06-28-15 04:17 PM
166 ... 34567
tools
    Recently, i try re-install 10.3.0.700, my sensor (proximity and light) worked.
    But now, it dont work.
    I dont understand

what the h*** is going on Blackberry ???

Does not seem to work for me...
    Then again, for all we know there are a number of causes (same as with the random reboots at the start...)
    06-27-14 03:58 PM
    Not sure if it's a lose connection or what not, I just know it went for repair and came back working with no OS change.

Posted via CB10
    Quick thought - whom dis you repair it with?
    Given that you took the plunge, you can obviously offer a recommendation for wherever you are.
    (you're not in the UK by any chance?)

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 02:59 AM
    http://www.idealmobiles.com/blackber...ice-1737-p.asp

Or if in London, there is a repair shop in the High Street of Islington which does them too, but link is recommended.

Posted via CB10
    DetlevCM likes this.
    06-29-14 03:21 AM
    http://www.idealmobiles.com/blackber...ice-1737-p.asp

Or if in London, there is a repair shop in the High Street of Islington which does them too, but link is recommended.

Posted via CB10
    I found those too,n o idea whether they can be trusted.
    If they did the job for you, I have that option too. Thanks.
    Alternatively get the sensor... but I only found it from China based companies which would cause import hell...
    (VAT possibly - there should be no import duty for a 5 pounds part.)

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 03:27 AM
    I was tempted but didn't know the exact part to buy. I still have one at work on my desk with a faulty sensor too, it's already been a refurbished from O2 so I might try it myself and see how easy it is. It might mean I can make a few

Do you have the link to the part from China?
    06-29-14 04:51 AM
    OK, ifixit has a nice teardown - found here: https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Blac...Teardown/13445

I believe people identified the screws as T1 and T3 rather than T2 and T4.
    You only need to take the big screws out to remove the back cover and the mainbaord - so if you have T2, T3, T4 one will fit.

The mainboard has some connectors and comes off easily then - at worst fiddly with a connector in the way.
    (I had a look.)
    -> Note there is thermal paste on the CPU/case - and in my case also a copper foil on the CPU.
    -> I pressed the foil on a bit harder and used Arctic Silver 5 upon reassembly, so make sure you have some thermal paste, you'll need quite a lot...

I did NOT get the speaker assembly out - apparently it is glued in - Check Step 13 from ifixit.
    (Might mean I'll need a T1 torx as well.)

The parts I found were these:
    BlackBerry Z10 Earphone Jack Flex Cable Ribbon (4G Version)
    Earpiece Speaker Flex Cable for BlackBerry Z10 - Parts4repair.Com

Both ship from China, both distinguish between the 4G and 3G version of the phone. (So good labelling.)

Side note: I'm up north - South and West Yorkshire - which does make the guys from your link fairly close but I don't want to spend that much on fixing it and I want it done quicker...
    06-29-14 06:58 AM
    Might be worth calling them as some review said that they do some repairs within an hour.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 07:05 AM
    Might be worth calling them as some review said that they do some repairs within an hour.

Posted via CB10
    I was playing with the idea - I have sent them an email asking if they would sell the part.
    But going there is potentially feasible - I'll be going to Leeds regularly again very soon.

So that may be plan B - pre-arrange an appointment and then just have it with them for an hour or so.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 09:25 AM
    My sensor seem to work again. I had to turn my phone OFF before going to bed WITHOUT charging the phone. And this morning I turned ON my phone.... and suddenly my sensor came back to life.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 10:30 AM
    My sensor seem to work again. I had to turn my phone OFF before going to bed WITHOUT charging the phone. And this morning I turned ON my phone.... and suddenly my sensor came back to life.

Posted via CB10
    Please, describe your issue with the sensors and when it started.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 02:52 PM
    I was using the google map gps on my bicycle for at least 3 hour without turning off the screen. Then my phone rebooted by himself. My sensor was inactive for at least 2 months.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 05:48 PM
    I was using the google map gps on my bicycle for at least 3 hour without turning off the screen. Then my phone rebooted by himself. My sensor was inactive for at least 2 months.

Posted via CB10
    Could you please post a screen shot of BBVE tests for the proximity and light sensors?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 10:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 03:20 PM
    Today I went to the store because of my broken sensor and you know what, they gave me a brand new device.
    So my problem is solved.

Good luck everyone, I hope you will fix it!

