09-27-16 01:04 AM
103 1234 ...
tools
    Agree with one of the earlier comments and that relates to the old adage "you can't please everyone." So, while some will see this as a sign of fulfilling a commitment and maintaining support, others will see this as "no new features, the OS is dead". In other words, we are going to hear "biatching" either way. That is what we love here in the CrackBerry community.
    09-16-16 12:55 PM
    I agree. Leak or official, besides the ones who loaded the dev OS, it will bring nothing but confirmed angst to the growing #chenlies crowd.
    #chenliesmatter

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    DrBoomBotz, BigBadWulf and moyah8 like this.
    09-16-16 01:21 PM
    Just thinking, we don't see leaks since JC shut them down. Would we just be happy if there was a fully working leak?

Posted via CB10

No, they'd just be angry at the 'lack of changes' lol. I do wish one would appear, though, so I can get the PIN watermarks off my Passport SE I sacrificed for testing purposes.
    brookie229 likes this.
    09-16-16 01:42 PM
    No, they'd just be angry at the 'lack of changes' lol. I do wish one would appear, though, so I can get the PIN watermarks off my Passport SE I sacrificed for testing purposes.
    Just wanted to get ur comments about bbm not being updated in bb10, with number registering system and cross platform video call. U spoke a lot and convincingly about bb10. Would love to hear your share about bbm too...and just to add...bbm is already acting crazy in both my PP and Q10 sometimes even after a fresh reload through BlackBerry Link without any restore!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    09-16-16 05:10 PM
    Just wanted to get ur comments about bbm not being updated in bb10, with number registering system and cross platform video call. U spoke a lot and convincingly about bb10. Would love to hear your share about bbm too...and just to add...bbm is already acting crazy in both my PP and Q10 sometimes even after a fresh reload through BlackBerry Link without any restore!

What's to say? It's just more of them showing where their focus is. People get angry when others say BlackBerry isn't paying attention to BlackBerry 10 anymore but the same people who get mad are the ones asking where the features that made their way to Android/iOS are for BlackBerry 10 lol.

I love BlackBerry 10, it's a fantastic OS but the fact of the matter remains, it's not and never was a moneymaker for BlackBerry and it never reached the appeal it should have. Quite the opposite really, the OS cost them a ton of money and they've now flipped their focus.

BlackBerry 10 will live on through security updates and such but people need to accept it for what it is, not what it could be if BlackBerry poured more money into it. It's not going to happen. Even trivial to add features are not happening on BlackBerry 10 anymore, seemingly.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 09-16-16 at 05:59 PM.
    BigBadWulf and Ecm like this.
    09-16-16 05:43 PM
    What's to say? It's just more of them showing where their focus is. People get angry when others say BlackBerry isn't paying attention to BlackBerry 10 anymore but the same people who get mad are the ones asking where the features that made their way to Android/iOS are for BlackBerry 10 lol.

I love BlackBerry 10, it's a fantastic OS but the fact of the matter remains, it's not and never was a moneymaker for BlackBerry and it never reached the appeal it should have. Quite the opposite really, the OS cost them a ton of money and they've now flipped their focus.

BlackBerry 10 will live on through security updates and such but people need to accept it for what it is, not what it could be if BlackBerry poured more money into it. It's not going to happen.
    It seems u either slipped away from commenting anything clearly on bbm or u forgot about the question!

And yes...mostly everybody would be really happy if they could bring the entire (atleast 90%) of the Bb10 characteristics to android. It is surely a win win situation for BlackBerry fans.

But there are at the same time many people who doesn't want to quit on their BB10 devices. They neither need apps nor the funky games. All they want is the fluidity and functionality. Yes..one of the best function has already hit end of life (blend-they could have made a last update with all the latest bbm features,sticker support and bug fixes and then pull the plug). And we know our OS wouldn't be supported for long. But bbm, the trademark app of BlackBerry, why dont they care about it atleast and make it upto the mark with other OS?

Q10Bold and hhuber2001 like this.
    09-16-16 06:01 PM
    It seems u either slipped away from commenting anything clearly on bbm or u forgot about the question!

And yes...mostly everybody would be really happy if they could bring the entire (atleast 90%) of the Bb10 characteristics to android. It is surely a win win situation for BlackBerry fans.

But there are at the same time many people who doesn't want to quit on their BB10 devices. They neither need apps nor the funky games. All they want is the fluidity and functionality. Yes..one of the best function has already hit end of life (blend-they could have made a last update with all the latest bbm features,sticker support and bug fixes and then pull the plug). And we know our OS wouldn't be supported for long. But bbm, the trademark app of BlackBerry, why dont they care about it atleast and make it upto the mark with other OS?

If there were many people with BB10 devices we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    09-16-16 06:02 PM

Bla1ze's comments about BB10 apply equally to BBM for BB10. No more development going on.

