With only 8 active frames, and a home screen icon dedicated to it, Phone should be allowed to run frameless.

Even better would be able to customize the home screen bottom icons.

With open apps being kept up as active frames, the home screen is much more valuable. Those are the widgets and tiles for bb10.

I'd like to see frameless apps, and actionable frames. That would be a cool improvement and would probably motivate native developers with some neat ideas.

Posted via CB10

Edit. Wow that title! Still on my first cup of coffee today.
    10-25-14 10:15 AM
    May be in 10.4 os.

Posted via Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.938
    10-25-14 10:19 AM
    The phone and all PIM services run headless, you don't have to keep the active frame open for phones calls to come in and there are already third party apps that run headless such as Whatsapp, wallpaper changer HD, battery monitors, call blockers, etc.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 10:51 AM
    The phone and all PIM services run headless, you don't have to keep the active frame open for phones calls to come in and there are already third party apps that run headless such as Whatsapp, wallpaper changer HD, battery monitors, call blockers, etc.

Posted via CB10
    I think you're missing the point. They want to keep 8 frames open, and making a call removes one.
    Paul86 and kevets like this.
    10-25-14 11:52 AM
    I personally think an active frame for a phone call is plain stupid. On the homescreen like the OP stated can the phone icon in the bottom right. Now in 10.3.1 there is a top middle "call enabled " icon over the active frames.

So now there are 3 things to push on the homescreen to go back into your call.

This is even better, when you go to minimize the the call and putting the call on speaker to multitask (text/email). It pops up when it starts to ring, call connected and ending call. It is incredibly annoying.

Posted via CB10
    kevets likes this.
    10-25-14 02:11 PM
    Instead of the active frame, they should just make the lower left corner phone icon glow or pulse or switching back and for between a glowing phone icon and something like "call in progress". I definitely think there is a need for an easy way to recognize a call is going on and how to go back to it, but an active frame is actually a bit confusing since it just looks like your other 7 active frames.

Pretty safe to say anyone would recognize a pulsating or glowing phone icon and "call in progress", as a way to get back to the call.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 02:27 PM
    Instead of the active frame, they should just make the lower left corner phone icon glow or pulse or switching back and for between a glowing phone icon and something like "call in progress". I definitely think there is a need for an easy way to recognize a call is going on and how to go back to it, but an active frame is actually a bit confusing since it just looks like your other 7 active frames.

Pretty safe to say anyone would recognize a pulsating or glowing phone icon and "call in progress", as a way to get back to the call.

Posted via CB10
    The pulsing phone icon in the bottom left corner is amazing!! I never understood the active frame if a phone call. Also why it's opening itself again when anything happens.

Z30 STA100-2
    10-25-14 04:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    in 10.3.1 it basically does, it also has a connected call icon top middle
    10-25-14 04:54 PM
    That icon is an awesome addition.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 04:59 PM
    Man they really don't want you "lose" that call... lol

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 05:06 PM
    That icon is an awesome addition.
    Posted via CB10
    it is and it should have replaced the active frame for good.

Man they really don't want you "lose" that call... lol

Posted via CB10
    3 ways to get back to a call definitely makes it impossible to lose it haha
    10-25-14 05:50 PM
    BBM Video from a phone call is even more redundant!! lmao

http://i.imgur.com/SpkOePq.png
    http://i.imgur.com/oVSM0Co.png
    10-25-14 06:05 PM
    This urks me so much. I don't understand the point behind it. Very counterproductive.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 06:12 PM