09-04-13 01:28 PM
1,508 ... 5152535455 ...
tools
    Any idea when the next "leak" might be coming? Been holding off on this one but might just pull the trigger if something newer isn't just around the corner...

05-28-13 03:00 PM
    I often get an error under Settings -> Payment Options.

I'm not sure if you've tried clicking on something with a price yet, so maybe this won't apply.
    I haven't actually checked what happens when I click on a free app while that Payment Options error is there myself.

The way I get around the Payment Options error it is to go into BlackBerry World and
    click on the price of any paid app like I'm going to buy it,
    enter my BlackBerry ID and password if it asks,
    and this gets me to the Confirm Purchase screen with the Price and Tax.
    Then I cancel.
    After this, if I go into Settings -> Payment Options, I actually can see the options again (at least until a reboot).
    This is what works for me, too, on the leaks. I've bought an app just fine in BB World after doing this fix on .2342..
    05-28-13 03:02 PM
    Thanks for the new leak! Just installed and restored only app / media back up -- try to avoid settings. Unfortunately not doing settings gets rid of all my SMS messages -- but its ok -- not a bad trade off.

So far running smoothly -- only issue was the kept loading and kept going after the App backup restore -- but did a reboot and the problem cleared up. Sending MMS picture messages on T-mobile fine on my end. Thanks again!
    05-28-13 03:19 PM
    Any idea when the next "leak" might be coming? Been holding off on this one but might just pull the trigger if something newer isn't just around the corner...

Read back a page or two

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 03:39 PM
    Excellent
    05-28-13 03:57 PM
    Some Feedback.
    Uploaded the leak on Sunday 2342.

It is now Wednesday morning and no reboots. OS seems good I did not suffer from the MMS/SMS issue.

Payment option like all is not visable.

OS seems solid and not glitchy I think we have a winner on our hands.

thanks to LBFE and Kris for all of their hard work and the time they put into helping the community out.

All the best

CO
    Kris Simundson likes this.
    05-28-13 04:06 PM
    I downloaded 2342 yesterday afternoon and my battery went to 0 in 6 hours. Put the phone on the charger overnight and took it off at 6 in the morning. I've been doing light surfing, BBM chats emailing listening to music and radio streams throughout the day. I'm also constantly checking the 'remember' app and contacts as is the norm for me. At 5 PM I figure I have at least 3 hours of battery life left. Not bad! No problems for me with this leak. Everything is working as it should.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 04:37 PM
    I often get an error under Settings -> Payment Options.

I'm not sure if you've tried clicking on something with a price yet, so maybe this won't apply.
    I haven't actually checked what happens when I click on a free app while that Payment Options error is there myself.

The way I get around the Payment Options error it is to go into BlackBerry World and
    click on the price of any paid app like I'm going to buy it,
    enter my BlackBerry ID and password if it asks,
    and this gets me to the Confirm Purchase screen with the Price and Tax.
    Then I cancel.
    After this, if I go into Settings -> Payment Options, I actually can see the options again (at least until a reboot).
    Thanks for the help - as a last attempt I rebooted the phone then I didn't have time to check again for an hour or so and by then BBW was working again - though T-Mobile bill as a payment option is still missing...
    05-28-13 05:02 PM
    Back to....

Z10 Leaked Full OS 10.1.0.2342 for STL100-2,3,4-img_00000001.png

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 05:03 PM
    Mine came off the charger at 5:30 this morning. At 5:50 pm I'm at 27% remaining. Not as good as .1762(26?) but it's the first day running it. I spent some time getting my BBM channels back. I sent/received about 20-25 texts, a bit of BBMing with a couple small file transfers and a voice call. Did some NFC file transfers to test it out too (working again), 3 email accounts set to 30 minutes, did some Facebook msgs, light browsing etc., all on LTE. We'll see how tomorrow goes but I think it will be fine.

Edited to add: BBlink worked the first time with this leak. In the past I had to re-install Link and sign in and out to get it to allow RFA over cellular (on OSX)...
    05-28-13 05:06 PM
    I downloaded 2342 yesterday afternoon and my battery went to 0 in 6 hours. Put the phone on the charger overnight and took it off at 6 in the morning. I've been doing light surfing, BBM chats emailing listening to music and radio streams throughout the day. I'm also constantly checking the 'remember' app and contacts as is the norm for me. At 5 PM I figure I have at least 3 hours of battery life left. Not bad! No problems for me with this leak. Everything is working as it should.

Posted via CB10
    Took off mine around 8AM and light surfing in the morning, reading emails, some chats via text, FB etc and some fiddling (installing Skype etc) and I still have ~8% left, according to BG... if it reaches 8PM I'm happy, 7PM would be, well, kinda OK (definitely behind my Xperia T with more activity.)