PRIV STV100-1/AAG191 DTEK50 STH100-1/AAG326 Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.746
    Last edited by conite; 09-16-16 at 06:27 PM.
    09-16-16 06:11 PM

BlackBerry 10 will live on through security updates and such but people need to accept it for what it is, not what it could be if BlackBerry poured more money into it. It's not going to happen. Even trivial to add features are not happening on BlackBerry 10 anymore, seemingly.
    Yes, people have just got to accept that. Even those people that buy BB10 phones at full value from BlackBerry itself (many of which are going to get stung when the social media apps stop working soon), and who heard the All-powerful Chairman say that BB is fully committed to BB10. They've just to to accept that BB is full of dung and constantly lies, lol
    Q10Bold likes this.
    09-16-16 06:26 PM
    Yes, people have just got to accept that. Even those people that buy BB10 phones at full value from BlackBerry itself (many of which are going to get stung when the social media apps stop working soon), and who heard the All-powerful Chairman say that BB is fully committed to BB10. They've just to to accept that BB is full of dung and constantly lies, lol
    People are characterising "ongoing commitment" as something much more than it is, and then getting mad that it doesn't measure up to their own arbitrary definition.
    09-16-16 06:29 PM
    People are characterising "ongoing commitment" as something much more than it is, and then getting mad that it doesn't measure up to their own arbitrary definition.
    Would you like to use this opportunity to outline what your idea of 'ongoing commitment' is?

(Not to anticipate, but in passing I would simply like to remark that I can see now why BlackBerry has such a bad reputation.)
    09-16-16 06:40 PM
    Would you like to use this opportunity to outline what your idea of 'ongoing commitment' is?

(Not to anticipate, but in passing I would simply like to remark that I can see now why BlackBerry has such a bad reputation.)
    The only official commitment was for two security updates 10.3.3 and 10.3.4. They still have inventory for replacement devices, and continue to offer technical support. That's it.

Yes, they have missed the target date for the deployment of 10.3.3, but I do not believe this negates the above.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    09-16-16 06:52 PM

Not really. BBM is a part of BB10. No development for BB10 = no development for BBM on BB10. Pretty simple.

Arguably, they already have 90% of it. Just not the portions you feel as though should be there.

And we know our OS wouldn't be supported for long. But bbm, the trademark app of BlackBerry, why dont they care about it atleast and make it upto the mark with other OS?
    Maybe they can't lol. Maybe they're hitting their own limitations of not supporting the OS fully.
    09-16-16 07:30 PM

From a business perspective, please complete this sentence:
    BlackBerry should continue to spend money beyond security updates on BB10, because...
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    09-16-16 07:43 PM
    Not really. BBM is a part of BB10. No development for BB10 = no development for BBM on BB10. Pretty simple.
    BlackBerry recently released a BBM update, and to my knowledge is concurrent with iOS and Android. It had lagged behind the aforementioned platforms for a while, which is to mine, and many other's annoyance.
    09-16-16 08:01 PM
    The only official commitment was for two security updates 10.3.3 and 10.3.4. They still have inventory for replacement devices, and continue to offer technical support. That's it.

Yes, they have missed the target date for the deployment of 10.3.3, but I do not believe this negates the above.

It's going to be a hard sell getting anyone to adopt a BlackBerry Android, because people know from the BB10 experience that BlackBerry can and will shaft their customers at the first chance they get.
    Q10Bold and Rustiman like this.
    09-16-16 08:26 PM
    It's going to be a hard sell getting anyone to adopt a BlackBerry Android, because people know from the BB10 experience that BlackBerry can and will shaft their customers at the first chance they get.
    How were we shafted? I have a Z30 that works much better than it did when I got it.
    Hazo likes this.
    09-16-16 08:36 PM
    Not unless it brought new and improved features.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 08:40 PM
    Not unless it brought new and improved features.

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rences-995277/
    09-16-16 08:52 PM
    You want sell it cheap?
    09-16-16 09:14 PM
    You want sell it cheap?
    Ha.

As an aside, you can't turn off BlackBerry Protect / anti-theft on the 10.3.3 DEV OS. So, you really can't sell it.
    09-16-16 09:17 PM
    A fully working leak would definitely help out some people as already stated. I seem to be missing something with regards to the 10.3.3 release... why is the NIAP certification delaying the release? Why can't the os be released while BlackBerry awaits certification? If issues are discovered that are needed for certification, then do a patch release at a later time. Seems to me this whole delay due to certification taking longer then expected is just a cover for some more fundamental issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 09:36 PM
    A fully working leak would definitely help out some people as already stated. I seem to be missing something with regards to the 10.3.3 release... why is the NIAP certification delaying the release? Why can't the os be released while BlackBerry awaits certification? If issues are discovered that are needed for certification, then do a patch release at a later time. Seems to me this whole delay due to certification taking longer then expected is just a cover for some more fundamental issue.

Posted via CB10
    But there is nothing to the update other than NIAP. You would just be releasing 10.3.2.2876 again.
    09-16-16 09:40 PM
    But there is nothing to the update other than NIAP. You would just be releasing 10.3.2.2876 again.
    And causing confusion for those awaiting 10.3.3, who require the certification. I can hear it now...
    Chen - "10.3.3 is officially released, but if you need it, don't install it! Stay tuned for further details."
    09-16-16 09:44 PM
    Ha.

As an aside, you can't turn off BlackBerry Protect / anti-theft on the 10.3.3 DEV OS. So, you really can't sell it.
    I will gladly use his bbid
    09-16-16 09:52 PM
103 1234 ...