09-04-13 02:28 PM
1,508 ... 4344454647 ...
tools
    Yesterday I installed .2342 on my VZW STL100-4. Battery took a lot longer to charge, and drain seemed pretty fast. That isn't an issue as I usually wait a few days to actually pay attention to battery usage on a new leak. The issue I am running into is that multiple friends say they are receiving double sms messages from me. (I send one, they receive two). I notice this mentioned by maybe two more posters in this thread. Has anyone else noticed this?

Is that a radio file issue? If so, do you think I should just load up .2009 (I had skipped that leak), or just load the 1917 radio file on top of .2342?

Thanks everyone!
    just load the 1917 radio file on top of .2342? This is what I have done.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 12:05 PM
    I have a -4 too and like 2009 better as it was designed for that model- I loaded it - worked great, loaded the 2342-(Yes- I'm an early adopter ) didn't like it- and have gone back to 2009... I have seen some other 2342 users having issues with the -4 model- Good luck- - I think I may stop now with Leaks (2009 is very stable for me ) and wait for 10.2 official- Verizon may release that by next year !
    05-27-13 12:09 PM
    After a couple of overnight reboots and a daytime in-the-middle-of-something reboot with 2009, I went to 2343. 24-hours in, my battery life has been great and no overnight reboot. Time will tell if this continues. Couple of interesting things:

I did a security wipe on 2009 before installing 2342.

This morning, I noticed my phone hit 100% when charging overnight (bedside mode), but after 2 hours dropped down to 99% and stayed there until morning. I wonder if this is some sort of self-protection to prevent the reboot, or if it's just a quirk. Anyone who's phone was rebooting and now is not notice if they're at 99% or 100% in the morning?

I'm VZW STL-4
    05-27-13 12:17 PM
    I loaded the 2009 radio on top of 2342 and the battery problem disappeared.

There is one problem that I am unsure if it existed before or not -- I cannot send a MMS when on cell data with the VPN up. I know why it doesn't work but I think the previous builds dropped the VPN to transmit the MMS and then re-established it. This one does not. It may be that the VPN is just that much more-stable that it simply works where previously it did not.

It's not a huge issue -- it works if you're on WiFi with the VPN up, but not on cell data. The reason it fails is that when you're on cellular VPN the carrier's gateway will refuse the MMS since it comes not from their internal IP Address but from your external one; all the carriers will refuse to accept such a transmission as it looks like a spam from the outside.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-27-13 12:21 PM
    I'm curious if people finally figured out the deal with the LTE/4GLTE/4G display issue
    I've never seen anything on my phone other than 4GLTE, but I'm on Telus, not Rogers
    Nor have I ever seen the MMS not working, so I wonder if it is carrier specific problem?
    I do have a problem with pictures not syncing with fb and twitter for contacts, but I found a workaround for that
    I'm beginning to feel it is a fragmentation issue like Kris was saying earlier
    05-27-13 12:26 PM
    I'm curious if people finally figured out the deal with the LTE/4GLTE/4G display issue
    I've never seen anything on my phone other than 4GLTE, but I'm on Telus, not Rogers
    Nor have I ever seen the MMS not working, so I wonder if it is carrier specific problem?
    I do have a problem with pictures not syncing with fb and twitter for contacts, but I found a workaround for that
    I'm beginning to feel it is a fragmentation issue like Kris was saying earlier
    I believe the casue was fragmenting which caused the radio to connect to a old network technology aka pre LTE in the areas during the 'Regional setup'

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 12:53 PM
    After a couple of overnight reboots and a daytime in-the-middle-of-something reboot with 2009, I went to 2343. 24-hours in, my battery life has been great and no overnight reboot. Time will tell if this continues. Couple of interesting things:

This morning, I noticed my phone hit 100% when charging overnight (bedside mode), but after 2 hours dropped down to 99% and stayed there until morning. I wonder if this is some sort of self-protection to prevent the reboot, or if it's just a quirk. Anyone who's phone was rebooting and now is not notice if they're at 99% or 100% in the morning?

I'm VZW STL-4
    I usually charge my phone overnight while in bedside mode. I was running 2342 with the latest radio file and I never saw 100%. It was at 99% (even when plugged in overnight) when I woke up this morning. Two hours later (with little to no use, the battery was down to 75%. I decided to flash my phone this morning with the 1917 radio file as it was part of the 2009 OS designed for Verizon -4. It made a HUGE difference. I plugged it in to recharge and by the time I stepped out of the shower, it was up to 100%. The battery management is much better and the phone doesn't feel like it's overheating and about to blow up even with heavy use. Everything else is running as fast and smooth as I've ever seen. MMS has no issues, browser is great, contacts are golden.

