10-11-15 01:39 PM
57 123
tools
    I own Z30 STA100-2. I was very much satisfied with the WiFi Connectivity on 10.2.1.xxx which I could call it as the best. Since I updated my device to 10.3.1.xxx I really suffer with the WiFi Connectivity. I get full WiFi bar only when I'm closer to the router. I started installing leaks to see there would be a fix for this, but still (OS version 10.3.2.2639) no fix.
    Do anyone have a solution for this?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 09:13 AM
    First off, don't confuse number of bars with signal strength - it's just a graphic.

Second, although I've never had any WiFi issues on my Z30 on countless routers in countless places, some seem to have ongoing issues.

Assuming you've already tried a clean install with no restore, I would suggest adjusting your router settings. Set your router to 2.4GHz, N only, WPA2 encryption, and 20MHz channel width.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-02-15 09:27 AM
    I don't just confirm with the signal bars. I've also been monitoring the signal strength in dBm. I always clean install using autoloader and I never restore. And moreover I tried all the changes in router including yours, but still I never got a consistent WiFi connection.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 09:59 AM
    I don't just confirm with the signal bars. I've also been monitoring the signal strength in dBm. I always clean install using autoloader and I never restore. And moreover I tried all the changes in router including yours, but still I never got a consistent WiFi connection.

Posted via CB10
    Well, as all the Z30s (all -5 variants mind you) around me have never had WiFi issues on any OS, I can only speculate that there must be a production range of devices that have some type of hardware fault that only manifests itself on OS 10.3 and above. If I must accept that this issue exists, then I can see no other explanation.

09-02-15 10:05 AM
    Well, as all the Z30s (all -5 variants mind you) around me have never had WiFi issues on any OS, I can only speculate that there must be a production range of devices that have some type of hardware fault that only manifests itself on OS 10.3 and above. If I must accept that this issue exists, then I can see no other explanation.

I agree. There are also a lot of Z10 users that complain of wi-fi issues. Yet, I've never had any issues with any OS I've tried in the two years I've had this phone. No single OS has made a difference one way or the other in connection reliability to either the mobile network or to wi-fi networks. It's always been good.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 10:20 AM
    What band is your WiFi on? 2.4 MHz is the most reliable, if you have both frequencies try 2.4 over 5 MHz and see if that makes a difference.
    09-02-15 11:18 AM
    well, there are some issues with wifi in10.3.
    I mean two devices at same distance one with android with lower specifications and other one blackberry z3 with os10.3.1 were acting differently. Where blackberry's connection was fluctuating, android was connected to it smoothly.
    so what do u think about it?

Posted via CB10
    theGUNNER likes this.
    09-02-15 02:52 PM
    well, there are some issues with wifi in10.3.
    I mean two devices at same distance one with android with lower specifications and other one blackberry z3 with os10.3.1 were acting differently. Where blackberry's connection was fluctuating, android was connected to it smoothly.
    so what do u think about it?

Posted via CB10
    So your experiment involves a sample size of ONE, which leads you to the obvious conclusion "there are some issues with WiFi in 10.3"?

I personally have never had any issues with any of my BB10 devices (and there are many), on any OS, on any router, anywhere. I stop short of asserting that "there are no issues with WiFi on 10.3" however.

09-02-15 03:12 PM
    So you all confirm that only few of us have this issue. In this case I would like to know whether it's region based issue? Do Blackberry phones manufactured to India have this issue?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 03:30 PM
    So you all confirm that only few of us have this issue. In this case I would like to know whether it's region based issue? Do Blackberry phones manufactured to India have this issue?

Posted via CB10
    I make no representations as to what percentage of people have an issue. I find it curious however, that every device I have ever touched doesn't. Unfortunately, that also means I have never had the opportunity to troubleshoot the issue myself.

It appears that this WiFi issue has been reported in a seemingly random manner - across devices, carriers, and regions.

Last edited by conite; 09-02-15 at 05:14 PM.
    dnsathish likes this.
    09-02-15 03:43 PM
    What's the use of changing router settings when the issue is with the device.? Other phones like android and windows are working great with the same router settings.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 03:46 PM
    So your experiment involves a sample size of ONE, which leads you to the obvious conclusion "there are some issues with WiFi in 10.3"?

I personally have never had any issues with any of my BB10 devices (and there are many), on any OS, on any router, anywhere. I stop short of asserting that "there are no issues with WiFi on 10.3" however.

It's not about how many devices have been involved in the experiment. But, the point is even the phone with all specifications lower than a blackberry is performing well on wifi connection.
    I don't know whether it's hardware or software problem but the wifi connection range of blackberry phone is obviously less than other devices upto my experience.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 03:54 PM
    What's the use of changing router settings when the issue is with the device.? Other phones like android and windows are working great with the same router settings.

Posted via CB10
    Presumably you spend the majority of your time beside a router that you control. Home? Work?

09-02-15 03:54 PM
    It's not about how many devices have been involved in the experiment. But, the point is even the phone with all specifications lower than a blackberry is performing well on wifi connection.
    I don't know whether it's hardware or software problem but the wifi connection range of blackberry phone is obviously less than any other devices upto my experience.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 03:57 PM
    I don't know whether it's hardware or software problem but the wifi connection range of blackberry phone is obviously less than any other devices upto my experience.

Posted via CB10
    That only proves something might be wrong with YOUR phone. Maybe hardware, maybe software, maybe how you performed the update.

