09-04-13 01:28 PM
1,508 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    Hold that Glenfiddich yet! Installed 2342 with no problems and the phone is smooth as butter. However one problem, I can't send nor receive pics via text messages now. If I send a pic through text, I get an error message that reads "GENERAL PROBLEMS". So I've used my backup Z10 to send a pic through text to my primary Z10 with the 2342 build. It doesn't receive the pic ether.

Anyway to get it to work or should I downgrade back to 2009?
    reboot. A friend had that issue. Reboot fixed it
    Z10Newsman likes this.
    05-25-13 09:16 AM
    Just found something cool in hub on Facebook and Twitter sections you can now 'Status' and 'Tweet'

Attachment 165018
    Attachment 165019

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty sure that's been there since day one (10.0). I know because that's how I post to those outlets.

Posted via CB10
    topnoch and dudeman25 like this.
    05-25-13 09:18 AM
    So I woke up this morning, and my Facebook/Twitter contact photos still refused to populate. I'm trying to delete and re-add the accounts at the moment, but the populating is still worryingly slow as it was last time.
    05-25-13 09:18 AM
    Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 09:19 AM
    reboot. A friend had that issue. Reboot fixed it
    Very first time I have that issue with my phone since getting it this January. Going to reboot now....
    05-25-13 09:21 AM
    And sorry, I'm really new here but when I hit "Reply" does that *not* reply to the individual's post in the thread? I guess I should RTFM, but I do love reading CB, y'all are great.
    Click and hold individual post you want to reply to, the slide your finger to the right and select "reply with quote".

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.1.0.2342)
    05-25-13 09:22 AM
    Ok this version is not as snappy as 2009. You opened up apps in 2009 and it was very crisp opening it's frame.

Missing from this one is bing and that radio app

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 09:25 AM
    Missing from this one is bing and that radio app
    Verizon bloatware
    05-25-13 09:26 AM
    Nice to see the torrent of leaks!

I just tried to install this one and got the same result as I had with .2009, which is getting stuck in a loop of resets, and no installation. I even tried changing USB cables and ports, as well as running the autoloader as admin, without battery, and so on. Usually, if I'm going to have problems it's with Link, not the autoloaders. This time the backup with Link went smoothly but the autoloader isn't getting the job done.

I think it's a hardware issue in my particular phone, but I have no way to know for sure.
    Update: I tried yet again, and this time just let it reboot over and over while I took a shower. When I got out of the shower, I saw that after the 7th reboot the autoloader finally started to install the OS. The rest of the installation was without any problem.

The restore was also "smooth", i.e., it went according to the pattern I've seen in the past. In case it's of any use to anyone:

1. Put phone in airplane mode.
    2. Start full restore.
    3. Let it stall at whatever (If it stalls. Mine tends to stall at 12%).
    4. Cancel the restore on the phone. Then close Link.
    5. Reset the phone (still in airplane mode).
    6. Start up Link again and do another restore.

At this point, the restore proceeds to 100% without a hitch. When I do the first restore, only the device PIN appears in the Link device tab. After I cancel it and start Link again, the device name appears there, and it goes smoothly. I don't know if these details are related, but I thought I'd throw them in, to sound like I know what I'm doing.

I also don't know how many of the steps above are voodoo; I've just found that this is what works on my Z10.

Thanks for the leak, Ibfe! And thanks to all others for suggestions of help. I can now go to San Francisco and know that when I return to Philly in two weeks I'll be about three leaks behind!

Is it a two-week vacation or a three-leak vacation?
    05-25-13 09:29 AM
    Running now 8 hours and no probs

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    05-25-13 09:30 AM
    How do you get your Password Keeper data back?
    I don't know if it was just luck, but when I went to restore I just selected Settings and my Password Keeper files were there. I did download Password Keeper first and it did not show the first time I looked, but went in sometime later (forced habit) and they were all there.

I had done a security wipe before, but need this to be clarified because I don't understand why I need to wipe it my self if the autoloader does this as part of its process.

BBX - I Said It!
    05-25-13 09:31 AM
    Wow. Just upgraded to .2009 last night but am having issues with my BlackBerry Link restore. Will go to this and try the restore.
    05-25-13 09:32 AM
    Running now 8 hours and no probs

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Yep. No overnight reboot while charging either, which is unusual for me.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.1.0.2342)
    05-25-13 09:33 AM
    Verizon bloatware
    Not gonna miss them. Use Tunein anyhow

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 09:36 AM
    im using it form 2 days on q10 with difrent radio and this on stl100-2 and all ok without problem

-Kris sorry no data on BB im traveling now

now im drinking Glenfiddich and enjoy with....
    Enjoy the single malt as much as we enjoy your leaks.

A big dollop of scotch and a big thanks.
    05-25-13 09:37 AM
    So I woke up this morning, and my Facebook/Twitter contact photos still refused to populate. I'm trying to delete and re-add the accounts at the moment, but the populating is still worryingly slow as it was last time.
    So, an update: with a bit of patience, most of the Facebook contact photos populated after readding the account, but not all of them (possibly bugged, I haven't checked if the photos appear under Links yet). I haven't really been bothered to fix them, because the contacts whom I actually speak with all have their photos populated anyways. Twitter seems to be populating somewhat well too. The issue clearly still needs fixing though, but oh well, I'm getting used to working around all the Contacts bugs in the interim.
    05-25-13 09:38 AM
    I don't know if it was just luck, but when I went to restore I just selected Settings and my Password Keeper files were there. I did download Password Keeper first and it did not show the first time I looked, but went in sometime later (forced habit) and they were all there.

