08-12-13 11:50 AM
35 12
tools
    If you're on the Q10 major disadvantages are:
    Skype doesn't work - if you sideload the Android version there's noway of putting your password so you can't sign in

Viber doesn't work, whenever you receive or dial a call it just shuts down

Whatsapp notification don't work, can't get it to vibrate or make a sound when you receive a message

Everytime you reboot your phone wifi is off and you have to turn it on again to get connected

All Android apps have the back bar always visible on the screen so you can imagine the screen size

When you connect to BlackBerry link it doesn't connect and says you need to be on the 10.1 release or higher and you're already on 10.2

I don't recommend to upgrade if you're on the Q10

Posted via my Q10 from T- MobileBlackBerry Pin:2AF236F5 Twitter: BBRY_Addict83 Instagram: BBRY_Addict83
    Last edited by royfakhry; 08-12-13 at 03:17 AM.
    vntuan and Pete The Penguin like this.
    08-11-13 02:41 AM
    Okay..........

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 02:42 AM
    K

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 02:44 AM
    Well considering it is a leaked OS and not official. You shouldn't be surprised nor upset!

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 02:46 AM
    Well considering it is a leaked OS and not official. You shouldn't be surprised nor upset!

Posted via CB10
    I'm not upset I know it is a leak and I should download at my own risk I am very familiar with that.
    I was surprised to see the difference in stability between the same OS on the Z10 and Q10. My Z10 is running a lot smoother

Just felt that I should put the issues out for any crackberry addicts who haven't installed yet so they can make an informed decision.

Posted via my Q10 from T- MobileBlackBerry Pin:2AF236F5 Twitter: BBRY_Addict83 Instagram: BBRY_Addict83
    H_O_Boomaye likes this.
    08-11-13 02:53 AM
    Extremely Simple Reason : it's a leaked and buggy build and therefore is deemed unofficial by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 02:56 AM
    Well done, another misleading title.
    Thank God I upgraded to this OS before reading your thread, otherwise I wouldn't have upgraded even though I own a Z10...

Seriously now,
    Q10 users, please clarify in your thread titles that the following is only for Q10.

EDIT: "Thanks for editing the title to include Q10 clarification"

I understand that the screen size, or Skype usage makes a difference and I totally respect it, but there are people not so keen on leaks, and you might discourage them only by the thread title.
    Not to mention that I think (I am not sure and please correct me if I am wrong), there is a way to make Skype work on Q by sideloading the app.
    Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by akavbb; 08-11-13 at 05:20 AM.
    08-11-13 03:37 AM
    Mine has no problems like that

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 04:01 AM
    My only problem on 10.2 installed on Q10 is Tango. Nothing else at all. Everything else is working perfectly including Links.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 04:39 AM
    I can attest that Skype from BlackBerry world doesn't work for me on this leak. Crashes as soon as I open it. I haven't tried a sideloaded version yet.

But besides that everything is working perfectly!

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 04:46 AM
    I wasn't misled by the title at all.

Thanks for the heads up, was going to wait for the official anyway.

Posted via CB10
    mattsfk likes this.
    08-11-13 04:49 AM
    I have a q10 no problems smooth like botter

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 05:16 AM
    Well done, another misleading title.
    Thank God I upgraded to this OS before reading your thread, otherwise I wouldn't have upgraded even though I own a Z10...

Seriously now,
    Q10 users, please clarify in your thread titles that the following is only for Q10.

EDIT: "Thanks for editing the title to include Q10 clarification"

I understand that the screen size, or Skype usage makes a difference and I totally respect it, but there are people not so keen on leaks, and you might discourage them only by the thread title.
    Not to mention that I think (I am not sure and please correct me if I am wrong), there is a way to make Skype work on Q by sideloading the app.
    Thank you for your time.
    Clearly specified in the thread Title that this is only for the Q10 and inside the thread mentioned that it was running a lot better on my Z10.

For Skype, the only way to make it work is to sideload the Android version, then install google keyboard and apex launcher, disable BlackBerry keyboard and use the google keyboard to sign in. Otherwise you can't sign in, the password field is hidden. (you can't get to it)

I'm not discouraging anyone but they have the right to know what issues are on the Q10 and then decide whether it is worth to download or not.

08-11-13 06:58 AM
    My only problem on 10.2 installed on Q10 is Tango. Nothing else at all. Everything else is working perfectly including Links.

Posted via CB10
    so tell me do you have Viber and Skype, and whatsapp installed?
    Are they all working perfecty?
    Were you able to make a call or receive it on Viber?
    How did you sign in to Skype? (how did you manage to get to the password field, it is hidden by two options, sign in with Microsoft account or create new account)
    When you switch it off and turn it on, is wifi working automatically?

