I support official betas (be that public or private) and no so much on leaks. For a company that touts security as its selling point through and through, leaks imply lack of control while security is all about control. With Chen clamping down on leaks, I see that as a good thing while making more adventurous fans unhappy.
    08-03-14 01:24 AM
    Jc is a saint. May we must be crying and disappointed about a zero leak network, no. We have plenty to choose from this "cracked down" os.

The best by far is the most recent gold sdk everyone waited for bed few a leak, and hey, we got it, so now **** up and continue to load as much as you get, that's what you're for, your an early BB10 adopter who has had opportunities to join in on beta projects, conducted by be everyone, including BlackBerry. So feel included, because you are, they listen, just take a look at there most recent accomplishments.

Yeah the passport may not be out. Not nay the classic or other three phones. But the marker exposure and or adverts that's this phone has see prior to two loathsome before release is insane. No phone has seen this since the original iPhone, oh yeah we know how big of a flop that was, LOL

Well anyway. Enjoy blackberry as it is. Because it will not be the typical phone you know, remember it as a mobile pc, because that's what you've been testing for the oas two years, and of you have a Z30 and had the original Z10 then you know what I mean.

Blackberry as we know it is not the same, has grown trmenedsessly in 8 months, something I've been waiting for two years as a fan and investor, and this is the time, Canadian as it comes, the best of everything and diversity of a country you can rely on

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 01:57 AM
    It will come the Day, that i not show here @crackberry for leaks...

I think, for BlackBerry it is better, no leaks to give us. They want make a furious Operating System and no one should know, what they really do...

And then : Surprise, Surprise!!!
    08-03-14 02:11 AM
    Jc is a saint. May we must be crying and disappointed about a zero leak network, no. We have plenty to choose from this "cracked down" os.

The best by far is the most recent gold sdk everyone waited for bed few a leak, and hey, we got it, so now **** up and continue to load as much as you get, that's what you're for, your an early BB10 adopter who has had opportunities to join in on beta projects, conducted by be everyone, including BlackBerry. So feel included, because you are, they listen, just take a look at there most recent accomplishments.

Yeah the passport may not be out. Not nay the classic or other three phones. But the marker exposure and or adverts that's this phone has see prior to two loathsome before release is insane. No phone has seen this since the original iPhone, oh yeah we know how big of a flop that was, LOL

Well anyway. Enjoy blackberry as it is. Because it will not be the typical phone you know, remember it as a mobile pc, because that's what you've been testing for the oas two years, and of you have a Z30 and had the original Z10 then you know what I mean.

Blackberry as we know it is not the same, has grown trmenedsessly in 8 months, something I've been waiting for two years as a fan and investor, and this is the time, Canadian as it comes, the best of everything and diversity of a country you can rely on

Posted via CB10
    didn't understand anything here. You drunk?

Z10 STL100-2 / running official 10.2.1.3247
    08-03-14 05:04 AM
    People are stupid for saying that it's good for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Stupid? Really?

And BlackBerry is doing so well. The carriers do such a great job getting updates out in a timely manner.
    The features and bugs are all fixed.

I think people who deny reality are, as you say, "stupid".

How's that feel?

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    08-03-14 07:11 AM
    No issues?? How about all the bugs such as the huge keyboard bug (swiping doesn't work)..

Posted via CB10
    No issues here, trust me there would be more forums like there is for the other builds

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 02:12 PM
    It has been how many weeks since the last leaks?

To put it into perspective its been 39 days... That was the .700 bars too tbh...
    08-03-14 07:59 PM
    Never mind, I had delete my windows 7 system for month and only the mac osx.. only waiting for the OTA

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 08:03 PM
    I'm having trouble understanding how BlackBerry took away something that we almost all thoroughly enjoyed, yet people are so pro BlackBerry that they just immediately start defending their decisions.

Chen could shut down crackberry, and people would be saying "another great move for Chen, this dudes initials are JC just like Jesus Christ, he knew if someone said something bad about BlackBerry on the crackberry forums, it would hurt them, so this is the right thing to do."

