10-11-15 01:39 PM
57 123
tools
    I really wish you would just give it up concerning this issue. You have nothing constructive to contribute and still appear to be accusing people of having hardware issues when it is definitely a software issue. You come across as a know it all and if anyone disagrees with you, then you insultingly say "well I have never seen the issue". My research indicates that BlackBerry has modified the radio software to conserve battery power and has gone too far with it. They have degraded the radio performance and have not fixed the issue because they don't listen to user feedback. The official BlackBerry forums have lot's of people complaining about this issue which all of a sudden appeared with the 10.3.1 and up OS versions.
    It's a real issue, It's software and not hardware (10.2.x wifi performance is extraordinary) and you sir have no idea what you are talking about.
    What should we do to make BlackBerry officials hear about this issue? Beta testers might have known about this issue and would have write to them, aren't they?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 11:39 PM
    I really wish you would just give it up concerning this issue. You have nothing constructive to contribute and still appear to be accusing people of having hardware issues when it is definitely a software issue. You come across as a know it all and if anyone disagrees with you, then you insultingly say "well I have never seen the issue". My research indicates that BlackBerry has modified the radio software to conserve battery power and has gone too far with it. They have degraded the radio performance and have not fixed the issue because they don't listen to user feedback. The official BlackBerry forums have lot's of people complaining about this issue which all of a sudden appeared with the 10.3.1 and up OS versions.
    It's a real issue, It's software and not hardware (10.2.x wifi performance is extraordinary) and you sir have no idea what you are talking about.
    All I'd say is that if it was a software issue, then every phone would have the problem running on the OS you are having problems with.

That just isn't the case.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 11:49 PM
    All I'd say is that if it was a software issue, then every phone would have the problem running on the OS you are having problems with.

That just isn't the case.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-03-15 12:02 AM
    and you sir have no idea what you are talking about.
    How do we explain that none of my many devices suffered any noticeable loss of wifi strength after upgrading to 10.3?

I came up with a plausible answer that would bridge both of our observations - that perhaps 10.3 exposes some type of hardware issue on some percentage of devices.

09-03-15 12:08 AM
    I have version 2 of z30 and have the problem since 10.3.1. Have to be close to router. Cant go back from 10.3.2 so i get a data plan. maybe only some versions of this phone are afected with the software changes

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 03:55 AM
    Whatever made the WiFi issue click it should be treat as serious, it makes it practically useless, my Z30 is took apart by my old Nokia when it comes to network discovery
    09-03-15 04:18 AM
    Speaking frankly, at home, with same router, tp-link xxx (can't remember proper name), and 4 headsets (z30, nexus 5, lg g2, ipad 3), z30 looses wifi signal first at the back yard. never bothered to check proper measuremets with dB, so can't name the proper black hole.
    the winner of keeping signal is low budget lg g2
    thats my opinion.
    09-03-15 04:18 AM
    How do we explain that none of my many devices suffered any noticeable loss of wifi strength after upgrading to 10.3

I think problem is not the degradation of strength but about the 'range'. it starts losing connection at some distance from router where other phones not.

and that problem has really come with 10.3. In version 10.2 there was no issue with that and I have tried that too...........

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 05:11 AM
    maybe only some versions of this phone are afected with the software changes

Posted via CB10
    This would seem to be the only explanation that reconciles with everyone's diverse observations.

Regardless of the reason, it's nasty for many.