I'm not trying to be negative here, I am a BlackBerry loyalist and never got a another phone whatsoever, but at the same time like to point out the facts and speed up their improvement if possible

08-11-13 07:04 AM
    I have a q10 no problems smooth like botter

Posted via CB10
    Yeah sure you guys think I'm trying to bash BlackBerry but only trying to help!

You want to tell me Skype and Viber are working?
    Wifi is turned on automatic*lly after ur reboot?
    The android apps don't have the back buttons always visible?

08-11-13 07:07 AM
    Skype is not working for me but my wifi even off turns on when I reboot.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 07:54 AM
    While there are a lot of cool benefits to 10.2, here are some bugs I noticed on my Z10 that led me to downgrade back to 10.1:

If WiFi is OFF and you reboot your phone, WiFi turns ON automatically when the phone restarts.
    Whatsapp emoticons lag to a point that make the app almost unusable (along with the following bug).
    Whatsapp contacts are not all recognised, specifically after you add a Facebook account that then links to contacts.
    Notification previews on the lock screen sometimes appear without clicking on the notification icon.
    Remote File Access only works when the device and PC are both on the same WiFi network. I was not able to get it to work via the mobile network.
    08-11-13 08:09 AM
    The weird thing is I have none of these problems on my SQN100-3.

I am also on 1047 and I haven't tried the viber issue but even my Wifi stays on after reboot which it doesn't matter to me.
    - Link works but I hate using it, I just use my SD card for my media. Link is a piece of junk.
    - Skype works but I just use the latest android app since skype for BB10 is a terrible port.

But I really do hate that sideload bar. I don't know why blackberry just makes it pinned when you download an app then you can always unpin it

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 08:11 AM
    Skype is my only issue. Everything else work like it is suppose.
    Something I did observed with signing in these side loaded apps...copy/paste your username and password into where you are trying to sign-in. I have "&" in one of mine and I realized after the 10th time that it wasn't registering when I was entering it in the app. There should be no need to load another keyboard unless you need it for gameplay.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 08:17 AM
    You guys need to learn how to read. With the 10.2.0.1047 runtime, a lot of things don't work. With the side loaded 10.2.0.810 runtime, almost everything works.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 08:28 AM
    Except WiFi calling - does not work on Q10 running 1047

You guys need to learn how to read. With the 10.2.0.1047 runtime, a lot of things don't work. With the side loaded 10.2.0.810 runtime, almost everything works.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 08:35 AM
    If you're on the Q10 major disadvantages are:
    Skype doesn't work - if you sideload the Android version there's noway of putting your password so you can't sign in

Viber doesn't work, whenever you receive or dial a call it just shuts down

Whatsapp notification don't work, can't get it to vibrate or make a sound when you receive a message

Everytime you reboot your phone wifi is off and you have to turn it on again to get connected

All Android apps have the back bar always visible on the screen so you can imagine the screen size

When you connect to BlackBerry link it doesn't connect and says you need to be on the 10.1 release or higher and you're already on 10.2

I don't recommend to upgrade if you're on the Q10

Sideloaded Skype works better and smoother than the one in BBWorld ever did on my Q10, generally newer versions of android sideloads work smoother and more like native, barring the bar issue. I've not tried viber, but i'm certain if you can get it on goodereader, it will work, don't use it so i haven't tried. I have no connection issues with BBLink, can be funny on a mac at times. It connects to google chrome to sideload and sachesi works great for backups etc!

The best thing to do with the leak is to install and don't restore anything but media from your backup. Setup and download apps afresh, install the .810 android runtime. Everything works extremely well on my Q10, battery life is totally insane!
    08-11-13 08:38 AM
    Not sure why you are having so many issues. I have a Z10 and Q10.
    On the Q10, Whatsapp works perfectly. No issues with wifi needing to be turned on every time. Also, Link works just fine and it is recognized.
    The only issue I have with the Q on .1047 is Facebook. No matter what I do, it just keeps giving me an error message. That even after a security wipe and clean install with no restore. I finally just sideloaded the android app and it works like a charm. It just will not show up in the hub. Otherwise, this OS is running nice and smooth with the benefits far outweighing the cons.
    08-11-13 08:45 AM
    Make sure before you install the leak os you read the disclaimer...

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1047
    08-11-13 09:03 AM
    Skype works sideloaded, whatsapp works perfectly, I don't use viber.

This leak is the best so far and you'll get more than what you "lose". It's definitely recommended.

Posted via Q10
    08-11-13 09:25 AM
35 12