BlackBerry should implement this feature.

Posted via CB10
    resurrection_cze likes this.
    12-24-13 02:15 PM
    Chances are very good that your carrier already has mechanisms in place for blocking unwanted calls/texts. Ask em.
    12-24-13 02:31 PM
    They do not I have asked

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 03:25 PM
    I think most carriers do, that's why it hasn't been developed on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 05:12 PM
    Verizon lets you block five numbers for a period of time (90 days, I think) for free but charges for a more complete feature set.

I, too, would like for this to be handled in the device.

...and for it to block wildcards, as well.
    12-25-13 12:47 PM
    in parental controls you can set it to block unknown numbers from texting or calling you
    12-25-13 12:59 PM
    As well, for those that do not subscribe to a sms plan, whether or not your phone indicates a message being received, as long as the message is delivered to the device you are paying for it. Same as incoming calls, especially prepaid, balance will be taken upon the receiving of any phone call or sms message. Unless your carrier provides a means of stopping the communication at the network level, you are paying.
    12-25-13 01:45 PM
    On the down side, most calls I receive are from unknown numbers (company customers). What I want to block are 800-type numbers and when I get those annoying calls for vzw###.com five or ten times on some days. Ring me one, but then no more.

Thankfully I do not have a text problem. Plus I didn't realize that unanswered calls got billed these days. Your points are certainly valid for those on metered services.
    12-25-13 02:05 PM
    As well, for those that do not subscribe to a sms plan, whether or not your phone indicates a message being received, as long as the message is delivered to the device you are paying for it. Same as incoming calls, especially prepaid, balance will be taken upon the receiving of any phone call or sms message. Unless your carrier provides a means of stopping the communication at the network level, you are paying.
    Which carrier are you on ? I've never heard of a carrier charging for recieving a call or text unless on roaming incase of which, calls can only be ignored and not blocked as the actual provider keeps changing based on location and tie-up of home base provider with local providers.
    12-25-13 02:12 PM
    02 UK do not have this feature and iPhone have just implement this feature on ios 7

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 02:25 PM
    Which carrier are you on ? I've never heard of a carrier charging for recieving a call or text unless on roaming incase of which, calls can only be ignored and not blocked as the actual provider keeps changing based on location and tie-up of home base provider with local providers.
    I'm actually on rogers. My point was for prepaid customers. If a call is ignored and not transferred to voice mail by the system it is charged for 1 minute at least.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 02:26 PM
    When BlackBerry releases the updated Phone SDK for BB10, then apps will be able to access incoming phone numbers and can blacklist or whitelist them, hopefully this happens soon as it has been at the top of my wish list for some time now.
    12-25-13 02:38 PM
    That'd be nice.
    12-25-13 08:09 PM