12-11-13 05:16 PM
27 12
tools
    My Z10 on 1443 is losing WIFI connection on average once a day. The only way to restore the connection is by re-booting the device.
    Is this a known problem of 1443, or do I have a hardware problem?
    jerobarraco likes this.
    09-06-13 11:41 AM
    Good question. How strong is the signal? Does it lose it in the same area all the time? Did it ever happen before?
    09-06-13 12:19 PM
    My signal is excellent at home. I am only about 10 feet away from the router. I work from home, so I am most of the day here. There is no router dropout since all my other devices continue to work
    Whenever I lose WIFI on the z10, the WIFI symbol on the phone has disappeared and in WIFI settings the phone can not find any accessible routers, even though there are 2 routers within range.
    The only way to have the phone find and connect to any of the 2 routers is by rebooting the phone.
    09-06-13 10:57 PM
    Well, if you reload the OS and it still does it. I'd have to start leaning towards hardware issue. Did this happen on previous OS releases?
    09-06-13 11:00 PM
    Im on 1443 too, and sometimes I feel the wifi signal kinda stucked, not completely lost but certainly it stops from time to time.
    Not experienced on previous leaks.
    In my case the solution is as simple as switching off-on and it backs on work immediately.
    BTW, never loose wifi icon, mine remains on screen.
    09-06-13 11:18 PM
    I'm having wifi issues as well. It shows my signal at full but the connection keeps dropping the connection and is very sluggish. It's an issue w this leak I'm sure because I've not had this issue on any previous leak and I've used them all.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 11:31 PM
    Well, if you reload the OS and it still does it. I'd have to start leaning towards hardware issue. Did this happen on previous OS releases?
    I only have the phone since 4 weeks. I have not noticed this Wifi issue before. The icon on top of the screen has disappeared, however in wifi settings wifi is marked as being on but not connected to any network and no available network listed. Turning wifi off and back on shows the search icon, but it does not find any wifi network.
    Rebooting is so far the only way to get wifi back.
    I will wait for the next leak release to reload the OS since it is always a headache to restore all my contacts.
    09-07-13 01:25 AM
    My signal is excellent at home. I am only about 10 feet away from the router. I work from home, so I am most of the day here. There is no router dropout since all my other devices continue to work
    Whenever I lose WIFI on the z10, the WIFI symbol on the phone has disappeared and in WIFI settings the phone can not find any accessible routers, even though there are 2 routers within range.
    The only way to have the phone find and connect to any of the 2 routers is by rebooting the phone.
    (Why two routers and not one?) I updated my old Linksys to EA4500 and only twice in 3 months have I lost connection.

Trusted Member
    09-07-13 02:55 AM
    Have two Z10's at home and both facing WiFi issues. The only way to have WiFi working for sometime is to reboot the device. This has been happening on all 10.2 builds. I did not face this issue on the 10.1
    09-07-13 06:55 AM
    2 routers? Are the SSID's the same on both? If so, you have to check the box in the WiFi profile that reads: "Inter access point handover" to "on" and WiFi passwords MUST be the same on both. If the SSID's are NOT the same, they may be too close together and could be causing RF interference with each other. You have to be very careful when setting up 2 routers in the same space. There are things that need to be done and tuning that may be required in the advanced wireless settings on your routers. If these things are not done, it can wreak havoc on certain devices. I have 7 WAP's on my home and had quite a bit of RF tuning to do to make everything work harmoniously. The first devices that had issues before all of the tuning were my BB's.

My Z10 has ZERO issues with WiFi anywhere. It never drops the connection, even when moving from one WAP to another. I am on 10.2.0.1443 and was on .1047 before that.
    09-07-13 09:25 PM
    2 routers? Are the SSID's the same on both? If so, you have to check the box in the WiFi profile that reads: "Inter access point handover" to "on" and WiFi passwords MUST be the same on both. If the SSID's are NOT the same, they may be too close together and could be causing RF interference with each other. You have to be very careful when setting up 2 routers in the same space. There are things that need to be done and tuning that may be required in the advanced wireless settings on your routers. If these things are not done, it can wreak havoc on certain devices. I have 7 WAP's on my home and had quite a bit of RF tuning to do to make everything work harmoniously. The first devices that had issues before all of the tuning were my BB's.

My Z10 has ZERO issues with WiFi anywhere. It never drops the connection, even when moving from one WAP to another. I am on 10.2.0.1443 and was on .1047 before that.
    Thanks for the reply. The 2 routers have their separate SSID and run on separate channels. The 2 routers are connected by a 50 feet network cable. The Z10 has the settings for both routers saved. It could be possible that automatic switching between the routers causes this problem.
    I am going to disable one of the WIFI settings and see if the problem persists.
    There is a large variety of WIFI enabled devices(about 18, laptops,tablets, printers,game consoles, smart phones...) in the house, and none had a problem with this setup so far.
    09-07-13 10:19 PM
    I have wifi issues on all leaks above 10.2.340.
    On some, it just stops working until i reboot, in the latest, it drops 1 sec and then come back, i noticed it because my vpn was losing connection all the time.
    09-08-13 02:31 AM
    I'm also having WIFI issues on my Q10 running 10.2.0.1443

