06-20-16 09:37 AM
32 12
tools
    You don't need to make in any clearer. I WASN'T ADDRESSING YOU!!!!!!!! And again, the thread was about leaks. Not about what a smartphone can do or not do.
    The thread started out about leaks. What started the controversy is the statement that BB10 is dead. That's what I was addressing. If it still works (and works well) it ain't dead.
    06-06-16 09:49 PM
    The thread started out about leaks. What started the controversy is the statement that BB10 is dead. That's what I was addressing. If it still works (and works well) it ain't dead.
    Yeah, OK! When it comes to technology, If you're not moving forward you're dead. How do you think Blackberry ended up in this mess in the first place.

The size of the remaining user base is so small at this point that no significant investment is going to be made in new handset/software development, and support for existing applications and services is dwindling
    Last edited by xtremeled; 06-07-16 at 01:36 AM.
    06-06-16 10:53 PM
    Yeah, OK! When it comes to technology, If you're not moving forward you're dead. How do you think Blackberry ended up in this mess in the first place.

The size of the remaining user base is so small at this point that no significant investment is going to be made in new handset/software development, and support for existing applications and services is dwindling
    There's no point in arguing buddy.

A lot of folk here are passionate about BB10 and don't want to give it up. They'll happily quibble over 'dead' vs. 'life support'.

You are correct IMO that BB10 does not have a future, and is from a consumer standpoint effectively 'dead'. Search 'RIP BlackBerry 10' on Google, and... well, you know what you'll see.

The 'my device works fine and I can still use it' argument is just a straw man. By 'dead' you were referring to the device market, not individual, existing owners.

Posted via CB10
    etnt7 likes this.
    06-07-16 05:32 AM
    I'm glad y'all know the topic, now can we stick to it?

OP, there hasn't been a leak in well over a year. Chen put a stop to it, and I can't blame him, regardless the fact I enjoyed the heck out of them. Since then, by rough guesstimate there have been at least 100 OS written, many of which have become official. One of the "Latest Spotted" faithful could tally up accurate numbers. Be interesting to see. I bet 30 or so 10.3.3 have been churned out for internal testing alone. The staff may be trimmed to a minimum, but they're busy beavers.

I recognize we've lost the excitement, and the future holds little promise. If that's what you live for, Android is probably more your cup of tea. Personally, I prefer to yawn, void the challenge of sifting through a sea of apps, to provide the basic functions built native into my Z30. That's my choice. I wouldn't begrudge anyone deciding they need the latest gizmo, two tin cans and string, or staying on their favorite BB10 phone for the next decade. It's all
    Vistaus and moyah8 like this.
    06-07-16 11:32 PM
    Unfortunately, with the abandoning of bb10, this will be my last BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    With that said, I'm testing android via CM13 on SGS5 for 2 months already.

My Q10 fell down on the floor last month and broke its screen. That left me with an android to use as daily driver since a month ago.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-11-16 12:10 AM
    Waiting for BlackBerry Rome.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-16 08:35 AM
    The Playbook died a long time ago, according to the logic of some here, yet low and behold, i use it daily and it still works for what I use it for. Sifting through millions of apps to try and find something useful is like playing candy crush, just a waste of time. I get the odd app that I download, hey it might be interesting or useful, then it sits there never being touched until I delete it. People are looking for toys to play with, then go buy a toy. I had a Priv to try for a few weeks, was excited about it really, then I found out first hand how invasive Android really is. I used to think Apple was bad, but google is brutal. I really don't know why everyone is so anxious for updates on any device really. They never really do anything that the average user will really notice anyway, most behind the scenes stuff. And this is true on any platform. I swear people just like updates regardless of what they do, just to say they have one. Oh look, a brand new shiny useless feature no one will ever use in the latest update, must have it. **insert eye roll here**. I will use my BB10 devices until they cease to function. As far as a new update for it, who cares really, it serves its purpose for me, and serves it very well.
    BigBadWulf and BoneMatrix like this.
    06-20-16 09:37 AM
32 12