09-02-15 03:59 PM
    I find it curious however, that every device I have ever touched doesn't.
    Just because YOU haven't seen it, or maybe you are just not aware of it does not mean It is not a real issue for a ton of people. I have the issue also. I play around with various phones (android, Windows, BlackBerry) and I have and still do see the major difference in the lower signal strength and inability of Blackberry devices to hold a connection where others do on wifi.
    If you do not have the issue, maybe you should refrain from commenting on it because you seem to be coming across as condescending and assuming people don't know what they are talking about.
    Are you some kind of RF, WiFi, or Router expert?
    amitshekhar93 likes this.
    09-02-15 04:01 PM
    Just because YOU haven't seen it, or maybe you are just not aware of it does not mean It is not a real issue for a ton of people. I have the issue also. I play around with various phones (android, Windows, BlackBerry) and I have and still do see the major difference in the lower signal strength and inability of Blackberry devices to hold a connection where others do on wifi.
    If you do not have the issue, maybe you should refrain from commenting on it because you seem to be coming across as condescending and assuming people don't know what they are talking about.
    Are you some kind of RF, WiFi, or Router expert?
    See all my posts in this thread. Particularly #4, and #8.

I expressly stated that although I haven't been able to repeat the problem, I would not say that the problem didn't exist, and admitted that many people have reported it.

I even suggested that select batches of devices may in fact have hardware faults.

In a bit of irony, I'm arguing against the very thing you are incorrectly attributing to me - assuming that every device is the same as my device.

Last edited by conite; 09-02-15 at 04:23 PM.
    09-02-15 04:08 PM
    See all my posts in this thread. Particularly #4, and #8.

I expressly stated that although I haven't been able to repeat the problem, I would not say that the problem didn't exist, and admitted that many people have reported it.

I even suggested that select batches of devices may in fact have hardware faults.

Again, I stand by my comments and say that it's a real issue and it's a software issue. How can the SAME device using the SAME router have such a drastic change with wifi performance when NOTHING else changed besides the OS version.
    I have seen this myself and I am sure that I am much better educated in this field and type of issue than you are.
    I suppose that the reduced notification volume on certain devices was not a software or real issue either. I had that problem too.
    Let's just leave it at that.
    09-02-15 04:27 PM
    That only proves something might be wrong with YOUR phone. Maybe hardware, maybe software, maybe how you performed the update.

So u wanna say that those people reporting this problem have something wrong with their phones and if it is then this is a serious issue for blackberry.
    If it is a software problem, then this is what we were saying in this thread from starting.........
    And if u wanna feel the situation, then do what i have done which u called an experiment(at some distance from router where ur blackberry shows some less signal).

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 04:30 PM
    Again, I stand by my comments and say that it's a real issue and it's a software issue. How can the SAME device using the SAME router have such a drastic change with wifi performance when NOTHING else changed besides the OS version.
    I have seen this myself and I am sure that I am much better educated in this field and type of issue than you are.
    I suppose that the reduced notification volume on certain devices was not a software or real issue either. I had that problem too.
    Let's just leave it at that.
    As I said in post#4, it is possible that batches of devices have a hardware problem that only manifests itself when using OS 10.3 or above. If you recall, this happened with the famous blue LED issue as well.

I have seen no degradation on my wifi signal regardless of OS, so I can't think of any other plausible explanation.

09-02-15 04:30 PM
    So u wanna say that those people reporting this problem have something wrong with their phones and if it is then this is a serious issue for blackberry.
    If it is a software problem, then this is what we were saying in this thread from starting.........
    And if u wanna feel the situation, then do what i have done which u called an experiment(at some distance from router where ur blackberry shows some less signal).

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 04:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    See my post right above yours.

I have done a number of tests of my WiFi compared to other devices. My various BlackBerry devices have both won and lost many of those connectivity battles with other Android and Apple devices - sometimes results varied in different locations in the same room. I really don't think these types of tests prove a whole lot really.

09-02-15 04:38 PM

I have done many tests of my WiFi compared to other devices. My various BlackBerry devices have both won and lost many of those connectivity battles with other Android and Apple devices - sometimes results varied in different locations in the same room.

Ok then it seems good luck for u. have fun.

Hey i have some problems with my keyboard's predictions and gestures. Where should i create a thread for it?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 04:47 PM
    Ok then it seems good luck for u. have fun.

Hey i have some problems with my keyboard's predictions and gestures. Where should i create a thread for it?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 04:47 PM

I have done a number of tests of my WiFi compared to other devices. My various BlackBerry devices have both won and lost many of those connectivity battles with other Android and Apple devices - sometimes results varied in different locations in the same room. I really don't think these types of tests prove a whole lot really.

I really wish you would just give it up concerning this issue. You have nothing constructive to contribute and still appear to be accusing people of having hardware issues when it is definitely a software issue. You come across as a know it all and if anyone disagrees with you, then you insultingly say "well I have never seen the issue". My research indicates that BlackBerry has modified the radio software to conserve battery power and has gone too far with it. They have degraded the radio performance and have not fixed the issue because they don't listen to user feedback. The official BlackBerry forums have lot's of people complaining about this issue which all of a sudden appeared with the 10.3.1 and up OS versions.
    It's a real issue, It's software and not hardware (10.2.x wifi performance is extraordinary) and you sir have no idea what you are talking about.
    09-02-15 11:08 PM
57 123