After suffering from slowdowns, app freezing, restarts, and battery issues on my Passport using an over the air update of 10.3.3, I decided to bite the bullet and use the latest autoloader to do a clean install. Wow! Anyone who has the above mentioned performance issues should do themselves a favor and try the autoloader OS install if they haven't had experience with it before and feel their device performance has suffered after an over the air software update.

My Passport now runs like a champ and all the above issues have disappeared. I was skeptical that a fresh OS install using an autoloader would make much of a difference for me, because I always felt that I have kept a relatively clean device and have use good practices about updates and restarts. Boy was I wrong. Noticeable difference.

One helpful piece of advice. If you restore a saved backup file using BlackBerry Link software, you may have re-occurring Hub notifications about "Account info Needed" for various applications you may have restored from your backup. I still had many of these notifications after I updated the accounts. Download Accounts Cleaner application from BlackBerry World to disable any old accounts you are getting pesky "Account info Needed" messages from if you shouldn't be getting them. It did the trick perfectly.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59956050
    CB-BB-BBM and iled like this.
    03-30-17 03:56 PM
    We have been trying to tell people that for years, autoloaders are the best.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    03-30-17 04:01 PM
    Nothing like a clean install to clear up all those little issues
    Jake2826 likes this.
    03-30-17 04:06 PM
    Warning: restoring with Link will often restore bugs as well. Stay away from it like the plague. Use Ultimate Backup instead.
    mh1983 likes this.
    03-30-17 04:15 PM
    This applies to many OS, not just BB10.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-17 04:48 PM
    i've had the opposite experience with my Passport.

Used Sachesi to update since early 10.3.2 days and many Beta Zone OTA's.

Already had .2205 on the phone but it was getting a little quirky so decided to autoload and just restore my text messages.

Since I did that, the phone does run like a champ, but my battery life has been far worse than it was before I ran the autoloder, and I am a week on from the load now.
    03-31-17 03:52 AM