01-07-16 11:38 PM
55 123
tools
    ^ same thing happens my stl 3 z10. Complete bull crap

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 08:36 PM
    Does seem to relate to me as well. I suddenly stopped getting SMSes and I literally had the carrier I am using to the task and I surprisingly got a shock from them saying my DND is activated w/o my initiation at all. I restored only my settings and started getting SMSes. Went to a roaming location, messages continued but a few days back when I am back to my native location, messages stopped coming again. I used online free messages services as well but no luck :-(. I doubt if I need to re flash the settings one more time.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 12:34 AM
    Just out of curiosity, does your Z10 indicator light turn on a solid blue as your phone boots?
    It did, yes, but that's what it does at every "new" bootup when I install a leak (before I reload my backups), so I'd view that as a consequence of "every reboot being a security wipe", not necessarily a cause
    11-11-14 02:50 AM
    Does seem to relate to me as well. I suddenly stopped getting SMSes and I literally had the carrier I am using to the task and I surprisingly got a shock from them saying my DND is activated w/o my initiation at all. I restored only my settings and started getting SMSes. Went to a roaming location, messages continued but a few days back when I am back to my native location, messages stopped coming again. I used online free messages services as well but no luck :-(. I doubt if I need to re flash the settings one more time.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think your issues is related to this pal, maybe you should start a new thread?
    11-13-14 10:58 AM
    It did, yes, but that's what it does at every "new" bootup when I install a leak (before I reload my backups), so I'd view that as a consequence of "every reboot being a security wipe", not necessarily a cause
    So does that mean, after you reloaded your back up and restarted, the blue light would go away? Because ever since I've had this Q10, the blue light comes on for every boot, not just after an OS install...
    11-13-14 10:59 AM
    This has always been a problem with some Q10s trying to run 10.3 and as far as I know nobody has figured out what the affected Q10s have in common. At first it was thought to be T-Mobile Q10s only, but that has been disproved.

Here is another thread on the subject. For some reason this thread has died but the problem persists. And from all I have read, all the affected phones have the blue light on boot.
    11-13-14 01:14 PM
    This happend to me twice, and i have official 10.2.1.... my q10 is also be turning on with blue LED on

Q10<<Z10<<9900<<9780<<8520
    11-13-14 01:18 PM
    This has always been a problem with some Q10s trying to run 10.3 and as far as I know nobody has figured out what the affected Q10s have in common. At first it was thought to be T-Mobile Q10s only, but that has been disproved.

Here is another thread on the subject. For some reason this thread has died but the problem persists. And from all I have read, all the affected phones have the blue light on boot.
    So what are we supposed to do here?
    I tried to submit this issue on Blackberry Support page, but I'm getting an error message because this device was not purchased through the Blackberry Store. This is really frustrating! I am a big defender of this brand, and would never take to twitter - but I literally have no idea what else to do. How do we get their attention? These devices either need to be replaced, or a fix needs to be issued.
    11-13-14 01:45 PM
    Thank God I'm not the only one. And Yes blue light as well. I have done over 200 different combinations of different loads. All with the same outcome. Easily lost a month of my life.

For the people that say just run SIC please leave this forum. That's not the issue. Just because yours works doesn't mean everyone else's does.

I'm also tired of " it must be a hardware issue" and " you probably used a bad load, try Sachesi". Just stop it.

Blackberry we really do need a solution to these "testing" devices.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 09:28 PM
    Mine is a Z10 with the Blue light not the q10. Either way same problem. STL100-3. Wipes after every reboot.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 09:35 PM
    It resets the hub since the 10.3.1 leak. Look at the thread about the findings and fixes of the latest 10.3.1

Remember guys that this 10.3.1 is probably from a branch of OS development that was before the last official 10.3.0 so many things that was fixed or working in 10.3.0 may not be working properly

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 09:38 PM
    Actually Bob it resets more than just the Hub. It resets the entire phone, wipes all apps, Settings, everything. That's the problem we are having on this thread.

And for me it's been since any 10.3 and above. Not just 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 09:42 PM
    I don't think your issues is related to this pal, maybe you should start a new thread?
    Quite right bro. The issue being discussed in this forum is darn serious. I mean phone is just being wiped entirely is pretty scary. The issue I had was on flashing a leak, sms messages would stop coming. Running 10.3.1.938 now and has been pretty stable. Fingers crossed :-).