09-03-15 07:56 AM
    I have the same problem. I can't use the wifi at my home since 10.3.1. I have this problem only with my BB Classic. All every device at home work fine. The range of coverage for my BB Classic was reduces from 30 feet to only 12 feet around the router. And my router is very powerfull!!!
    At work same problem.
    At airport the same.
    With 10.2 and Q10 I have better wifi connection compared with my Macbook pro at the same location and time.
    With 10.3.x I can't connect with my BB Classic and with my Macbook connected.
    I have a lot of examples.
    It's a fact: There is a big problem with wifi and must be fixed!
    And I believe that Classic has worst wifi reception rather than Q10.
    09-03-15 07:58 AM
    WiFi performance is certainly not good.
    I have a 120mbps connection at home. My wife's iPhone / iPad easily reach this speed. I have a Z10 with newest leak and i only achieve 20-30mbps, even when I am 1 meter away from the router! I do hope Blackberry puts better Wifi adapters in their future phones!
    Mozdony likes this.
    09-03-15 08:30 AM
    I would like to contribute an observation about wifi on my Z30. Maybe it will solve some of the issues that are being discussed. I upgraded to 10.3.2.2639 the day the radio and debrick files became available. I used Sachesi 2.0 to make an autoloader and then did a clean install with no restore. All apps were reinstalled from Blackberry World and Snap and my phone was setup as normal. During setup, I only supplied the password for the 2.4 ghz band in my home and ignored the 5.0 ghz band which is also available from my router. Some time later I used the Speedtest app to check on wifi performance. I get a consistent 50+ megabits per second signal strength from my Comcast cable connection on both bands when there is no heavy use in my area. When there is, the 2.4ghz band is most likely to suffer some degradation but never below about 25 megabits per second.
    When I measured the performance on my Z30 I got a consistent 9 megabits per second download speed and 2 or less up.

I knew something was not right because past measurements showed an average of 20-25 megabits download and 6 plus upload. So, to make a long post longer, I went back and setup the 5.0 ghz band on the phone so that it could access both networks at my choosing. Thereafter, both networks measured a constant 20-25 megabits down and 6+ megabits up. I cannot explain what happened but it is true. Maybe, just maybe, this might help some with their issue. Let me know with further comments. Was this a software bug? I would think so. What caused it? I do not have a clue. Was wifi working well until I made the change? Nope. Is it working well now? Yes! Note, however, I have never been able to get more than 25-30 megabits per second down load speed on the Z30 and/or my previous Z10. That seems to be the best that they will do for wifi even though my router can supply twice that.
    Last edited by Mozdony; 09-03-15 at 08:11 PM. Reason: More information added
    09-03-15 09:23 AM
    I think z30 100-2 are having this problem and lots of Indian guys are facing it cause only sta 100-2 is being supplied in india. And yet again I stopped myself to update from 10.2.1 after reading this thread..XD

Posted via BlackBerry Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3442
    09-03-15 10:39 AM
    I think problem is not the degradation of strength but about the 'range'. it starts losing connection at some distance from router where other phones not.

and that problem has really come with 10.3. In version 10.2 there was no issue with that and I have tried that too...........

Posted via CB10
    Just out of curiosity have you checked your settings to see if those have changed. In some of the upgrades I have done there are some defaults that have changed and are you doing an autoloader wipe autoload or are you just doing a blitz or no destructive upload. And what distance are you really seeing it lose strength. My blackberry used to try to hold on to a signal halfway done the block from my house now it's about 50 feet from my house. Which is preferable I drive by a coffee shop and it connects but when I'm far away from my router or its trying to connect to a Hotspot it's wasting battery which I don't want. I do notice that android devices try to show a signal when there was none or little

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 10:58 AM
    No problem here, my router is one floor bellow, the other side of the house - full bars.

Keep in mind houses in USA are like "paper" made.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 11:14 AM
    [QUOTE=djsvetljo;11898076

Keep in mind houses in USA are like "paper" made.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

Lol...

09-03-15 11:22 AM
    I think z30 100-2 are having this problem and lots of Indian guys are facing it cause only sta 100-2 is being supplied in india. And yet again I stopped myself to update from 10.2.1 after reading this thread..XD

OMG, you're still on 10.2.1 just because of this WiFi issue.. unbelievable..!

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 12:20 PM
    So far no problems with my WiFi connection. I am solid upstairs and across the house from my router. I use an asus rt-ac68u router with ddwrt firmware with TX power at 95 on channel 6.

I remember in the past I had to upgrade the firmware on my old router because android devices would kill the connection, at least that's what the update said it fixed.