It's ridiculous how much people worship these brands.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 09:50 PM
    I'm having trouble understanding how BlackBerry took away something that we almost all thoroughly enjoyed, yet people are so pro BlackBerry that they just immediately start defending their decisions.

Chen could shut down crackberry, and people would be saying "another great move for Chen, this dudes initials are JC just like Jesus Christ, he knew if someone said something bad about BlackBerry on the crackberry forums, it would hurt them, so this is the right thing to do."

It's ridiculous how much people worship these brands.

Posted via CB10
    It is also ridiculous how some think leaks actually help BlackBerry. Why would they want to look through threads where most of the posts are: "How's the battery life?", [Screenshot of new feature], "Found new feature...". Leaks are only good for those who install them, if you think they help BlackBerry you are mistaken.
    08-04-14 12:25 AM
    It's also funny how it's starting to look like there are some people who feel they're entitled to have leaks lol

08-04-14 12:34 AM
    Once the first Dev OS gets released, I don't think letting leaks out would hurt the company from a competitive standpoint. At that point, most surprises are out of the bag.

Leaks keep the enthusiasts engaged. Never a bad thing.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    08-04-14 12:43 AM
    It is also ridiculous how some think leaks actually help BlackBerry. Why would they want to look through threads where most of the posts are: "How's the battery life?", [Screenshot of new feature], "Found new feature...". Leaks are only good for those who install them, if you think they help BlackBerry you are mistaken.
    Because they do.

If BlackBerry releases a piece of software to EVERYONE, and it has a huge flaw, and their phones go down, that's a big deal. It's not impossible for it to happen.

If they let people beta test at their own peril, then it's going to be a smaller, more controlled mess, where people who are familiar with this platform are able to remedy it.

And yes, letting information out and building anticipation for new devices and features is a very bad thing! Good point.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 07:23 AM
    A nice 10.3 leak would allow me to try the call blocking apps - the lack of this feature is a major annoyance.

It would also let me know what if anything is being done about a variety of other issues with the OS.

Once it's released if the phone still dials by itself and takes a million pictures and duplicates contacts and loses contacts etc etc I'll be siting here wishing for a 10.4 leak I guess.

I'd be happy for any improvement at this point. So what if it's good for me? It certainly wasn't hurting BlackBerry by making me happy with al the leaks. The thing driving me to leave BlackBerry is Chen to be honest. He threw away the US market. Could care less about consumers. Once that guy is passed off he doesn't forgive. He does what he wants and not what consumers want.

BlackBerry could have been turned around if they went all in on developing the OS and then marketing the phones. Give them away for all I care. Go out in a blaze of glory with the hope of a turn around instead of dying for so long no one notices you're alive.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 09:29 AM
    A nice 10.3 leak would allow me to try the call blocking apps - the lack of this feature is a major annoyance.

It would also let me know what if anything is being done about a variety of other issues with the OS.

Once it's released if the phone still dials by itself and takes a million pictures and duplicates contacts and loses contacts etc etc I'll be siting here wishing for a 10.4 leak I guess.

I'd be happy for any improvement at this point. So what if it's good for me? It certainly wasn't hurting BlackBerry by making me happy with al the leaks. The thing driving me to leave BlackBerry is Chen to be honest. He threw away the US market. Could care less about consumers. Once that guy is passed off he doesn't forgive. He does what he wants and not what consumers want.

BlackBerry could have been turned around if they went all in on developing the OS and then marketing the phones. Give them away for all I care. Go out in a blaze of glory with the hope of a turn around instead of dying for so long no one notices you're alive.

Posted via CB10
    With respect, I don't think any strategy would have worked to go toe to toe with Google and Apple. Once those two decided they wanted into the smartphone market, the writing was on the wall in the consumer space.

Even at BlackBerry's peak, the likes of Apple, Google, Samsung, and Sony could spend more money on advertising in one month than BlackBerry had in its entire cash reserve.