I would say that for the Verizon -4 (from my experience), the 2342 OS with the 1917 radio file is the best combo so far.
    05-27-13 12:56 PM
    Guys what do you think?
    3hrs40mins exact on idle with a couple emails come through and a couple bc's and bbm came through from 100% to 86%
    That sounds good or bad lol

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 12:56 PM
    I had the issue of having the "network technology" and display change to HSPA+ from 4G, etc with this leak. A security wipe fixed that and restored ability to use MMS. Am on T-Mobile US and came from 1880. Battery draw not great at about 8% per hour with light use. Looking for detailed instructions on how to load the 1880 radio file on top of 2342 or find link to a full hybrid.
    05-27-13 12:58 PM
    Guys what do you think?
    3hrs40mins exact on idle with a couple emails come through and a couple bc's and bbm came through from 100% to 86%

Posted via CB10
    No BatteryGuru to show the graph?
    05-27-13 12:58 PM

I'm VZW STL-4
    I went from the .1720 official to the .2342 on my AT&T STL-3 without a security wipe, and I only ever really had reboots at night during charging. My phone this morning (second night without reboots) was at 100% and remained there until I unplugged it.

However, when I was on .1720, it would always stop at 99% but would show 100% after a battery pull. I think it's just a quirk.
    05-27-13 01:00 PM
    No BatteryGuru to show the graph?
    Naw never downloaded it, but I forgot to I also had wifi and cellular network on, but no data on cellular network tho lol cause I didn't pay my bill

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 01:06 PM
    Guys what do you think?

Posted via CB10
    That's bad imo. Mine went down about 9% in 9 hours with several emails coming through.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 01:20 PM
    That's bad imo. Mine went down about 9% in 9 hours with several emails coming through.

Posted via CB10
    Wow, mine goes down about that much an hour since day one, no matter what OS I use!

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 01:22 PM
    One issue I just noticed is that I can't take a screen shot. I press both volume buttons and I hear the click but no image is saved.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 01:23 PM
    Wow, mine goes down about that much an hour since day one, no matter what OS I use!

Posted via CB10
    In standby? I've never had battery life that bad. Wow. Maybe time for a new battery?

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 01:24 PM
    One issue I just noticed is that I can't take a screen shot. I press both volume buttons and I hear the click but no image is saved.

Posted via CB10
    If you have a media card in, check the device camera folder. That's where mine save now.
    05-27-13 01:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not even in your device camera folder? Even if you set pics to save to the sd card, screenshots save to the camera folder on your device by default.

Posted via CB10 & loving it!
    Lendo likes this.
    05-27-13 01:28 PM
    In standby? I've never had battery life that bad. Wow. Maybe time for a new battery?

Posted via CB10
    I dont think its all that bad, I have bluetooth and wifi on all the time, about the same as my old torch, Im usually down to 20-30% after about 12 hours

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 01:29 PM
    I believe the casue was fragmenting which caused the radio to connect to a old network technology aka pre LTE in the areas during the 'Regional setup'

Posted via CB10
    So Kris, if I flash the radio, would that fix it or I need to reinstall the OS?
    Mine showing 4GLTE now, it used to be LTE.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10
    05-27-13 01:30 PM

I'm VZW STL-4
    I'm on VZW STL-4, as well, and noticed the same thing. I charged my phone last night and it got to 100% but when I went to take it off the charger this morning it was only at 99%. I'll take that quirk, though, as I've had no random reboots so far and they used to happen multiple times a day!

I've noticed battery life hasn't been great so far, as so many others have said, but I figure I'll give it a couple days to sort itself out before I go crazy flashing different radio files.

One major positive with this leak: the android ports I've downloaded from BBW no longer lose the menu bar after a few hours of the phone being on. Previously, even with the bar "pinned", it would disappear and I wouldn't be able to access the menu until the phone had been rebooted multiple times but it hasn't disappeared on me once since downloading this leak! Giving it one more day then I'll start sideloading some of my old apps in to see if it works for them, as well. :-)

Cuz I haven't said it yet: Thanks so much, Kris and lbfe! I was worried I was going to have to bite the bullet and get a warranty replacement but this leak has taken care of everything - you guys rock!

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-27-13 01:36 PM
    Give it time to settle in, 3 hard or 5 soft starts to the trick!
    05-27-13 01:38 PM
    Hi Guys

The link give me a 404 error... have you any other source?

Thanks
    05-27-13 01:39 PM
    Hi Guys

The link give me a 404 error... have you any other source?

Thanks
    If you go back and read the first 5 or so pages of this thread, a couple users posted mirrors that may work if you're having trouble with the direct link. :-)

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 01:43 PM
    Not even in your device camera folder? Even if you set pics to save to the sd card, screenshots save to the camera folder on your device by default.

Posted via CB10 & loving it!
    I did not know that was by default.
    05-27-13 01:49 PM
1,508 ... 4344454647 ...