Hopefully people can find a solution to this problem and maybe it won't be as wide spread and double typing on some devices. But, just because I don't have the issue doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Maybe I'll mess with my router and see if it's a channel issue or something to see if I can replicate the issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 12:30 PM
    that perhaps 10.3 exposes some type of hardware issue on some percentage of devices.
    Again, no. Sorry to be so disagreeable but the problem is the radio software. Since 10.3.1. came out, so did this issue. Some radio versions are slightly better than others. Some devices are affected more that others. The Classic and Z30 share the same radio and they seem to definitely have the problem. The Q5 and the Q10 share the same radio and I can definitely confirm they both have the issue.
    It is not a "batch" of defective devices. I stand firm with my conclusion and time will verify this if BlackBerry finally listens to people and fixes it.
    10.2.x had outstanding reception on wifi on all devices. Period. Now all you see is complaints all over CrackBerry and the BlackBerry forums.
    Again, knock it off with the "I don't see it on mine so it is not a software problem". It is a software problem.
    BlackBerry obviously laid off the wrong people and probably can't fix it now.
    dnsathish likes this.
    09-03-15 12:30 PM
    Again, no. Sorry to be so disagreeable but the problem is the radio software. Since 10.3.1. came out, so did this issue. Some radio versions are slightly better than others. Some devices are affected more that others. The Classic and Z30 share the same radio and they seem to definitely have the problem. The Q5 and the Q10 share the same radio and I can definitely confirm they both have the issue.
    It is not a "batch" of defective devices. I stand firm with my conclusion and time will verify this if BlackBerry finally listens to people and fixes it.
    10.2.x had outstanding reception on wifi on all devices. Period. Now all you see is complaints all over CrackBerry and the BlackBerry forums.
    Again, knock it off with the "I don't see it on mine so it is not a software problem". It is a software problem.
    Exactly, it's my point too..!

Posted via BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 10.3.2.2639
    lift likes this.
    09-03-15 12:33 PM
    The only facts I know for sure are the following:

1) some people (percentage unknown) experienced discernible, functional degradation in WiFi performance (either connectivity, range, or strength) after updating to 10.3.

2) some people (myself included) experienced absolutely no discernible, functional degradation in WiFi performance after updating to 10.3.

This is what needs to be reconciled.

I am not discounting the observations of those in category 1. Please do not discount the observations of those in category 2.

09-03-15 12:38 PM
    OMG, you're still on 10.2.1 just because of this WiFi issue.. unbelievable..!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I am.... the update is not worth loosing my wifi connectivity and I have heard of other issues also like the phone dialler lag etc. Anyways if even I decide to update I will first update to 10.3.1 cause then I can come back to 10.2.1 or if there's a major update that has fixed all the problems. After all if there will be no wifi on my phone it will be very difficult for me to do all the research and projects in college.

lift likes this.
    09-03-15 01:45 PM
    The only facts I know for sure are the following:

1) some people (percentage unknown) experienced discernible, functional degradation in WiFi performance (either connectivity, range, or strength) after updating to 10.3.

2) some people (myself included) experienced absolutely no discernible, functional degradation in WiFi performance after updating to 10.3.

This is what needs to be reconciled.

I am not discounting the observations of those in category 1. Please do not discount the observations of those in category 2.

It could also be the router and bands the router is using

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 07:06 PM
    When BlackBerry released the pp silver, they stated they had improved the antenna.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 05:46 AM
    Guys cut some slack to Conite!! Not that he is involved in OS development. If he never faced any problem with WiFi then many many others haven't either. The gripe is against Blackberry developers so your ire should be directed at them. I have raised the issue on BB support forums and Blackberry India do not offer any log submission for investigation.
    For the record I am not happy with WiFi and Radio reception since 10.3.2 either, on my 2339 leak it was so bad that I had side-load radio 859 to have a battery that lasted me a whole day plus. Earlier on I was happy camper with nearly 2 days worth battery life on my Passport.
    Running earlier 10.2.1xx I was using an old Dlink Wifi router with single 3db omni directional antenna and never had a problem with Wifi even on 3rd floor of my concrete walled house. Around that time I became a leak fiend, loaded latest leak and in quest for a better signal signal and also changed my WIFi to a TP Link 5db double antenna. Now I struggle with WiFi even on second floor with settings fixed at 2.4 Mhz for a constant signal. -40db strength is something I get only in the 10 feet radius of line of sight from the WiFi.
    Blackberry have obviously screwed up something big time with radio files since 10.3.2xx
    dnsathish and lift like this.
    09-04-15 07:12 AM
57 123