I installed the latest 10.2 leak yesterday and I do love all the features. However, I do have a few major problems with it, the most serious being that I can't connect to wifi. After I restored my device after installing, it wouldn't connect to the wifi network when it was saved, so I deleted the network from my Z10 and was going to reconnect as that usually does it. However, it will not connect no matter what I do. I have even tried doing it manually. Every time, it fails to connect and a black box comes up that says "Unable to authenticate against the network. Verify saved network security settings." No one I have talked to has had this issue. Maybe some of you have.

Another issue (which I think is more well known as almost everyone I have talked to has it) is the fact that voice control does not work and says that it cannot connect to its servers.

I really would like to resolve this wifi issue. I don't want to have to go back to 10.1 or wipe my device or reinstall, but you gotta do what you gotta do. If anyone has had this issue, let me know!
    08-05-13 07:56 PM
    For the wifi issue try using wps to connect... although if you are having multiple connectivity issues maybe a clean reinstall is in order.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 08:00 PM
    I tried to change my Bell Canada 2Wire 2701 modem/router to WPS from WEP-Open using the router's URL to access its online settings menu, and it just screwed everything up. I had to call Bell tech support in order to fix it.

The technician assisted me with restoring back to Wep-Open and assigned my network a new SSID and password. Once completed, I was able to reconnect my phone to wifi but it has only a partial connection (limited) that still doesn't allow me to have data through wifi.

Has anyone discovered or has in their possession a patch/replacement .bar file from a compatible build that can be side loaded to fix the issue?

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 11:55 PM
    I tried to change my Bell Canada 2Wire 2701 modem/router to WPS from WEP-Open using the router's URL to access its online settings menu, and it just screwed everything up. I had to call Bell tech support in order to fix it.

The technician assisted me with restoring back to Wep-Open and assigned my network a new SSID and password. Once completed, I was able to reconnect my phone to wifi but it has only a partial connection (limited) that still doesn't allow me to have data through wifi.

Has anyone discovered or has in their possession a patch/replacement .bar file from a compatible build that can be side loaded to fix the issue?

Posted via CB10
    I have also a bell router. I have it set up as WPA2 though.
    Wifi isn't something you can load via a bar. It's part of the core OS
    I do believe you will have to do a wipe
    On first boot, you should be able to connect to wifi. If not, if is more than likely your router's problem and not your phone
    08-06-13 12:51 AM
    I have also a bell router. I have it set up as WPA2 though.
    Wifi isn't something you can load via a bar. It's part of the core OS
    I do believe you will have to do a wipe
    On first boot, you should be able to connect to wifi. If not, if is more than likely your router's problem and not your phone
    I was able to connect on first boot, but I noticed that my wifi would turn off after every reboot so, looking through the forums, people who were experiencing the same thing suggested to delete saved wifi network, reboot and add again to solve - I couldn't re-add it after, and you know the rest of the story (from previous post).

There is no problem with my router . I have a laptop, PlayBook and Google TV not having any connection issues.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 05:52 AM
    Same problem here, PlayBook, laptop and other devices connect fine, my z10 connects to work Wifi fine and gives this message at home

This network appears to have limited Internet access as some websites are unreachable. To fully access the Internet, connect to another network.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 05:58 AM
    Sorry you guys are having these problems but I don't have any problems like this.

In fact voice control the most improved app on the phone. Now it reads your text, email, etc

On the fast Z10
    08-06-13 06:06 AM
    So actually I just discovered something. Here's what's interesting: It is only my home wifi that my phone won't connect to. I have connected to others. My phone will not connect to my home wifi, but all my other devices will. That's what I find weird
    08-06-13 08:12 PM
    So actually I just discovered something. Here's what's interesting: It is only my home wifi that my phone won't connect to. I have connected to others. My phone will not connect to my home wifi, but all my other devices will. That's what I find weird
    Exactly, i can connect to my home wifi. but not able to connect to my office wifi.

I am having the same problem which you have.
    NightSlayer likes this.
    08-07-13 12:37 AM
    I had the same issue. I posted in another thread. I am running Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047 and when I deleted my network I could not add it again. So I backed up my device on link, did a security wipe, after the wipe I went through the initial setup of the device like it was brand new and I connected with no problems. I then did a restore and ran into the problem again. Then I thought I would do the same but when I did the restore I wouldn't select "all data" to restore. I did not restore the settings file but I did restore the other 2 files (apps and something else). Now everything is working fine. Hope this helps.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    ajst222 likes this.
    08-07-13 12:42 AM
    I had the same issue. I posted in another thread. I am running Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047 and when I deleted my network I could not add it again. So I backed up my device on link, did a security wipe, after the wipe I went through the initial setup of the device like it was brand new and I connected with no problems. I then did a restore and ran into the problem again. Then I thought I would do the same but when I did the restore I wouldn't select "all data" to restore. I did not restore the settings file but I did restore the other 2 files (apps and something else). Now everything is working fine. Hope this helps.

Thanks, i saw your post on other thread. are you able to connect to another password protected WIFI ?
    08-07-13 12:52 AM
    I installed the latest 10.2 leak yesterday and I do love all the features. However, I do have a few major problems with it, the most serious being that I can't connect to wifi. After I restored my device after installing, it wouldn't connect to the wifi network when it was saved, so I deleted the network from my Z10 and was going to reconnect as that usually does it. However, it will not connect no matter what I do. I have even tried doing it manually. Every time, it fails to connect and a black box comes up that says "Unable to authenticate against the network. Verify saved network security settings." No one I have talked to has had this issue. Maybe some of you have.

Another issue (which I think is more well known as almost everyone I have talked to has it) is the fact that voice control does not work and says that it cannot connect to its servers.

I really would like to resolve this wifi issue. I don't want to have to go back to 10.1 or wipe my device or reinstall, but you gotta do what you gotta do. If anyone has had this issue, let me know!
    When installing a leak it's best not to restore so that its fresh. And give it 2 days to settle.

When you restore it causes problems due to it being a 10.2 build instead of a 10.1 build

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 07:13 AM

Thanks! I will try restoring just the media and app data!

Posted via CB10

EDIT: Do you think that I could backup just the media and app data right now (on the 10.2 leak) and then restore that and restore it or would it be better just to do it from when I was using 10.1?
    08-07-13 07:50 AM
    Thanks, i saw your post on other thread. are you able to connect to another password protected WIFI ?
    Yes just got to my friends house and connected with no issues. The only thing I noticed today was by not restoring the settings file, I don't have all my contacts. I guess I should have synced them to Gmail or saved them somehow. Not sure how I'm going to go about fixing this issue. Might have to do a restore for the settings, save the contacts some how and then do the whole thing over again. Anyone know how I could save the contacts some how?

08-07-13 01:24 PM
    Yes just got to my friends house and connected with no issues. The only thing I noticed today was by not restoring the settings file, I don't have all my contacts. I guess I should have synced them to Gmail or saved them somehow. Not sure how I'm going to go about fixing this issue. Might have to do a restore for the settings, save the contacts some how and then do the whole thing over again. Anyone know how I could save the contacts some how?

Hello,

Thanks for your response. I am not able to get out of this wifi problem. tried everything. switching back to 10.1 and will wait for next 10.2 leak.

Thanks for the help.

Regards.
    08-08-13 12:33 AM
    I fixed my Wifi connection issue by calling Bell and having them switch my router configuration from WEP-Open To WPA-PSK. Now everything works like a charm! Took no more than 2 minutes to complete.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 11:31 AM