I had done a security wipe before, but need this to be clarified because I don't understand why I need to wipe it my self if the autoloader does this as part of its process.

BBX - I Said It!
    You don't need to do a security wipe and it's not luck.

Posted from my Z10
    05-25-13 09:39 AM
    Mine was extremely laggy and acting up all kinds after installing this leak (more so than after any other previously installed leak), but that's to be expected with a fresh OS. You've got to give the OS some time to re-sync your email/calendar/contacts and re-index the system. For me, this took about 45-60 minutes. Since then, it's been smooth sailing and this leak has been the bomb! And to think I was running on leak 2009 Less than 10 hours ago!

Forget 10.2.... I wanna see 10.3! at the rate that these leaks are coming out, we should have that by Canada Day!!!

And thanks again to Kris and lbfe... you guys rock!!! I've never had so much fun with a BlackBerry before!

Posted via CB10
    Indeed, I concur

But I have started experiencing for the first time, browser freezing

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 09:40 AM
    You can now select a color for your text in emails! It's black by default.

What a cool little addition.

Attachment 165031

Posted via CB10
    I'm still running the. 1762 OS till now and guess what, recently i was replying an email and i discovered that on 10.1 we can edit the formatting on every email we reply as well! Yaaay!

Sent from my Z10 posted using the CB10.
    05-25-13 09:41 AM
    The sim unlock section is a bit different. It's less confusing if the phone is locked or unlocked.

Not sure which version this change happened on.

Z10 Leaked Full OS 10.1.0.2342 for STL100-2,3,4-img_00000007.png

Check out my "What Were They Thinking?" channel: C000BB092
    LazyEvul likes this.
    05-25-13 09:45 AM
    Any chance anyone knows if a bug having to do with the auto correct space bar setting still exists? When my drop down is set to "fix misspelled words " it still auto corrects correctly spelled words. Such as changing No to Ko. Or have to gave.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 09:49 AM
    So, after readding my Twitter account, I've ran into another bug. When I fire up the Twitter app, it asks me to Sign In even though the account is linked to the phone. Pressing Sign In takes me to the account page to update the password. I enter the password, press back, and it just shows an infinitely spinning circle as if it's trying to do something. Restarting the app doesn't help. Going to try rebooting the device. I believe I've had this bug several builds ago, but I can't remember how I got around it.

Edit: Yep, the reboot fixed it.
    05-25-13 09:49 AM
    Update: I tried yet again, and this time just let it reboot over and over while I took a shower. When I got out of the shower, I saw that after the 7th reboot the autoloader finally started to install the OS. The rest of the installation was without any problem.

The restore was also "smooth", i.e., it went according to the pattern I've seen in the past. In case it's of any use to anyone:

1. Put phone in airplane mode.
    2. Start full restore.
    3. Let it stall at whatever (If it stalls. Mine tends to stall at 12%).
    4. Cancel the restore on the phone. Then close Link.
    5. Reset the phone (still in airplane mode).
    6. Start up Link again and do another restore.

At this point, the restore proceeds to 100% without a hitch. When I do the first restore, only the device PIN appears in the Link device tab. After I cancel it and start Link again, the device name appears there, and it goes smoothly. I don't know if these details are related, but I thought I'd throw them in, to sound like I know what I'm doing.

I also don't know how many of the steps above are voodoo; I've just found that this is what works on my Z10.

Thanks for the leak, Ibfe! And thanks to all others for suggestions of help. I can now go to San Francisco and know that when I return to Philly in two weeks I'll be about three leaks behind!

Is it a two-week vacation or a three-leak vacation?
    Glad to hear everything worked out for you. Been following your mini crisis since the 2009 leak and felt awful for you. I hate that feeling when tech things start going south and we as "professional" amateurs have no real tools to determine the root cause other than the CB community (basically the blind leading the blind!). I commend you for keeping your cool but more importantly, for sharing your experience so that the rest of us may benefit from it if we should ever find ourselves in a similar situation.

Posted via CB10
    Legal Eagle and Steven Bolen like this.
    05-25-13 09:51 AM
    Question, is there a way to restore Password Keeper setting only?
    I like to start fresh for once but I need my stored passwords.
    Password keeper keeps them. Never had an issue

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 09:54 AM
    So, an update: with a bit of patience, most of the Facebook contact photos populated after readding the account, but not all of them (possibly bugged, I haven't checked if the photos appear under Links yet). I haven't really been bothered to fix them, because the contacts whom I actually speak with all have their photos populated anyways. Twitter seems to be populating somewhat well too. The issue clearly still needs fixing though, but oh well, I'm getting used to working around all the Contacts bugs in the interim.
    I had a similar issue last night where some of my most used contacts weren't pulling down pics from Facebook. I deleted and reinstalled my Facebook account several times, but there were always a couple that refused to populate. In the end I decided to switch off wifi and try it one last time over my network only... and that worked perfectly. Every contact pic populated fine. Maybe just a fluke, but worth a try in future.
    05-25-13 09:54 AM
1,508 ... 1112131415 ...