Tomorrow I will leave wifi off and see it again - on my Xperia I've noticed if I leave wifi off and let it sync on HSPA+ throughout the day I have almost half a battery still available around 4PM which is fantastic... is wifi a battery hog here too?
    05-28-13 05:06 PM
    sorry****double**
    05-28-13 05:11 PM
    It needs to settle down for some days..
    If you shake it back and forth it helps it settle.....

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 05:32 PM
    If you shake it back and forth it helps it settle.....

Posted via CB10
    With some smooth jazz in the background...

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 05:43 PM
    And a glass of wine?

Posted via CB10
    Sator and HedoBum like this.
    05-28-13 05:44 PM
    Yes, Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 05:56 PM
    Took off mine around 8AM and light surfing in the morning, reading emails, some chats via text, FB etc and some fiddling (installing Skype etc) and I still have ~8% left, according to BG... if it reaches 8PM I'm happy, 7PM would be, well, kinda OK (definitely behind my Xperia T with more activity.)

Tomorrow I will leave wifi off and see it again - on my Xperia I've noticed if I leave wifi off and let it sync on HSPA+ throughout the day I have almost half a battery still available around 4PM which is fantastic... is wifi a battery hog here too?
    Still at 4%, 3 mins 'til 7PM - it's OK.

However this PoS stopped syncing my personal Gmail at ~9AM - nothing came in since... I'm kinda amazed: this is one of the most f'n basic functionality, it's interesting that they have 'managed' to break this... this bug alone - that I cannot even trust my emails - renders this leak a worthless-useless, utter piece of junk for me, sorry.

PS: just did my usual trick, force clsed all sessions from my Gmail's web UI (browser) and voila', a couple minutes later all my mails came in. BIG, FAT, LAME@SS BUG, BB. :P
    05-28-13 05:57 PM
    Hi gliveron,
    I didn't do anything special except follow the tutorial in this forum using the usual steps *backup phone, *download/ extract RAR file, *close BB Link, *plug in phone, *open extracted file and run. After install- reinstall backup file you created. After that, I had to be patient to allow the hub to resync and regenerate everything, THEN log back into all my accounts. (P.S.: Reinstall any Android sideloads if you had any, they will not be reinstalled through BB Link, you need to use DBBD to reinstall those.)
    Now, the phone appears smoother, quicker, no overnight reboots, and better standby battery life. I am on T-MO in the U.S.
    Hope this works for You!
    So I notice no security wipe in your process? I have read so many opinions on the matter, swipe before loading the new OS, swipe after loading? I installed this leak and flashed the. 19xx radio file. I swiped after the flash and it appears to be running perfect. Fast, no browser hangs, solid battery life (14 hours) and no reboots but then again I never had single one.

Maybe it's the placebo affect, but good nonetheless.

Posted from my Z10
    05-28-13 05:59 PM
    I don't know if it is this leak or what but my browser is choking bad.
    05-28-13 06:10 PM
    I don't know if it is this leak or what but my browser is choking bad.
    I am noticing similar results with the browser it appears to be quite slow compared to 1880 if i am not mistaken
    05-28-13 06:13 PM
    On another note,

Has anyone noticed their phones starting to get sluggish and slow down? Am i the only one? I have tried to avoid sideloading any apps this go around but i find once it settles in it starts to struggle. As mentioned above, the browser is something to notice as the keyboard pops up opening the browser app its most noticeable.

Any thoughts on this or am i just crazy haha?
    05-28-13 06:14 PM
    Anybody having text problems with this leak? I am not receiving some and also it doesnt send some. Very random. I have found that if i delete saved texts from backup then it tends to work but not always.
    05-28-13 06:16 PM
    Anybody having text problems with this leak? I am not receiving some and also it doesnt send some. Very random. I have found that if i delete saved texts from backup then it tends to work but not always.
    lol clearly you are not reading
    05-28-13 06:23 PM
    I don't use MMS very often, but I just tried sending one today and I got a "Generic Error" or something of the sort. Is this the same MMS error that can be solved by a security wipe or am I getting something different? I'm just curious, I don't use MMS very often so I don't think it's worth a security wipe to fix at this point.
    05-28-13 06:31 PM
    I don't use MMS very often, but I just tried sending one today and I got a "Generic Error" or something of the sort. Is this the same MMS error that can be solved by a security wipe or am I getting something different? I'm just curious, I don't use MMS very often so I don't think it's worth a security wipe to fix at this point.
    Yes this is the one error that needs a wipe

Posted via CB10
    LazyEvul likes this.
    05-28-13 06:34 PM
1,508 ... 5152535455 ...