How were we shafted? I have a Z30 that works much better than it did when I got it.
    Imagine you are someone who has just bought a new BlackBerry Classic for over $500 on ShopBlackBerry UK.

Upon receiving your phone you are informed that new BBM features like cross-platform video calls will never be available to you, and common social media apps will stop working at the end of the year.

Not to mention the fact that you'll never get an updated ART or any other meaningful software updates for your brand new $500 phone.

You've been shafted ... send it back for a refund. You're not a cash cow for Chen and the shareholders.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    09-16-16 10:08 PM
    Imagine you are someone who has just bought a new BlackBerry Classic for over $500 on ShopBlackBerry UK.

Upon receiving your phone you are informed that new BBM features like cross-platform video calls will never be available to you, and common social media apps will stop working at the end of the year.

Not to mention the fact that you'll never get an updated ART or any other meaningful software updates for your brand new $500 phone.

You've been shafted ... send it back for a refund. You're not a cash cow for Chen and the shareholders.
    That's a wild imagination, that someone just went online to buy a Classic, a phone years old, never researched anything about it, and expects updates as if BlackBerry has made promises of improvements you speak of. If they were taken, they took themselves.
    Hazo likes this.
    09-16-16 10:14 PM
    I'm fine waiting on the official release in 2017.
    09-16-16 10:15 PM

I don't think a single person who bought a BB10 phone in the last 2 years had thought it was all sunshine and lollipops.

If so, they were living under a rock.

BlackBerry has been upfront about not updating the ART, or bringing new features to the OS. Lack of app support is well documented, and even the tiniest bit of research would uncover this.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    09-16-16 10:19 PM
    For the minimal feature content involved, personally no.

Leaked 10.4 on the other hand...
    09-16-16 10:24 PM
    Actually, releasing 10.3.3 Now even without the certification would be a great idea because it would rescue those of us stuck in dev mode. Hm?

Passport!
    09-16-16 10:48 PM
    Actually, releasing 10.3.3 Now even without the certification would be a great idea because it would rescue those of us stuck in dev mode. Hm?

Passport!
    They should do the responsible thing and rescue the irresponsible? I don't know whether to laugh, smh, or cry.
    Hazo, Ecm and DrBoomBotz like this.
    09-16-16 10:54 PM

Passport!
    How could one be rescued from their own impatience/foolishness/etc?
    Hazo and Ecm like this.
    09-16-16 11:18 PM
    Indeed it will make me happy as I have 4 BB10 devices with me .
    09-17-16 12:38 AM
    From a business perspective, please complete this sentence:
    BlackBerry should continue to spend money beyond security updates on BB10, because...
    Not asking for any new features, but to make their own blood app in the same level as on other platforms...is it too much?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    09-17-16 02:01 AM
    Not really. BBM is a part of BB10. No development for BB10 = no development for BBM on BB10. Pretty simple.

Arguably, they already have 90% of it. Just not the portions you feel as though should be there.

Maybe they can't lol. Maybe they're hitting their own limitations of not supporting the OS fully.
    This makes me worried. I didn't care about whatsapp...facebook...even any other apps...but cross video in bbm was one feature I was counting on to hold on to my passport..

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    09-17-16 02:03 AM
    As long as the leak contains a fully working google play store integrated into the Android runtime. lol
    09-17-16 05:55 AM
    BlackBerry has been upfront about not updating the ART, or bringing new features to the OS. Lack of app support is well documented, and even the tiniest bit of research would uncover this.
    I would argue that BlackBerry have not been upfront enough about this. I still see posts in the 10.3.3 wish thread and other threads where people are asking for upgraded ART. Or dark mode. Or other various improvements.

I think BlackBerry has been intentionally evasive and coy about the whole situation. Yes they have published (on the developers blog?) that the ART is staying where it is. But they didn't use clear language, as in "The runtime will never be upgraded again", you have to read into it to get that.

Meanwhile they "don't rule out the possibility of another BB10 phone" and "are fully committed to BB10" et cetera.

