i am 29 years old and my eyes in their best shape i guess but this phone in dark places makes watching vedio boring is blackberry trying to say if you trying to read/watch/type in a dark room JUST DON'T???> how this phone was made for business users as long we cant see anything on it in dark places and the dark theme makes things just worst ...am getting a q5 as soon as it comes out at least it has LCD screen ....and selling my q10 if they don't add an auto brightness as an OPTION ...

will the Q10 get an auto brightnness togle anytime soon?
    06-25-13 02:01 AM
    Why exactly can't you operate the brightness slide in the settings menu...?

#firstworldproblems

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 02:27 AM
    Strange...I have a Z10 and it doesn't have an AUTO setting. it just does it by itself.

SILENCE!!! For I have spoken...
    06-25-13 06:36 AM
    I have both a Z10 and a DAC (Q10 in a cheap development plastic case), I also have a bold 9900 and a playbook. The Z10, Bold 9900 and playbook all have about the same brightness at the highest setting. The Q10, which has and amoled screen, is noticebly darker and harder to read in most lighting conditions. For me it would be a deal breaker if I was consdering to retire my Bold 9900 as my workhorse phone.

Amoled screens and advanced auto dimming algorithms may save battery life, but that is a choice I would like to make. Without it I will not move to the Q10.
    06-25-13 06:46 AM
    Whenever gave a great definition. If you search crackberry, they (Kevin I think) wrote a great article explaining the technology behind it.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 09:07 AM
    I always run my Z10 on the lowest brightness setting unless I am in direct sunlight then it gets 30-50%

With my Q10 I run it at about 50% brightness due to the screen and darker theme which is fine as the battery still lasts great on 50% only downside is that cannot really see the Q10 well with sunglasses on unless it's at 100% brightness (even then it's less than ideal)

I'm not very concerned by this as when I am outside on a bright sunny day I am not usually texting or browsing the net, but this does seem to be a weakness in the screen technology, granted one I can live with.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 11:12 AM
    To use amoled screen was a big mistake by blackberry. But since it's here and it's too late. We would lovEEE blackberry to give us the option to enable or disable the auto brightness mode. For god sake any stupid phone on the market has this option. Sony. Samsung. Iphone. Nokia. Etccc. And some of these company uses LCD. And amoled screen in their product. .....
    06-25-13 02:48 PM
    Strange...I have a Z10 and it doesn't have an AUTO setting. it just does it by itself.

SILENCE!!! For I have spoken...
    For some reason mine does the exact same thing. In the light it brightens and in the dark it darkens. Really weird. I never touch the slider in my settings.
    06-25-13 07:12 PM
    The Q10 HAVE auto brightness, it's just not an option, Always on. If you set it at for example at 50% and use a strong light on the screen it will get lighter.. Mine does...
    06-26-13 01:09 AM
    yes but the 1 mi dollar qustion is (( is blackberry able to add that as an option for us ...yes or no ...anyone?
    06-26-13 01:49 AM
    For some reason mine does the exact same thing. In the light it brightens and in the dark it darkens. Really weird. I never touch the slider in my settings.
    This is how auto brightness works. If it's bright out the screen needs to brighten to compete against other light sources (ie. direct sunlight) but if it's dark it dims for easy readability and power savings. But I guess it's nice to have an option to turn that off but not a big deal for me. I'd rather BBRY focus on other features and fixes!
    06-26-13 02:41 PM
    Q-10 screen is horrible. I returned it and purchased the Z-10 an boom, i can read in any light. They need an update to remove that auto feature. It just makes the phone not worth buying at all. Almost impossible to read in any light.
    06-26-13 02:55 PM
    Q-10 screen is horrible. I returned it and purchased the Z-10 an boom, i can read in any light. They need an update to remove that auto feature. It just makes the phone not worth buying at all. Almost impossible to read in any light.
    I've held a few Q10s already and never had issues with the screen. Maybe you need to turn up the brightness?

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 03:30 PM
    This is how auto brightness works. If it's bright out the screen needs to brighten to compete against other light sources (ie. direct sunlight) but if it's dark it dims for easy readability and power savings. But I guess it's nice to have an option to turn that off but not a big deal for me. I'd rather BBRY focus on other features and fixes!
    Pretty sure I know what auto brightness is.. I was just saying how nice it was to have it even though we "technically" don't have an auto brightness setting
    06-27-13 04:28 AM
    Pretty sure I know what auto brightness is.. I was just saying how nice it was to have it even though we "technically" don't have an auto brightness setting
    Lol sorry my sarcasm detector must have been broken that day!

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 11:54 AM
    Lol sorry my sarcasm detector must have been broken that day!

Posted via CB10
    <3
    06-27-13 07:44 PM