It keeps dropping and forgetting saved WIFI connections, thus forcing me to add them again, only for it to be dropped and forgotten shortly there after.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10 running 10.2.0.1443
    09-08-13 02:42 AM
    Try enabling the hidden ssid option for the saved network on your z10. I had a similar problem on 10.2 where the wifi network just disappeared. Enabled the hidden ssid option on and haven't had an issue since
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-08-13 06:03 AM
    Disabling one of the WIFI profiles did not work. It happened again. There error message in the WIFI diagnostic information log says: " <4>Failed to initiate AP scan"
    The only way to bring WIFI back is to reboot the Z10 on 1443.
    09-08-13 11:08 AM
    I wonder if people with the same problem would even notice that they lost WIFI since the Internet continues to work on the carrier data. This has the potential for huge surprise bills for excessive data usage.
    09-08-13 11:32 AM
    I have EXACTLY the same problem as the OP. I have both a Z10 and a Q10, both on 10.2, and both lose Wifi connection once per day or so. Both need to be rebooted to restore Wifi connect. There is no other way that I found how to restore connection.

I happened to change my Wifi provider last week, so I got a new modem and of course new access data. Exactly the same problem on both devices.

To me, this is clearly a OS related problem.

Posted via CB10
    jerobarraco likes this.
    09-09-13 03:59 AM
    Another one with the issue. I've gone back to 10.1.0.4828 as any of the 10.2 leaks would three or four times a day lose connection. This also happened at my girlfriends house so not related to my network. I tried all the suggestions to no avail. Since going back to 10.1 I haven't had a single issue.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4828
    09-09-13 04:25 AM
    I upgraded my Z10 to .1725 (not yet the Q10), mainly because I hoped that this issue will go away.
    Unfortunately it is still there.
    The OS runs super smooth and is a joy to use, but once or twice per day, it loses its Wifi connection. And can only be restored by a reboot.
    I can live with that for now, but hope someone at BB reads this, so it gets fixed for the final 10.2 release.
    This is a serious issue, and I'm disappointed that they didn't address it, even in the newest leak.
    09-14-13 07:04 PM
    Same here. Just upgraded to 10.2.0.1725 in the hope the previous issues had gone but same. Can't decide whether to go back again or not

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4828
    09-15-13 03:29 PM
    Could not go back to 10.1 and could not wait for official 10.2 which might have resolved this. I managed to sell my phone today on ebay. Hoping to return to blackberry when issues and app shortcomings are resolved.

Sent from my SM-T311 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-15-13 03:33 PM
    I have had WiFi problems with all the leaks. When wifi signal is weak but strong LTE signal is available it will dither back and forth. Often when returning home the 5Ghz won't connect and I have to reboot.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 04:16 PM
    Today I also uppgraded the Q10 and experienced the same problem as on th Z.
    I made an interesting observation: both phones ALWAYS lose their wifi connection when I charge them. I dont know when exactly the link breaks during the charging cycle. I put them on the charger, and take them off when they reach 100% (or later of course). And then there is no more wifi connection, and a reboot is needed.
    Absolutely reproduceable. And a concern that they didn't fix it, over the "release" of 3 leaks or more.
    If they plan to go live with this, they will be doa.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 07:06 PM
    I also have issues connecting to wifi connections with my Q10 running 10.2.0.1443. I did not experience this issue running 10.1. I have two APs that I regularly connect to. One has WPA/WPA2 Enterprise security and the other has just WPA2.

Most of the time it has no problems connecting to the first AP, but a couple times a week it will refuse to connect no matter what I do, and the issue usually resolves itself after a few hours. The second AP I haven't been able to connect to for more than two minutes at a time before the connection breaks, and 95% of the time it won't connect anyway.

I always have access to the first AP (on a university campus), but in my room the signal is semi-weak so I plugged-in my own router (the second AP). The signal from this router is strong and my laptop connects to it without any issues, but my Q10 rejects it like it's an implanted organ with the wrong blood type. I haven't been able to properly connect with it for almost a week, but for the first week after I installed 10.2 it worked fine.

I have no idea what is causing the problem, but I assume it's the leaked OS. Obviously I can't bring this problem to BlackBerry because I'm running a leaked OS, and I'm unwilling to downgrade back to 10.1. For now I can connect most of the time to the first AP, but the signal signal is just weaker.

--Q10 and Canadian all the way! Posted via CB10 on 10.2.0.1443.
    09-18-13 09:58 AM
    Try enabling the hidden ssid option for the saved network on your z10. I had a similar problem on 10.2 where the wifi network just disappeared. Enabled the hidden ssid option on and haven't had an issue since
    Holy Cow! Been at it for two weeks trying to connect to work's wifi (my mac address is in the table and all) and finally afer reading this post of your, I'm IN!
    Thank you for this piece of information that I needed to connect!!
    Checking hidden SSID on did the trick!
    09-18-13 12:17 PM
27 12