Hey everyone, this is my first post, so please stay with me. I have a blackberry z10, about a few months old. I love the device, and to me, its the best device in terms of size, and ability that I've ever owned. I wanted to download blackberry 10.2.1, so I found the leaked version on crackberry, and proceeded to work it into my phone. It seemed to work fine, but the phone never rebooted. Instead, there was just the flashing led in increments of 2. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I tried reloading the old software via blackberry link, but the desktop won't even recognize the phone. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Vince
    12-11-13 11:13 AM
    Happened to my z10,
    This is manufacture issue/error from BlackBerry,
    Get your warranty and go replace it from the place you bought , you cannot fix that phone with link or autoloaders,

Close this thread mods

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055
    12-11-13 11:27 AM
    Try running the autoloader again. Be patient as it may take a while to reboot.

Contrary to the other poster, it is not a known hardware issue. But sometimes the autoloader fails.

Good luck.
    davinnyjk09 likes this.
    12-11-13 11:30 AM
    I bought it from amazon... It worked perfectly before I tried updating it.
    12-11-13 11:31 AM
    I bought it from amazon... It worked perfectly before I tried updating it.
    Are you sure you loaded the correct OS for your model? If reloading doesn't work it could be a corrupt download in which case just download the correct autoloader again and start fresh.

As a last resort, and if all else fails, you can take the battery out, start the autoloader and when it says connecting to boot rom attach your phone to the computer, without battery, until it connects. You can then re-insert battery while it is still connected to your computer and loading the os.
    davinnyjk09 and m1kr0 like this.
    12-11-13 11:35 AM
    The forums are your friend, and the search bar is your BFF. There are lots of threads where people talk about recovery of devices. I've had success with the battery-out method that LP suggests. Good luck!
    12-11-13 11:56 AM
    Ok, I'm downloading a different OS. Thanks LP, Appreciate it, and I'll keep you posted
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    12-11-13 12:00 PM
    Try this:
    1. take out your battery
    2. run autoloader
    3. when the ms-dos windows showed saying connected to bootrom, connect your phone (still without the battery)
    4. once the process started put in your battery back in your phone.
    5. wait until the ms-dos windows closed and see if your phone restarted.

Hope you can get your Z10 back

edited: LP-Rigg has mentioned it, just make sure you use the right autoloader for your device (STL 100-1/2-5
    Last edited by clie610; 12-11-13 at 12:18 PM.
    davinnyjk09 likes this.
    12-11-13 12:02 PM
    Happened to my z10,
    This is manufacture issue/error from BlackBerry,
    Get your warranty and go replace it from the place you bought , you cannot fix that phone with link or autoloaders,

Close this thread mods

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055
    Please ignore this guy's post above. The flashing light like that is rarely a hardware issue. It's actually very hard to "brick" one of these.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 12:05 PM
    Are you sure you loaded the correct OS for your model? If reloading doesn't work it could be a corrupt download in which case just download the correct autoloader again and start fresh.

As a last resort, and if all else fails, you can take the battery out, start the autoloader and when it says connecting to boot rom attach your phone to the computer, without battery, until it connects. You can then re-insert battery while it is still connected to your computer and loading the os.
    This^^
    From the error code (if displayed) you will likely get incompatible radio. OP, Check the downloaded OS again and then do what he said.
    davinnyjk09 likes this.
    12-11-13 12:11 PM
    Please ignore this guy's post above. The flashing light like that is rarely a hardware issue. It's actually very hard to "brick" one of these.

Posted via CB10
    Very good advice - Pretty sure I know who this guy is, but I won't spread any rumors here.
    davinnyjk09, NightSlayer and m1kr0 like this.
    12-11-13 12:12 PM
    http://nickdollimount.com/defaultMobile.asp

I will however.

Please let us know if you got it working.... in the worst case scenario you can reload the official is with the browser update on http://uk.blackberry.com/software/sm...elpage=desktop

If it won't help, let us know if fhe screen is completely dead and tell us what sequence the blinking does..... it is an error code.

Posted via CB10
    davinnyjk09 likes this.
    12-11-13 12:26 PM
    This^^
    From the error code (if displayed) you will likely get incompatible radio. OP, Check the downloaded OS again and then do what he said.
    flashing in increment 2 usually means soft brick, means you can fix it by reload OS, unless you got 1-3-1 increment...then it is hardware problem
    davinnyjk09 likes this.
    12-11-13 12:26 PM
    This happened to me on My first load ever. Turned out I loaded a q version on to my z10 lol . It's actually very fun, u learn a lot in the experience btw which model phone do u have?

Posted via CB10
    davinnyjk09 likes this.
    12-11-13 12:43 PM
    Thanks everyone! This is truly a great forum. I found out what I did wrong, and lets just say I feel pretty stupid. I downloaded the "radio" version of 10.2.1 for my phone.. I'm pretty sure thats what messed it up. I'm downloading the right one, and I'm going to try and re-download everything. once the download to my pc is complete. I hope everything works out, and I will keep you all posted. Thanks again!

Vince
    12-11-13 01:00 PM
    I have the z10 stl 100/3
    12-11-13 01:01 PM
    happened to me.
    dont worry.

make sure you downloaded the correct leaked os for you model.
    if you did, its probably a corrupt downloaded file.
    re-download the leak again. make sure the download is not interrupted.
    reload the autoloader from the new download. be patient as this OS Leak takes a bit longer to load. make sure you PC doesnt go into sleep mode while you're waiting.

It was scary for me, but my phone recovered!

Good luck
    davinnyjk09 likes this.
    12-11-13 01:20 PM
    Ok everyone, I would just like to thank you very much! my phone is running 10.2.1, and after a long struggle with myself, it looks awesome! This is the first time I downloaded anything leaked onto any of my phones, and it wasn't all that bad. Thank you all again, and consider this problem solved!

Vince
    clie610 and LP_Rigg like this.
    12-11-13 01:56 PM
    Glad to hear, now be careful if u are restoring back ups lol

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 05:41 PM