01-27-14 11:16 AM
58 123
tools
    to ignite the interest of people who have to use the OS which is far from feature parity with its competitors.

posted from cuteN
    01-25-14 04:28 AM
    With all due respect, I don't think they need to read anyone's post here to know that software leaks can take away the ability of the vendor to present news on their own schedule.

I'm not going to agree 100% on all those things but I do agree that there are a variety of things about how they operate that I like better than the major competition. To mention a couple of sore points with the compeition in particular - Apple's elitism and Google's sneakiness.

That's an interesting statistic. I've looked up their patents before but had no idea there were that many submitted last year.

Looks like they were #29 on the granted patents list last year in the USA:

Patenting by Organizations <BR> (Utility Patents) <BR> 2012
    Most people don't see that fact but see the fact we're getting something early... Gives a person a feeling of exclusivity and being better than everyone else cause they have something the general public don't

Google are just tapped into everything... Can't wait till they actually wire us up to a server :\ Apple just thinks it taking over the world like a 3rd rate dictator with the propaganda everything they do is amazing.. Even going to the toilet is innovative

Finally that report you quoted was back in 2012... We are in 2014 right... Last year = 2013? Plus were both wrong... BlackBerry was 20th.. Intel was 18th

Why do leakers leak?-patentstandings-558x810.png

Source: Link
    01-25-14 04:42 PM
    Finally that report you quoted was back in 2012... We are in 2014 right... Last year = 2013? Plus were both wrong... BlackBerry was 20th.. Intel was 18th

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	patentstandings-558x810.png 
Views:	398 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	241675

Source: Link

I quoted 2012 because the US Patent Office has not released stats for 2013 yet. The figures in the ZDnet article were obtained from a third party and are not official. Also you stated "applications" while the stats I showed for 2012 were actual grants.

(I suspect the 3rd party stats are reasonably close because they probably monitor filings/awards externally and produce a report faster than the USPTO, but still they aren't official numbers.)
    01-27-14 02:05 AM
    Like why woodchuckers chuck wood.

Posted via CB10 | Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1791
    01-27-14 02:54 AM
    Lol.. they should pay us the downloaders...

Remember this?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=832027

Posted via Awesome Astro flying10.2.1.1925 on CB10. For a regular dose of Quotes, subscribe C001190A9 .
    Last edited by jafrul; 01-27-14 at 03:40 AM.
    01-27-14 03:14 AM
    The question is why do people download leaks?

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    01-27-14 03:16 AM
    I quoted 2012 because the US Patent Office has not released stats for 2013 yet. The figures in the ZDnet article were obtained from a third party and are not official. Also you stated "applications" while the stats I showed for 2012 were actual grants.

(I suspect the 3rd party stats are reasonably close because they probably monitor filings/awards externally and produce a report faster than the USPTO, but still they aren't official numbers.)
    Yeah they shouldn't be too far from official stats. Still amazing for a supposedly dying firm to be in the top 50 innovating firms in the world :/. They are a amazing firm which I would like to see succeeding... Sick and tired of Apple's iSheep people out there showing me a 5S and saying it's new :/. The mobile market is stationary right now cause there's nothing new to implement and improve. For the new iPhone all they updated was a processor to 64bit.. That's desperate...

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 10:39 AM
    I struggle to take seriously the idea that leaks limit Blackberry's opportunity to publicise new features, given that isn't something they even try to do.

Example 1 - rather than advertise the bridge app as a universal Bluetooth mouse & keyboard, they disabled the functionality to limit it to playbooks

Example 2 - I read a gadget mag yesterday that was claiming that a new phone (LG I think) was the only one that could play Flac files. Admittedly that's partly reviewer error, but did anyone see the z30 promoted as "best speakers and best sound processing"?

This may be a tangent about BlackBerry marketing, but it should demonstrate why leaking to a hardcore user base is not a problem, marketing -wise

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 11:16 AM
58 123