(y)

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 06:17 PM
    OK, just had my sensors replaced and they work again.
    So for me it is or rather was hardware.

The exchange was done by the guy behind www.idealmobiles.com - he is great and I would highly recommend him for repair services.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 10:42 AM
    I'm using STL100-1 and sensors doesn't work

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 10:22 AM
    I'm using STL100-1 and sensors doesn't work

Posted via CB10
    You might want to try downgrading just to be sure, but if that doesn't help I guess you'll have to replace it....

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 08:19 AM
    Since you have the sensors files and it doesn't work then it's a hardware issue.
    For those who do not have the files, it might be a software issue but not totally sure.

Posted via CB10 on Q10 OS 10.3.0.296 /441
    07-19-14 12:32 PM
    Since you have the sensors files and it doesn't work then it's a hardware issue.
    For those who do not have the files, it might be a software issue but not totally sure.

In this case reloading with an autoloader should work.
    Someone suggested the files are generated at boot.

-> an autoloader replaces all files, if that does not fix an issue I can't really see how it cane be software (aside from something like a BIOS)

Having said that, at least two of us here had the sensors changed and they worm again.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 04:43 PM
    In this case reloading with an autoloader should work.
    Someone suggested the files are generated at boot.

-> an autoloader replaces all files, if that does not fix an issue I can't really see how it cane be software (aside from something like a BIOS)

Having said that, at least two of us here had the sensors changed and they worm again.

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree with you bro but it's weird since some of us got them work doing nothing.

Moreover the majority of us have the sensors brocken since blackberry's worldwide bug last year.

I really don't know finally.

I reloaded 10.2.1 and 10.3 but nothing.
    The only thing I have to try and I haven't had time to do is to reload 10.2.0 os WITH my provider's radio and see days after what's going on.

07-19-14 06:02 PM
    Totally agree with you bro but it's weird since some of us got them work doing nothing.

Moreover the majority of us have the sensors brocken since blackberry's worldwide bug last year.

I really don't know finally.

I reloaded 10.2.1 and 10.3 but nothing.
    The only thing I have to try and I haven't had time to do is to reload 10.2.0 os WITH my provider's radio and see days after what's going on.

It is weird. I would possibly suspect some forms of to y power surge as the most likely cause.
    (I believe my volume button reset killed them - but I'm not sure.)

Once the sensor was changed to a new one, it worked again right away upon rebooting.
    So calibration etc. Wasn't an issue on my device.

Just figuring out how they broke would be interesting.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 01:25 AM
    It is weird. I would possibly suspect some forms of to y power surge as the most likely cause.
    (I believe my volume button reset killed them - but I'm not sure.)

Once the sensor was changed to a new one, it worked again right away upon rebooting.
    So calibration etc. Wasn't an issue on my device.

Just figuring out how they broke would be interesting.

Posted via CB10
    I think the sensors are not broken, but I can't find any logical pattern to what it's happening.

Today, I turned off my device so I can put my data only SIM card, I swapped the cards, turned the device back on and then went outside. I was using the phone and I noticed that my display was dim when I went far from street lights. I fired up BBVE, and Voila! Sensors are working again.

I found the missing files in /dev/sensor so it's not an issue of missing files.

I did not put the other SIM card back, but I'll do that again and see what happens.

Z10 sensors-img_20140721_225709.png

Z10 sensors-img_20140721_214101.png

Z10 sensors-img_20140722_010419.png

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by chihab222; 07-21-14 at 09:20 PM.
    07-21-14 08:10 PM
    Well, I swapped to my original SIM card (that means I removed the battery) and sensors seem to be brought back from the underworld permanently

One thing I did that might be related, is when I put the battery back, I plugged the charger before the phone fully booted up.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by chihab222; 07-21-14 at 09:20 PM.
    07-21-14 08:23 PM
    You know, I had the impression that my sensors came back briefly on one occasion - but it didn't last.
    It also doesn't explain why a replacement fixes the issue...
    (it wouldn't if it were just a software issue.)

Maybe your lucky - or there is more to it...
    I guess we won't know for sure unless we get some forms of official statement....

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 02:17 AM
    just joining the club... Stl100-2

my Proximity and Light sensors fail before I get to the testing part (no response)

they are both marked as Unavailable.

so... trolling until i get a deffinite way of getting them back...
    07-22-14 03:42 AM
166 ... 34567