Just wondering if we'll ever have something like cyanogen mod for bb10/z10 ? It'd be awesome to have people put in their additions to make the platform even better.

What would it take?
    05-18-13 11:38 AM
    Just wondering if we'll ever have something like cyanogen mod for bb10/z10 ? It'd be awesome to have people put in their additions to make the platform even better.

What would it take?
    its a good thought, but it would never happen security matters with Blackberry amd the bootloader will never be unlocked it is completely locked down.
    05-18-13 11:39 AM
    But isn't that the same thing with some android devices for enterprises? What if we choose to opt in? I mean we already have leaked os's?

Thanks for your input, I just feel where bbos10 now, with so many people out there who would be willing to modify, could probably come up with fantastic mods.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 10:17 PM
    But isn't that the same thing with some android devices for enterprises? What if we choose to opt in? I mean we already have leaked os's?

Thanks for your input, I just feel where bbos10 now, with so many people out there who would be willing to modify, could probably come up with fantastic mods.

Posted via CB10
    I would think that the android version for that is also locked down.
    05-18-13 10:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    we have leaked OS's that are signed. because pbos and bb10 have locked bootloaders they cannot run unsigned code
    05-18-13 10:21 PM

What would it take?
    Would be nice. XDA is one of the MAJOR reasons for the popularity of Android. Not only are the developers top-notch, but on my experience, they are very ethical people.

BB10 has a bit of a different model than Android though.
    05-19-13 01:26 AM
    community here is pretty good, of course there are no developers like for XDA/Android. but we can never say.
    05-19-13 02:05 AM
    I see. Wishful thinking I guess.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 11:53 AM
    I see. Wishful thinking I guess.

Posted via CB10
    hey no problem looking at the glass half full
    05-19-13 11:54 AM
    It is possible to root any Android device, meaning full access to the OS. This allows the creation of thousands of mods and a place in XDA.

While it has been possible to root Playbook OS 2.0 and Blackberry 10.0, the exploits are fixed very quickly giving no incentive. They restrict things like downgrading so you can't choose to go back to rootable firmware either.

Also, it is possible to bootloader unlock most Android devices so that they can run different kernels, OSes and root at any time.

This will never be possible on Blackberry 10.
    05-19-13 08:12 PM
    Let's hope not than we can say bye to safety like on Android

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 08:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    LOL. Like on Windows.
    05-19-13 08:29 PM
    It has its pro and cons, you can see in android they are way advance in some features that are not present in BlackBerry OS yet. You do sacrifice stability on some occasions though

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 09:53 PM
    LOL. Like on Windows.
    windows security is kinda a joke
    05-19-13 09:55 PM
    windows security is kinda a joke
    Agreed and it pretty much runs most of the world. Folks have little issue jumping on them though.

Some folks do not understand rooting. Having administrative rights on a device does not necessarily make it less safe in and of itself (not that you said that Barracuda). Not saying that BB10 should (or ever will) be, but it sure would help adoption, IMHO.
    05-19-13 10:32 PM
    Agreed and it pretty much runs most of the world. Folks have little issue jumping on them though.

Some folks do not understand rooting. Having administrative rights on a device does not necessarily make it less safe in and of itself (not that you said that Barracuda). Not saying that BB10 should (or ever will) be, but it sure would help adoption, IMHO.
    having ssh root doesn't effect the security of the device per say, but having the bootloader unlocked opens a wprld of possibilities good and bad.

believe me when I had a few android phones galaxy nexus, htc one x and rooted both had ad blockers, a mirrored ip addess and proxies, over clocked processor, performance boosted sd cards, and changed roms and kernals weekly lol

but honestly I love to hate how customizable android is
    05-19-13 11:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    I really never understand how someone can be so irresponsible and put their cell phone at risk. I never understood the pride that people have with BlackBerry and their security.

What exactly is at risk and how on your cell phone?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 11:03 PM
    @radlink14

U like that ure data is sold by Google or people that make there own mods and out like whatever kind of back doors in the software? Maybe keep ure creditcard info and submit all ure passwords to there server?

I trust original firmware more, but not really from google.
    Everyone knows the play store is full of malware and Google is leak as hell.

So no, I don't like rooting, I did try on my HTC but I went back to original within one day.

I trust blackberry the most and after that Apple.

Google not at all and Windows Phone i didn't play wiyh yet.

Posted via CB10
    bluetroll likes this.
    05-20-13 04:58 AM