Chen was smart to realise that it was a losing battle, and it was time to change direction and retrench in the enterprise sector before it was too late, and when BlackBerry still had some resources to channel.

All that said, I still see no reason to clamp down on leaks once the Dev OS has been released. Let us have our fun!

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    2Peks1Bird likes this.
    08-04-14 09:51 AM
    Because they do.

If BlackBerry releases a piece of software to EVERYONE, and it has a huge flaw, and their phones go down, that's a big deal. It's not impossible for it to happen.

If they let people beta test at their own peril, then it's going to be a smaller, more controlled mess, where people who are familiar with this platform are able to remedy it.

And yes, letting information out and building anticipation for new devices and features is a very bad thing! Good point.

Posted via CB10
    Then they can release an open beta... Leaks would be the most inefficient method of collecting bugs.
    Uzi likes this.
    08-04-14 11:32 AM
    Then they can release an open beta... Leaks would be the most inefficient method of collecting bugs.
    Agreed open beta
    Not closed beta..

Posted via CB10
    abramadhi likes this.
    08-04-14 11:33 AM
    You think BlackBerry didn't reach these forums?

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 12:28 PM
    Of course they have, I know it's wishful thinking but it would be nice if a more open beta did exist, for example one had to specifically go on the beta website and sign up with one's BBID as well as some verifiable info (maybe credit card info) and then from there sign an NDA.

I suppose it would be way 2much admin work with the amount of signups and approval etc..

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 01:17 PM
    The one cid is always close to the fire and even he can not release a leak, I know it sucks but there are things in life that are much more worse then not getting a leak

Posted via CB10
    theonecid likes this.
    08-04-14 01:20 PM
    You think BlackBerry didn't reach these forums?

Posted via CB10
    Nope, I'm defending my point that leaks/gathering information in these forums are in no way efficient.
    08-04-14 01:35 PM
    I'm not a Chen fan because I'm primarily a consumer-side customer and he is making BlackBerry less competitive and less fun than it could be. He's burned a lot of BlackBerry supporters with his "Enterprise Focus" but his destruction of native developers was probably the worst. Killing the leaks is just another value-destroying step, in my book.

More and more people are figuring out where Chen is taking BlackBerry and, for consumers, the news isn't good.

Z-30/STA 100-5/10.3.0.700+.296/T-Mobile USA
    chalx and johnny_bravo72 like this.
    08-04-14 01:54 PM
    I'm not a Chen fan because I'm primarily a consumer-side customer and he is making BlackBerry less competitive and less fun than it could be. He's burned a lot of BlackBerry supporters with his "Enterprise Focus" but his destruction of native developers was probably the worst. Killing the leaks is just another value-destroying step, in my book.

More and more people are figuring out where Chen is taking BlackBerry and, for consumers, the news isn't good.

Perhaps, but the consumer path clearly spells the end of BlackBerry. At least we will have something if this new enterprise retrenchment works.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    08-04-14 05:06 PM
    People are stupid for saying that it's good for BlackBerry.

Microsoft rolls out betas for Windows.
    Apple has beta runs for iOS
    Doom is entering beta in a few weeks.

Beta software is a beautiful thing. You take the small handful of people who are willing to deal with the quirks and potential issues of a piece of beta software, let them figure out what is problematic, and fix it before you release the software to the masses.

If Chen would set up a beta testing community for BlackBerry 10, none of the stupid issues would sneak past quality control because we would have already dug them up.

Posted via CB10
    I think it has something to do with carriers as well, not just BlackBerry.
    08-04-14 05:48 PM

That depends how you look at it. The way I see it is if he had kept down the consumer path he would have had to spend a lot of money in advertising phones which need 10.3.1 before consumers can take them seriously. Wait for the Amazon app store. Then it's a consumer ready phone.

At this point I think the hardware business will continue to slowly climb and find its way back to consumers with Amazon's help as well as through simply becoming ever more complete. Once that happens it will drive native development.

It's the only way BlackBerry can break their catch 22 with as little cash at their disposal as they have.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 06:43 PM
125 12345