02-04-15 02:02 PM
125 1234 ...
tools
    The leak lovers are actually a relatively small but very vocal and enthusiastic subset of BlackBerry users, so claiming that cracking down on leaks will drastically erode the fan base is not entirely true.

I think unofficial leaks can be problematic and bad for business, but I support an official OS beta program. They already do it for BBM.

Sent from my iPod Touch (3rd gen) using Tapatalk
    08-02-14 09:04 AM
    Blackberry is aiming for official and enterprise level of secure OS, leaks will give a bad reputation.

And beta programs can open doors to invulnerability.

Sent from my Q5 10.3.0.1071(just kidding)
    08-02-14 09:32 AM
    [QUOTE=Newfangled;10670580]The leak lovers are actually a relatively small but very vocal and enthusiastic subset of BlackBerry users, so claiming that cracking down on leaks will drastically erode the fan base is not entirely true.

Not entirely but somewhat...it is the vocal part that makes this small subset vital. Passion for the OS, what it can do and how it's improving and how quickly is what this subset wants to be talking about and showing off to their friends and co-workers. Not to say leaks are good (or bad) but what it has done is fan the flames for a vocal group who want to say great things about BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 09:51 AM
    We provide us as tester with all risk for free. And sometimes give good feedback.

So sometimes our voices increase the selling point

And we loyal to BlackBerry
    But business is business. BlackBerry always late to respond the demand. They released new things in decline of products maturity

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 10:08 AM
    Leaks were what kept me on BB10, initially. Fortunately, the OS has now matured to satisfactory levels and I am quite content with what's currently on the table and what is to come in very short order.

Posted via CB10
    Agree. The OS is where waiting for the most basic features/functions is no longer that much excruciating. I can wait for the official 10.3. Unless there is some new, super exciting feature on the way. I'd go on leaks again.

Z10 STL100-2 / running official 10.2.1.3247
    08-02-14 10:17 AM
    Well, the 10.3.1 Beta is supposed to be ready for this month so is possible that we could see a leak any time soon
    08-02-14 11:03 AM
    Leaks were what kept me on BB10, initially. Fortunately, the OS has now matured to satisfactory levels and I am quite content with what's currently on the table and what is to come in very short order.

Posted via CB10
    I am not. I want those nagging bugs fixed that have been around for what seems forever.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-02-14 11:12 AM
    They should allow beta testing "officially" through the beta zone. Just like android and ios.

Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.296

They have. It's just not as open. A ton of BlackBerry Elite members have been invited as well as some other 'regular' folks. You're just not hearing about it because they all had to sign their NDA's to have access.
    R Field and SteelGreek like this.
    08-02-14 11:14 AM
    BlackBerry = security. Leaks give that image a black eye. I just wish they would release updated bars or beta versions in beta zone/BBW for everyone. BB10 is awesome and some can't wait too long for new things!

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3253 CB10
    08-02-14 11:53 AM
    No leaks is good. Good for their competitive advantage. I don't think they really want the competition to know what they are up to. If you want BlackBerry to have more differentiating features then they must keep their secrets. Do not act so selfishly and say leaks are good when it's not.

Posted via CB10
    Competition do not give a ***t about an OEM that move few million units a year when they move same amount of units in a week
    08-02-14 12:04 PM
    If they are worried about the image the leaks give just call them developer samples.
    08-02-14 12:42 PM
    They have. It's just not as open. A ton of BlackBerry Elite members have been invited as well as some other 'regular' folks. You're just not hearing about it because they all had to sign their NDA's to have access.
    I want to get in on that sign me up
    08-02-14 12:45 PM
    I WANT 10.3

Z10 on T-mobile running 10.2.1.2947
    08-02-14 01:05 PM
    i'm in too!

They could do this as for the .700 provide a link on their website... for Alpha or Beta or Developer or whatever they wish to call this.

And continue to let us be voluntary guinea pigs.

Sorry for the misspells...

gotta go take a leak... )
    08-02-14 01:49 PM
    I'm in favor of leaks as it helps people keep up the buzz and finds issues that would otherwise go to wide release.

Those fortunate to have access to the latest builds and Passport have strict NDAS in place. It's hard to keep quiet though since there's so much great innovation going on, and features that are really useful in addition to amazing performance improvements.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 01:50 PM
    No he shouldn't...I have nothing against leaks but they tarnish the image of the company... haven't heard or seen iOS or Android leaking out before their launch dates (correct me if I'm wrong)... a leak may help with testing and feedback, but that's not how the company under Chen functions and we need to respect that.

