a noobie here on the OS10, just got an used Z10, after checking, it works ok but lacks a lot of apps like music, file manager, gallery, etc. can't even change wallpaper, after some research, seems its on a dev os, am I correct?
    I would like to go back to official os so I can use it as a daily driver, but I use Mac and has no PC in sight, how I can bring it back to official os?
    since its on 10.3.0, can I just check for update on the phone OTA and accept to update on the phone? will it install all stock apps and update the os this way? or I should use the browser on PC to restore the latest os? or the only way is to download autoloader and run it on PC to restore it?

hope I can get some help here and some guide or tutorial before I done something stupid to it. sorry if it was asked but I can't find any answer which is the right way to do it, hope it ok with the admin.

many thanks in advance and more power
    06-06-15 11:54 AM
    It's BB10, BlackBerry 10 or BlackBerry 10 OS. OS10 is Apple's Mac software.

You should be able to. Just get the right autoloader and go for it. I'll get you a link.

OS 10.3.2.798 update files for all BlackBerry 10 devices now available | CrackBerry.com
    06-06-15 05:22 PM
    Autoloaders don't work on Mac unless it's partitioned

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.798
    diegonei likes this.
    06-06-15 05:25 PM
    Yeah, autoloaders are Windows only.

If you try to reload the OS with Link, it should get you off of a developer OS and onto something manageable.

KB34045-How to clean reload the BlackBerry 10 OS or BlackBerry PlayBook OS using BlackBerry Link
    Pdinos3 and gfondeur like this.
    06-06-15 05:48 PM
    thanks for all the replies,
    it might be hard for me to find or borrow a windows pc to do it, but will try.
    is it still possible to get an OTA notice to update to latest BB official OS when it available? so I can just do the update via phone only. or it has to be either via BB Link or Autoloader only?

as per reading KB34045, BB Link can use Mac to reload os too, can I use it to reload to official os? thanks again
    06-06-15 10:50 PM
    thanks for all the replies,
    it might be hard for me to find or borrow a windows pc to do it, but will try.
    is it still possible to get an OTA notice to update to latest BB official OS when it available? so I can just do the update via phone only. or it has to be either via BB Link or Autoloader only?

as per reading KB34045, BB Link can use Mac to reload os too, can I use it to reload to official os? thanks again
    You can use Mac Link to reload the latest official OS. It will wipe your data, so back up at least media and apps first to restore these later. Don't restore settings.

You can only use an autoloader in Windows, which is usually used to load leaked or beta OS. You don't need an autoloader for an official OS.

But to save yourself time and trouble, learn about Sachesi and find the Blitz file or folder for the OS you want to load nondestructively. No data loss that way. There's a bit of a learning curve but you can't hurt your BlackBerry regardless of mistakes you may make. Search the CB database to find the info.
    06-06-15 10:59 PM
    I got an notice for update to 10.3.1 from the phone, should I just update it via the phone? will it install the official update with all apps? thanks
    06-07-15 01:30 AM
    I got an notice for update to 10.3.1 from the phone, should I just update it via the phone? will it install the official update with all apps? thanks
    Wouldn't hurt to find out. I'm assuming a software release of 10.3.1.17xx/18xx or thereabouts, right?
    06-07-15 01:42 AM
    Wouldn't hurt to find out. I'm assuming a software release of 10.3.1.17xx/18xx or thereabouts, right?
    thanks, it said 10.3.1.1779
    06-07-15 01:58 AM
    Go for it and it will land you on an official os supported by your carrier
    Also you can do windows on mac osx using parallels
    Cheers mate

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 02:28 AM
    Go for the update you just received. If you want to go higher and still don't have a Windows pc to run autoloader just learn Sachesi here
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/
    and here
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...achesi-904841/

Z30 STA100-2 | 10.3.BLACKBERRY
    06-07-15 04:34 AM
    thanks for all the helps, was able to restore back to official os OTA via the update notice, so I can conclude that no matter what version we are on, when the official os release, we can just simply update to it.

more power to all, and hope my experience helps other who also seeking answer
    06-07-15 09:29 AM
    Go for it and it will land you on an official os supported by your carrier
    Also you can do windows on mac osx using parallels
    Cheers mate

Posted via CB10
    You cannot do an autoload in Windows in OS X via Parallels. I'd like to see evidence to the contrary. I'm not sure you can even do a CFP wipe in Parallels. These are done essentially through a Windows Command window, and will not hold the USB connection long enough (a couple milliseconds, probably) to get to the BB device's flash drive. Yes, you can do Link and all its operations via Windows in Parallels--I do it all the time--but on a Mac you must have Windows installed on a Boot Camp partition and boot into that partition to do an autoload, per se.

I think autoload are going to become pass soon, anyway, given that Link provides almost the latest OS, and almost every beta or leak has a Blitz file option. Maybe when 10.4 starts coming out....
    06-07-15 10:56 AM
    I think autoload are going to become pass soon, anyway, given that Link provides almost the latest OS, and almost every beta or leak has a Blitz file option. Maybe when 10.4 starts coming out....
    Most carriers in the world are at least two or three OSes behind, if they have it at all (USA).

I don't see any change with the need for autoloaders. It's a lot faster than doing a security wipe in order to get a clean install.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.798
    06-07-15 11:12 AM