otherwise, just be careful and you should be fine changing it.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 12:33 PM
    you need a T2 torn (not T3 I believe) to open the case - also note the thermal paste on the CPU.
    Posted via CB10
    Well I have a kit with tiny screwdrivers... and i never had any issues with my previous Torch 9860 or Storm 2 when changing components myself.

There seems that i have a problem:

My bit marked T4 fits the backplate screws, but i do not have a smaller than that so i cannot remove the 6 screws holding the LCD in place.

well... going shopping (hopefully some ebayers sell the screen with the pryer and screwdriver sets)

Edit: what termal paste shoud I use? a normal from tube (used it on my cpu) should work or do i absolutely have to use a thermal pad? If so which type?
    Last edited by Serge Simon; 08-28-14 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Thermal pad?
    08-28-14 04:02 AM
    Well I have a kit with tiny screwdrivers... and i never had any issues with my previous Torch 9860 or Storm 2 when changing components myself.

There seems that i have a problem:

My bit marked T4 fits the backplate screws, but i do not have a smaller than that so i cannot remove the 6 screws holding the LCD in place.

well... going shopping (hopefully some ebayers sell the screen with the pryer and screwdriver sets)

Edit: what termal paste shoud I use? a normal from tube (used it on my cpu) should work or do i absolutely have to use a thermal pad? If so which type?
    No need to remove the LCD - you only need to remove the backplate and then the Mainboard should come off.
    The LCD can remain mounted.

As to the thermal paste: I just added a glob of arctic silver, BUT I think a pad is a better idea.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 07:28 AM
    By the way I forgot to post an update on my situation. I had my Z10 sensors warranty replaced two weeks ago, everything works perfectly now, running 10.3.0.1130

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 06:11 PM
    By the way I forgot to post an update on my situation. I had my Z10 sensors warranty replaced two weeks ago, everything works perfectly now, running 10.3.0.1130

Posted via CB10
    You had a leaked OS when you took it in for repairs?

.1130?! I already missed one?!

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 06:37 PM
    You had a leaked OS when you took it in for repairs?

.1130?! I already missed one?!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, it's the Sachesi BAR only nondestructive update that Deezy shared, minor bugfixes

Abd no, I loaded the last official OS before sending it for the repair. Don't know whether a leak would have been a problem, just wanted to avoid unnecessary complications.
    Posted via CB10
    Serge Simon likes this.
    08-31-14 01:00 AM
    Well.... finally got to it and contacted the seller for a warranty replacement of the sensors,... Printed the screenshots with the sensors out of service, reverted to the latest official 10.2.1 OS and my Z10 went with the DHL agent over the channel to England this Monday.

I called to ask about the repair timetable and i found that it's a horrible 3-4 weeks waiting time... even more if they run in complications...

Maybe i should have bought the whole assembly for 30Euros on Ebay and install it myself in 20 minutes...

I had to ressurect my old Nokia 6120c.... this is a bummer... I will keep you posted...
    09-18-14 06:13 PM
    Hello guys

My sensors just started working again yesterday ! (on my Z10 not the Q)

I don't know how I don't know why.

I did nothing. I am on 10.3.1.938 since the leak came out and did not upgraded to the newest ones.

Very strange.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    12-09-14 03:59 PM
    Aaaannndd..

The idiots kept me waiting for a full 2 months... and sent me another brand new Z10

Frankly not worth the wait... mine was in good condition too (a few scars because i dropped it but it had been in a case for a long time) and 2 months make me really miss my Blackberry for the messaging and the Hub...

anyways... i hope new leaks won't mess **** in the hardware from now on

Best wishes!
    01-10-15 10:14 PM
    Hi,

I was one among the victims of this irritating issue. Tried all the methods described here with no luck. After reading one of the posts in which the user claimed to have his sensors back after a night leaving the phone switched off, I decided to keep my phone shutdown for a while. I kept it off for like 15 minutes and then turned on, the first thing I noticed was my keyboard lit up! I have no clue how would I explain this but it worked. After a frustrating 48 hours my sensors started working again. Can those of you who still facing this issue, give it a try? Keep it switched off a bit longer if needed..

-Good luck
    Yass85 likes this.
    06-03-15 09:52 PM
    Hi,

I was one among the victims of this irritating issue. Tried all the methods described here with no luck. After reading one of the posts in which the user claimed to have his sensors back after a night leaving the phone switched off, I decided to keep my phone shutdown for a while. I kept it off for like 15 minutes and then turned on, the first thing I noticed was my keyboard lit up! I have no clue how would I explain this but it worked. After a frustrating 48 hours my sensors started working again. Can those of you who still facing this issue, give it a try? Keep it switched off a bit longer if needed..

-Good luck
    How about 12 hours? It worked but stopped hours later. Had to get my screen changed. It was the only option and thanks to that or maybe it another issue, my keyboard buttons not pressing properly.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 04:17 PM
166 ... 567