The evasive / ambiguous language lets people read into it what they want. The optomistic and hopefull get strung along. Again, you see this in the posts here - people sure that BlackBerry will resurrect BB10 as soon as they realise their Android endeavors were a mistake.
    Rustiman likes this.
    09-17-16 07:08 AM
    As long as the leak contains a fully working google play store integrated into the Android runtime. lol
    But then the Google = Hitler crowd on here would be even angrier.
    09-17-16 12:58 PM
    But then the Google = Hitler crowd on here would be even angrier.
    It would stir up the OHA brigade on here, also!

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ιт > 
    09-17-16 03:56 PM
    But there is nothing to the update other than NIAP. You would just be releasing 10.3.2.2876 again.
    I thought that besides certification we would be getting bug fixes and security improvements. I don't give a flying duck about NIAP but I do care for bug fixes. My z30 has "features" that I choose to live with but would be happy if those issues were corrected.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-16 08:22 PM
    I thought that besides certification we would be getting bug fixes and security improvements. I don't give a flying duck about NIAP but I do care for bug fixes. My z30 has "features" that I choose to live with but would be happy if those issues were corrected.

Posted via CB10
    I doubt you will notice any other differences at all. You will get more from a clean install of your existing OS, than anything 10.3.3 will give you.
    Last edited by conite; 09-19-16 at 02:25 PM.
    09-17-16 08:38 PM
    I doubt you will notice any other differences are all. You will get more from a clean install of your existing OS, than anything 10.3.3 will give you.
    The clean install is what I've been putting off for a long time but I'm getting more and more annoyed with one "feature" that would likely clear up. My wives classic doesn't exhibit this particular issue. Just have to find some time for it.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-16 10:05 PM
    The clean install is what I've been putting off for a long time but I'm getting more and more annoyed with one "feature" that would likely clear up. My wives classic doesn't exhibit this particular issue. Just have to find some time for it.

Posted via CB10
    I haven't done a "clean" install since switching to BB10, nor used an autoloader in about a year. I think this "solution" is more placebo than reality. I'm not rebuilding my auto text, nor giving up my browser bookmarks, each of which is about 1,000. What is the particular issue? I've found a nondestructive downgrade/upgrade will typically resolve buggy behavior.
    09-17-16 11:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    It also has a new anti-phishing feature in the browser. But it's mostly NIAP and bug/security fixes. So yes, it's more than just a re-release of 10.3.2.2876

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red) <3
    09-17-16 11:49 PM
    I haven't done a "clean" install since switching to BB10, nor used an autoloader in about a year. I think this "solution" is more placebo than reality. I'm not rebuilding my auto text, nor giving up my browser bookmarks, each of which is about 1,000. What is the particular issue? I've found a nondestructive downgrade/upgrade will typically resolve buggy behavior.
    I'm starting to think that autoloaders and Blitz installations are the reason people need to run a clean install of BB10.

I've never used an autoloader on my Passport and have never ran into the same issues that I did on my Q10 that has received destructive and non-destructive update installations.

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ιт > 
    09-18-16 05:27 AM
    I don't think a single person who bought a BB10 phone in the last 2 years had thought it was all sunshine and lollipops.

If so, they were living under a rock.

Someone who used BB years ago, and saw one of these advertised (for example, a tourist in downtown New York who sees the BB shop), and decided to go for it - they are under no obligation to research Crackberry.com or consult BB official announcements website beforehand.

I think you are going waaay too far in trying to defend BB. You hold shares, right? Well guess what, companies don't get long term growth and good returns on shares by treating customers like crap.

That's a free lesson for today.
    dwatts26726 likes this.
    09-18-16 05:29 AM
    From a business perspective, please complete this sentence:
    BlackBerry should continue to spend money beyond security updates on BB10, because...
    (raises hand)

Ooh! Ooh! I know this one!

"...because someone on the Internet said so!"

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    09-18-16 05:40 AM
    Someone who used BB years ago, and saw one of these advertised (for example, a tourist in downtown New York who sees the BB shop), and decided to go for it - they are under no obligation to research Crackberry.com or consult BB official announcements website beforehand.

I think you are going waaay too far in trying to defend BB. You hold shares, right? Well guess what, companies don't get long term growth and good returns on shares by treating customers like crap.

There's no such thing as personal responsibility, and the old adage buyer beware ceases to exist. I *echem* love this lesson! Do ya have any more?
    09-18-16 05:41 AM

I wish someone, ANYONE, would tell verizon that then!

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    09-18-16 05:41 AM
103 12345