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 05:24 AM
    So you are running a leak (read still unfinished version) and complain that something doesn't work. Still your devices work perfectly fine with latest officially released version. Have you read the "install on your own risk part"?
    11-14-14 06:52 AM
    So what are we supposed to do here?
    I tried to submit this issue on Blackberry Support page, but I'm getting an error message because this device was not purchased through the Blackberry Store. This is really frustrating! I am a big defender of this brand, and would never take to twitter - but I literally have no idea what else to do. How do we get their attention? These devices either need to be replaced, or a fix needs to be issued.
    I wouldn't complain on twitter about not properly functioning pre-release version
    11-14-14 06:56 AM
    It resets the hub since the 10.3.1 leak. Look at the thread about the findings and fixes of the latest 10.3.1

Remember guys that this 10.3.1 is probably from a branch of OS development that was before the last official 10.3.0 so many things that was fixed or working in 10.3.0 may not be working properly

Posted via CB10
    Hey Bobshine, can you explain your explanation differently please...

Posted via my Kick@ss Q10
    11-14-14 09:05 AM
    No complains, it's just that want to know if there is a fix somehow. I did read "do it on your own risk". Just flashed 1016 today.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 02:53 PM
    No complains, it's just that want to know if there is a fix somehow. I did read "do it on your own risk". Just flashed 1016 today.

Posted via CB10
    No matter what you do, the problem is still there. I just loaded 1151 today - same issue on the Q10 - all my settings are gone. And what is even funnier, it happens after the first reboot...Until you reboot for the first time after installation, all is OK. After the second reboot it takes back to the original situation as if nothing changed. Very frustrating. Going back to the good old official 10.2.1 -
    11-15-14 10:51 AM
    Hello fellow leak users,

In my 5+ years of installing blackberry OS links, I have never been so frustrated. I am loving the features and updates I am seeing on these leaks but I seem to have an issue with my Q10...

This problem happens with every 10.3.X leak I've installed so far. This problem happens whether I use an autoloader or non-destructive via sachesi.

Basically, what's happening is that the phone loses all it's setting once rebooted. It's like a brand new phone again. This doesn't happen with my Z10 and I have yet to try it on my Q5. It's mainly the Q10 that this keeps happening on.

How can I avoid this issue?
    Do a Sic wipe, then install latest os 10.3.1.1151 and lets see how it goes.

Google the sic wiping tool for your device, (You should be able to find it in cb too)
    Then dont forget to say thanks and credits to the devs who built it, then use it carefully and wisely.
    Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 12:48 PM
    Yet another person telling us the same old thing. "Do a SIC wipe" Systemvolker, Thanks, however we have all been there and done that. You just don't have the problem that we have. We have all Nuked, We have all Wiped, we have all tried everything. It's obvious some of the devices will not accept the 10.3 and above (my case) and 10.3.1 and above. It's as simple as that. Be thankful for the device that you have.
    11-16-14 11:44 AM
    You get a blue light because your device is not a test device. They allow different things depending on whether you're using a test device or not.

As for the double reboot, it's puzzling. I suspect some variables not being properly set up during the first boot for devices in production or a bad radio they haven't found the time to fix yet.
    11-16-14 01:16 PM
    Oh that's great. Another assumption. Ofutur, if you hear of any kind of fix, please come back and let us know. We appreciate your assumptions and everyone else's. We are looking for a fix, and have heard the assumptions before. All of them. Including yours above.

This problem isn't anything new. In fact it has been an ongoing issue for the most of us in this thread since July. There are many forums and threads just like this one so if anyone else lands on a fix, please let us know.
    11-16-14 03:29 PM
    It's certainly very frustrating that this issue has been going on for some time without a fix of any kind.

I've already wasted a number of hours trying several different 10.3 leaks by a variety of methods on my Q10, only to have the phone reset after the first power off. I've gone back to 10.2 several times now but would be keen to install a 10.3 leak if someone can figure out what the issue is. The several hours' usage of 10.3 leaks I've had have been very impressive.

And yes - I also get the long appearance of the blue light on boot-up after installing a leak.......

Surely some of the experienced forum people out there could treat this as a technical challenge?
    11-17-14 05:49 AM
    I just posted our issue in the forums under "A challenge to the techies"

Thank you kg4321, that was a great suggestion.
    11-17-14 07:25 PM
    It looks like the problem has been resolved as blackberry has issued a fix.
    http://crackberry.com/having-blue-le...res-how-fix-it

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 07:29 AM
55 123