Posted via CB10
    they both have full blown previews and blackberry has have baked dev previews (ios8, android L)

you can jailbreak an iphone and put a rom on android

all blackberry fanboys have is leaks to play with. We can't even put a new theme/skin on our phone yet because the api isn't open. So i bet the blackberry fanboy techies are getting very bored of their bb10 phones right now.

i'm in blackberry's beta program, where they only pick very few people and i have yet to hear about anything.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-02-14 03:00 PM
    Competition do not give a ***t about an OEM that move few million units a year when they move same amount of units in a week
    BlackBerry cares even if they don't. You don't respect BlackBerry if all you want are leaks

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 03:41 PM
    If carriers are testing something then competition knows what they are doing. Heck, I bet there are whitelisted devices sitting on desks in Cupertino, Mountain View and Redmond.
    Then it's the carriers breaking their NDA if they let others know. If you work for a carrier you are not supposedly to go around telling everyone you have X device and it does Y things. BlackBerry has done their job containing whatever they can.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 03:44 PM
    Wait, doesn't Apple control when an iOS version is released through the carrier? Is Android the same?
    I think that leaks are good, but only if they are complete OS versions, and not something like both 10.3's we've had in the past. I also don't want to have to wait for a carrier to test an OS version that Blackberry released 4months ago; something Blackberry should've negotiated for eons ago. If Blackberry was in charge of OS upgrades, then no leaks would be acceptable. But, that's not how it works, so, unlock the Port-o-Potty: It's time for a leak.
    08-02-14 04:06 PM
    Wait, doesn't Apple control when an iOS version is released through the carrier? Is Android the same?
    I think that leaks are good, but only if they are complete OS versions, and not something like both 10.3's we've had in the past. I also don't want to have to wait for a carrier to test an OS version that Blackberry released 4months ago; something Blackberry should've negotiated for eons ago. If Blackberry was in charge of OS upgrades, then no leaks would be acceptable. But, that's not how it works, so, unlock the Port-o-Potty: It's time for a leak.
    apple has a deal with carriers to release the OS directly instead of through a carrier

Android kitkat 4.4 is still rolling out so no they don't decide. (4.4 launch date was october 31st) people are downloading the Android L full preview before getting 4.3 or 4.4 update

regardless of what you read on this site, 10.3.0.296 is a full stable leak with no issues.

just wanted to clear that up
    08-02-14 04:16 PM
    Leak lock down helps. So that those bad minded with great talent hackers won't have a full updated BlackBerry 10 os sample to break down and play around with it.

Not only that. So everyone could have the updated at the same time. Some people complain about leaks because they think it is not fair. (they probably dont have the time and skill to load it)

- opinion

Posted via CB10
    Not just that, either. To me it suggests that Chen has been able to instill a new culture of competence in the company.
    08-02-14 05:03 PM
    No he shouldn't...I have nothing against leaks but they tarnish the image of the company... haven't heard or seen iOS or Android leaking out before their launch dates (correct me if I'm wrong)... a leak may help with testing and feedback, but that's not how the company under Chen functions and we need to respect that.

Posted via CB10
    Android always leaks the official OS's. Plus with Android there are developers that modify the OS and most of them are better than the official. Kinda like the old days of the hybrid OS for BB.
    I'm not saying it's better or worse, JUST SAYIN'
    I go back and forth between a Galaxy Note 2 and a BBZ30, they both have their pros

Edit / Delete Edit Post Quick reply to this message
    08-02-14 07:13 PM
    People are stupid for saying that it's good for BlackBerry.

Microsoft rolls out betas for Windows.
    Apple has beta runs for iOS
    Doom is entering beta in a few weeks.

Beta software is a beautiful thing. You take the small handful of people who are willing to deal with the quirks and potential issues of a piece of beta software, let them figure out what is problematic, and fix it before you release the software to the masses.

If Chen would set up a beta testing community for BlackBerry 10, none of the stupid issues would sneak past quality control because we would have already dug them up.

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree, an official beta program is what we need, non official beta testing (leaks) doesn't talk good about the company. They should bypass the carriers when a phone has been bought factory unlocked and give those the first update.
    saxxman likes this.
    08-02-14 07:53 PM
    I WANT 10.3

Z10 on T-mobile running 10.2.1.2947
    So do I.......on a new BlackBerry.
    08-02-14 11:04 PM
    apple has a deal with carriers to release the OS directly instead of through a carrier

Android kitkat 4.4 is still rolling out so no they don't decide. (4.4 launch date was october 31st) people are downloading the Android L full preview before getting 4.3 or 4.4 update

regardless of what you read on this site, 10.3.0.296 is a full stable leak with no issues.

just wanted to clear that up
    No issues?? How about all the bugs such as the huge keyboard bug (swiping doesn't work)..

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    08-02-14 11:09 PM
125 1234 ...