05-28-14 11:40 PM
32 12
tools
    Cool video Bash, just watched it. Thanks for that. You'll probably save us from The Man. Don't need no tickets...

Trusted Member Genius on Verizon 10.3.0.296/442
    No problem buddy. I've heard that they're looking to increasing the using your phone while driving from $280 to $1000 + 3 demerit points. .. In that case, $45 doesn't seem so bad
    05-28-14 09:33 AM
    A grand...$1,000...Yiikes!

05-28-14 02:37 PM
    I made one anyways.. Cheers
    Bash,

Nice vid man, thanks.

I have a noob question - it's a little off topic. I don't have any experience using hands free BT headsets and was wondering a couple of things:

With the new assistant coming along in 10.3 I am looking forward to more voice command use through a headset as well as listening to music and handling calls, texts, etc. I notice the current BB10 HS units do not support streaming music. Do you, or the others know, will they work for voice commands or just phone calls? I've seen the Jawbone support Siri and Google Now but is it really needed to use the features (i.e. Is it a marketing thing or do you really need supported headsets to work with voice command)? I figured the headset would be a microphone that's wireless and worked the same as speaking into the device's mic?

I guess we'll have to wait for BlackBerry to release a streaming HS for BB10 or use a third party one. Any suggestions on a third party on ear options for music, calls, and voice command?

Thanks.

emPowered by ?
    05-28-14 06:10 PM
    Bash,

Nice vid man, thanks.

I have a noob question - it's a little off topic. I don't have any experience using hands free BT headsets and was wondering a couple of things:

With the new assistant coming along in 10.3 I am looking forward to more voice command use through a headset as well as listening to music and handling calls, texts, etc. I notice the current BB10 HS units do not support streaming music. Do you, or the others know, will they work for voice commands or just phone calls? I've seen the Jawbone support Siri and Google Now but is it really needed to use the features (i.e. Is it a marketing thing or do you really need supported headsets to work with voice command)? I figured the headset would be a microphone that's wireless and worked the same as speaking into the device's mic?

I guess we'll have to wait for BlackBerry to release a streaming HS for BB10 or use a third party one. Any suggestions on a third party on ear options for music, calls, and voice command?

Thanks.

emPowered by ?
    I wouldn't know about the BlackBerry head sets, but I have the Motorola HX550 and it works greats with voice controls. I haven't tested it with music.

I do like the fact that it connects 2 phones at the same time. I'll test the music streaming to it later tonight and let u know.
    05-28-14 07:47 PM
    celticmagick,
    I tested the Motorola HX550 with my Z10 for you. Streaming Music works with it, sound comes loud and clear. But you have to manually start the music app on the Z10 and select the music. Unlike the Kivino BTC450 where you can just press the button once and it'll start the music automatically in shuffle mode, the HX550 doesnt do that.

Also on the HX550, you have no way of controlling the music as far as pausing, Fast Forward, Back Track, etc.. If you press the button, it'll pause the music but it'll star the Voice Control.

Navigation app sounds will come through the HX550 as well.

cheers
    05-28-14 11:31 PM
    A grand...$1,000...Yiikes!

oh yes.. The reason they're bumping it is because $280 is still not stopping people from using their phones (calling/texting) while driving. What people should be worried about is the 3 demerit points cause those will hurt your driving recod/rating and car insurance. Just another reason for insurance companies to increase premiums.

not to go off topic. LOL.
    05-28-14 11:34 PM
    celticmagick,
    I tested the Motorola HX550 with my Z10 for you. Streaming Music works with it, sound comes loud and clear. But you have to manually start the music app on the Z10 and select the music. Unlike the Kivino BTC450 where you can just press the button once and it'll start the music automatically in shuffle mode, the HX550 doesnt do that.

Also on the HX550, you have no way of controlling the music as far as pausing, Fast Forward, Back Track, etc.. If you press the button, it'll pause the music but it'll star the Voice Control.

Navigation app sounds will come through the HX550 as well.

cheers
    Cool deal. Thanks for testing it!

emPowered by ?
    05-28-14 11:40 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD