01-07-16 10:38 PM
55 123
tools
    Hello fellow leak users,

In my 5+ years of installing blackberry OS links, I have never been so frustrated. I am loving the features and updates I am seeing on these leaks but I seem to have an issue with my Q10...

This problem happens with every 10.3.X leak I've installed so far. This problem happens whether I use an autoloader or non-destructive via sachesi.

Basically, what's happening is that the phone loses all it's setting once rebooted. It's like a brand new phone again. This doesn't happen with my Z10 and I have yet to try it on my Q5. It's mainly the Q10 that this keeps happening on.

How can I avoid this issue?
    10-24-14 02:21 PM
    One thing also that I notice is different about my Q10 than other Q10's - when it's booting up, the indicator light shows blue and stays on for a couple of minutes after the phone is fully booted up. This is a replacement Q10 I got from my carrier (fido) and my original Q10 never used to do that. TIA
    10-24-14 02:24 PM
    Do you restore after installation. You might want to try install security wipe install with an autoloader. Then don't restore and start fresh

Posted via CB10
    aleks777 likes this.
    10-24-14 02:55 PM
    No I do not restore after the autoloader, and I have tried doing a security wipe before the autoloader. Still no dice. I saw something in another thread about this having to do with setup process. I never got the setup screens when I first booted the device, where you select english and accept the terms, etc. Any way to manually access that setup screen? Maybe that's the problem here... I've tried launching the "setup" app but that's not the same thing.
    10-24-14 02:58 PM
    You have to type oobe:// into your browser, but be warned, once you access setup, you will think you have completed it, but once you plug in USB to desktop, a message pops up that says you haven't completed setup and you can't access your phone.

Don't do it unless you plan to run an autoloader afterward. That's the only way to get back to accessing from the pc.

There's something else wrong with "our" phones. I've been looking myself, and I haven't figured it out. Maybe BlackBerry is aware, and they'll fix it with an OFFICIAL release. For now, I've got the DEV OS 10.3.1.634 loaded with 632 apps. It works well but some things are disabled.

Thurask has talked a little about how IFS has been removed from the OS and included separately in 10.3 versions. He even made a hybrid with 634 and 632 so Z3 users could run it. I'm curious if that's the root of our problem. I know little about it, so I'm still lost. I'm hoping one of our fellow gurus picks up on this and connects the dots.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 04:02 PM
    Try sic multi wipe

Posted via CB10
    aleks777 likes this.
    10-24-14 04:09 PM
    Run BBVE and see if you have any failing components.
    Sounds like a hardware issue to me, that phone could have been refurbished and it was really bad not just a, don't like it.
    On the other hand, try reverting back to the last good working OS you had with a backup made to restore it. Mixed results occur upon restoration but do your testing before the restore.
    Hope that helps.
    aleks777 likes this.
    10-24-14 04:13 PM
    I hope there aren't any failing components... I am now outside of my 1 year warranty with Fido. When I revert back to 10.2.1 using BB Link, the Q10 seems to be OK and keeps it's settings after restarts. But then going back up to 10.3.X the problem comes back. That's really odd...

To add to this, I just autoloaded 10.3.1.9xx on my Q5 and it booted up perfectly, gave me the initial setup without having to initiate it with the browser command. I restarted it and it's keeping all the settings.

I'm going to try with BBVE to see if I can find out what component failed, and if so, I now have to make my case with Fido about them sending me a bunk phone.
    10-24-14 04:27 PM
    This is happening to me as well. Dviles and I have also been chatting about the problem. I have a Z30 -2 model. 10-2's work fine .
    I to really hope someone can figure this out.
    Keith

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-24-14 05:05 PM
    Verizon Q10, same issue with every 10.3.X leak and it doesn't matter what method I use to load.

I've tried SIC multi-wipe and BBVE does not indicate any failed components.

Are the others having this problem on Verizon too?
    10-25-14 10:37 AM
    Don't know about you guys but in bbvietnam.com, they are talking about this issue as well. People claimed that it is an issue with "testing" devices.
    Don't know for sure, just sharing what I know and that I think it might be of good use

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 11:20 AM
    I would try the following:
    Cfp-nuke
    Use autoloader to load core os and radio for 938
    Plug into sachesi's latest release
    Load the bar files for 938

See what happens.

I know it sounds weird but you've tried everything else.

P.s. I have 938 on my q10 and it works fine. Even after Reboot.

"I am 'Mrs.' Peevishilicious"
    Last edited by moodyk13; 10-26-14 at 05:57 PM.
    10-26-14 05:29 AM
    @moodyk13: after reboot is all same as before reboot ? Really all include extra settings for apps in new profiles notification system?
    I was extra set call + sms notifications in profiles Default, Meeting and Bedside .. all works perfect. But after reboot I got old profile setting and lost my extra settings for call + sms ..
    OK, this is devel leak, i am ok with this. Maybe simply saving of settings are not done ..
    10-26-14 07:39 AM
    I am really sad but I have been experiencing the exact same thing on both of my z10 and q10
    I have also tried multiple loading methods.

Now my question is how do I go back to my official carrier os?
    10-26-14 11:50 AM
    @moodyk13: after reboot is all same as before reboot ? Really all include extra settings for apps in new profiles notification system?
    I was extra set call + sms notifications in profiles Default, Meeting and Bedside .. all works perfect. But after reboot I got old profile setting and lost my extra settings for call + sms ..
    OK, this is devel leak, i am ok with this. Maybe simply saving of settings are not done ..
    Yes both of my phones are as they should be even after Reboot.

Try the scenario I laid out above and see what happens.

10-26-14 12:54 PM
    I am really sad but I have been experiencing the exact same thing on both of my z10 and q10

You can try the method I have listed above.

To go back to carrier OS you will need to know what # it is then you s/b able to find the autoloader for it here on CB. Just rem you will need to either no restore or use the backup you last did on 10.2.1

10-26-14 12:56 PM
    Simply run BBLink, select reinstall OS and connect phone via usb (maybe power off then connect) ..
    10-26-14 02:40 PM
    Yes both of my phones are as they should be even after Reboot.
    Try the scenario I laid out above and see what happens.
    Ah, now I see, override setting for call and sms in bedside and meeting are stored and OK !!
    But setting for email accounts was lost. And after restart i lost one IMAP account in this setting ..
    Edit: But after next restart i see all accounts in notifications setting.
    Maybe in past i was go to notifications settings too early, before fully started HUB ..
    Last edited by Kaacz; 10-26-14 at 03:08 PM.
    10-26-14 02:45 PM
    So far I have wiped the phone using SIC, and now I've loaded the newest autoloader (10.3.1.1016) and I'm still having this problem. Not a single setting or message or change will stick. The phone reboots as if it is a fresh install, all radios off.

I
    11-01-14 09:47 PM
    Any freaking solution? I don't know why this happens on my stk 03 with 10.3 or maybe it's only 10.3.1 leaks.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 12:50 AM
    Any freaking solution? I don't know why this happens on my stk 03 with 10.3 or maybe it's only 10.3.1 leaks.

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried the suggestions in this thread?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 01:00 AM
    I have tried everything in this thread, and still the problem persists. One thing I have noticed that is *different about my Q10 is that when it is booting up the indicator light is a solid blue and stays on for a few minutes after the phone is fully booted up. Other Q10's do not do this. What a weird problem though: on 10.2.1 official OS it has no problems. Any 10.3 leak, and the problem comes back, after every restart the phone wipes out all settings.

Anybody out there have any suggestions? I wonder if an official 10.3 build will fix the problem? What is it about 10.3 that is causing this issue?
    11-10-14 12:02 PM
    fwiw, this happened on one of the 10.3 leaks I loaded on my Z10.

I can't help you solve it, as I rolled back to 10.2 instead.
    11-10-14 03:56 PM
    fwiw, this happened on one of the 10.3 leaks I loaded on my Z10.

I can't help you solve it, as I rolled back to 10.2 instead.
    Just out of curiosity, does your Z10 indicator light turn on a solid blue as your phone boots?
    11-10-14 06:59 PM
    Just wanted to add some findings to this thread:

So tonight I updated my GF's Q10 to 10.3.1.1016 using autoloader. The phone booted up perfectly and went directly into the setup screen where you choose your language and swipe to continue.

I find that with my phone (the Q10 that is problematic), when it boots up, all radios are off, and it never goes into the initial setup.
    11-10-14 07:03 PM
55 123