07-10-13 06:16 AM
675 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Is the boot time bug gone?

Posted via CB10
    HA! Bug!
    05-18-13 02:29 AM
    05-18-13 02:34 AM
    has anyone installed this leak and restored their phone from a backup? with past leaks everything was very unstable when restoring, but will give this a go if restores work!
    05-18-13 02:37 AM
    has anyone installed this leak and restored their phone from a backup? with past leaks everything was very unstable when restoring, but will give this a go if restores work!
    i did this and working all ok
    05-18-13 02:42 AM
    A big thank you from me - unfortunately I had some plans for today but the downloaded file is sitting in my computer waiting for me to install it.

I am looking forward to it

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 02:44 AM
    Hi IBFE, thanks for your hard work

Btw any chance for us stl100-1 users to get the new os? 1720 official sucks

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 02:46 AM
    im not understanding on how you load this os onto your phone? the file thats downloading is a RAR file and it says to run the EXE file?
    05-18-13 03:04 AM
    great thanks! downloading now
    So i have the exe file right now.
    I'm kind of 'scared' to load it because i don't want to mess my z10 up.
    All i have to do now is connect my phone to my pc and just let it do what it have to do ?
    already have a back up.
    I got to reload my backup OK with the last leaked version ( 10.1.0.1762). Just going to load the new leak up as soon as it's downloaded. I ''ll let you know if I can reload my backup OK after loading in the leak OK.
    05-18-13 03:15 AM
    I've just installed this from 1762, the first difference i notice is that the minor call bug is gone. If you made a phone-call under 1762 the first digit you pressed would be click like text typing, now all digits are dut like phone call - Very Minor but still....
    05-18-13 03:18 AM
    And why can't we have any for v1 users
    Or can we load this one too without any problems???

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 03:31 AM
    When I want to run the extracted file, a prompt(?) window shows for 1 second and then it's gone again. Any tips?
    I have windows 8.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 03:47 AM
    CAn someone pleas film how this exactly works? I do have the exe file but don't know how to load it
    05-18-13 04:03 AM
    im not understanding on how you load this os onto your phone? the file thats downloading is a RAR file and it says to run the EXE file?
    A rar file is a compressed file like a zip File. The exe is about 1,5 GB so to make things smaller and smoother to download it is compressed in rar format.
    You need a program to decompress it like WinRar (winrar.com) or 7zip (7-Zip).
    After unzipping the rar with one of these tools you have the exe they are talking about.
    05-18-13 04:03 AM
    So i did that
    Now how do i get the exe file on my z10 ?
    How dou you run it ?

Thanx in advance

A rar file is a compressed file like a zip File. The exe is about 1,5 GB so to make things smaller and smoother to download it is compressed in rar format.
    You need a program to decompress it like WinRar (winrar.com) or 7zip (7-Zip).
    After unzipping the rar with one of these tools you have the exe they are talking about.
    05-18-13 04:08 AM
    CAn someone pleas film how this exactly works? I do have the exe file but don't know how to load it
    Before you begin make sure that you have the following ready:
    - a WINDOWS PC/Laptop with the latest version of BlackBerry Link installed. Check your BlackBerry Link version by clicking the setting gear icon in BlackBerry Link. If you see a lower version number than 1.1.0.37 then update your BlackBerry Link software to the latest one before you do anything else
    - If using a laptop make sure that this laptop is fully charged or connected to a charger
    - a Z10 (battery should be charged at least to 50%)
    - a USB cable
    - your passwords to your Email/Twitter/Evernote/LinkedIn/... accounts as you will have to enter them again after the upgrade
    - about an hour of your precious time

Please don't expect that this version will magically enable the former bridge functionality with your Playbook. It won' t, as this has nothing to do with the Z10 OS version. The former bridge functionality will only come back when the Bridge app gets updated and the Playbook gets BB10 which will eventually happen "later this year" :-)

1)
    Connect your Z10 via USB and start BlackBerry Link. Do a full backup. Be patient that will take some time

2)
    After the backup is complete switch off the Z10 and close BlackBerry Link

3)
    Now start the exe you will see a command prompt window and the firmware gets flashed to your Z10. If you have set a password on the device the black command prompt window will tell you to enter the password. Type it in and press enter (you won' t see the password, thats normal)

4)
    Your Z10 will now boot up. When you see the welcome screen disconnect the phone from USB and do the first steps on the phone when prompted (choose language, accept terms, setup your WIFI connection, enter your BlackBerry ID, watch the example video, complete the gesture tutorial).

5)
    Now reboot the phone

6)
    Connect your phone via USB again and start BlackBerry Link

7)
    Restore your backup which you have done in step 1

8)
    You will be prompted to enter your passwords again.

9)
    BlackBerry Links does not backup any sideloaded apps so you have to sideload them again.

10)
    Enjoy the new firmware and be patient. Do NOT post immediately after your upgrade things like: "This thing sucks my battery", "It's laggish", "That was it for me going back to 10.0.xx"...
    Keep in mind that all your emails and other things have to be synchronized again. So Its quite normal that you will experience some battery drain and slower response on your phone in the first hours of use.
    Last edited by geodorn; 05-18-13 at 06:59 AM. Reason: added some info
    05-18-13 04:10 AM
    1)
    Connect your Z10 via USB and start BlackBerry Link. Do a full backup. Be patient that will take some time

2)
    After the backup is complete switch off the Z10 and close BlackBerry Link

3)
    Now start the exe you will see a command prompt window and the firmware gets flashed to your Z10

4)
    Your Z10 will now boot up. When you see the welcome screen disconnect the phone from USB and do the first steps on the phone when prompted (choose language, accept terms, enter your BlackBerry ID, watch the example video).

5)
    Now reboot the phone

6)
    Connect your phone via USB again and start BlackBerry Link

7)
    Restore your backup which you have done in step 1

8)
    Enjoy the new firmware
    Thanks a lot.
    Does this also take about 40 -50 minutes
    05-18-13 04:13 AM
    Does this also take about 40 -50 minutes
    I depends on what you have on the device. The backup can take up to 20 minutes, the restore again 20 minutes. Flashing the firmware takes only up to 2 minutes, so everything can be done in about an hour.
    RubenDM and brout like this.
    05-18-13 04:22 AM
    BIG BIG thanks for the step by step info !
    Succesfully loaded ! already had a back up so didn't need to do it again !

I depends on what you have on the device. The backup can take up to 20 minutes, the restore again 20 minutes. Flashing the firmware takes only up to 2 minutes, so everything can be done in about an hour.
    05-18-13 04:25 AM
    cannot put my backup on the phone
    05-18-13 04:36 AM
    Reinstalled the os, it's smoother now
    Last edited by avatsaev; 05-18-13 at 05:39 PM.
    05-18-13 04:37 AM
    Tunein radio never restores from backup - there's no icon. Anyone else find this?

This has happened during the last few leaked patch updates - I go into BB world and there's the open option so something has restored but it doesn't open.

Cant delete the app to reinstall as there's no icon.

What suggestions guys?

ta
    bb
    05-18-13 04:38 AM
    cannot put my backup on the phone
    Can you be a little more concrete? What exactly does not work?
    05-18-13 04:39 AM
    Thanks for the leak! But sadly the random reboots arent fixed on this version... My device just rebooted on a clean install with nothing added...
    05-18-13 04:45 AM
675 ... 56789 ...