06-17-15 08:27 AM
187 ... 678
tools
    I have been using BlackBerry for the last 7 years. I got my first BlackBerry 10 device,which was a Zed10 on the third day after its launch. I can tell you for sure that BlackBerry 10 of every version and every leak has been running well. Don't tell me about APKS cuz I don't give it a damn. All in all,it is a simulator. If an APK runs better in a simulator, Google can just go all the way down to hell. Technician working for Google aren't stupid. As for the OS itself, I am more than happy with it. My wife uses BlackBerry too. Before Z10,she had an iPhone 4S,and I have never heard any complaint from her about Z10/Z30/Passport being slow. I spent two days trying out iPhone 5S for fun and that was awful. It does run smoothly. But things just can't get right when I am about into serious business: composing an email, sending a text, ,or even worse, some document work.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 03:59 AM
    My Device is smooth. Much smoother then an actuall Samsung device as a factory reset. And the speed is really improved with every update I think and with 10.3.2 android apps often starts much faster then on original Android Phones.
    I think BB is working on the speed but need muuuuuuuch time for fixing Bugs or sometimes it seems they are not interested in Bug Fixing. But speed and the Battery on my Passport is great and fluid.

モーニング娘。15 ... my BlackBerryZ : Storm9500, Torch9860, Bold9900, Z10, Passport
    06-15-15 04:06 AM
    The op has all those phones and all I could think of was...that's a mortgage payment right there...

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 06:39 AM
    My Q10 runs buttery smooth I'm on 10.3.2.2204... love this phone and this OS has been getting better and better since release... it's like day and night now... I was tempted on getting the classic but for what? Passport is too big for my taste... hopefully the next gen to follow the Q10 is as good it's predecessor is...

Posted via CB10
    kayuz6 likes this.
    06-15-15 11:32 AM
    10.3.2.xxxx is lagging big time on my Z10. Facebook (latest vers) takes minutes to show what a new notification is for. Phone answering/calling is slow.
    06-15-15 01:01 PM
    My Z10 STL100-3 has been choppy since I first installed 10.3.x. It remained that way through all subsequent OS upgrades until 10.3.2.2204 last week. For the first time since 10.2 the phone is smooth and a pleasure to use again.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 01:06 PM
    I'd happily disable some unused functions if it would get rid of the annoying lag in the functions I do use.

Paper and pencil often beats BB.
    06-15-15 01:20 PM
    I can agree regarding the "smoothness," or perceived lag on BB10 vs a Samsung. My wife has a Samsung S4, I have a Z10, hers seems faster as far as the display of things is concerned, however, I can get things done much faster on my Z10 than she can. When we are doing the same things, like emails, or changing a setting, I can do it faster on BB10 than she can on her S4.

Being fast displaying things is great to a degree, but it is negated when you have to click through too many screens to get to something. BB10 has them all beat for actual productivity.
    06-15-15 05:28 PM
    I understand where OP is getting at. For me, the relationship with the classic has been a love/hate one. I had some major problems with contacts which took me about 1 month to find a workaround which I still use on.10.3.2.2204. Contacts problem - on "the" business phone. And this is just one of many (described a few of them in a post).

The device is really good for e-mails and typing but I would never choose a full-touch device from BlackBerry. Apart from the hub and keyboard, there really isn't any other productivity feature that makes it better than ios or android.

From a pure software performance perspective, BB 10 os is far behind its competition. Some people point out that it's only 2 years old, and that iPhone worked the same at that age, but it doesn't matter. Relative to the current offer of mediun to high end smartphones, BB is hardly any competition. My nexus 5 wich came out before the classic and was the same price at launch was way faster. The iPhone 6 is buttery smooth for real.

Should we all hold off on buying berrys for the next 5 years just to get a fully baked OS? Even so, ios and android will only get better, so it's not sure that bb will ever catch up.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 08:24 PM
    10.3.2 was a great improvement for me. Buttery smooth now.

Unlike ios each new update seems to make older devices better. Sure iphones are smooth out of the box and if you never install updates. The last update for mine made it almost unusable without jailbreaking and installing a memory manager.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 12:05 AM
    I understand where OP is getting at. For me, the relationship with the classic has been a love/hate one. I had some major problems with contacts which took me about 1 month to find a workaround which I still use on.10.3.2.2204. Contacts problem - on "the" business phone. And this is just one of many (described a few of them in a post).

The device is really good for e-mails and typing but I would never choose a full-touch device from BlackBerry. Apart from the hub and keyboard, there really isn't any other productivity feature that makes it better than ios or android.

From a pure software performance perspective, BB 10 os is far behind its competition. Some people point out that it's only 2 years old, and that iPhone worked the same at that age, but it doesn't matter. Relative to the current offer of mediun to high end smartphones, BB is hardly any competition. My nexus 5 wich came out before the classic and was the same price at launch was way faster. The iPhone 6 is buttery smooth for real.

Should we all hold off on buying berrys for the next 5 years just to get a fully baked OS? Even so, ios and android will only get better, so it's not sure that bb will ever catch up.

Posted via CB10
    Can't agree more with you on this. I'm pretty new to Blackberry community as I only started with Q10 in 2013 (which was sold pretty quickly due to noticeable lags and some other reasons I'm no gonna get into). Now I'm using Classic running 10.3.1.2576 and it's not buttery smooth and its never been. I love the toolbelt, I love the keyboard and I love the typing experience but browsing through menus and settings and stuff is just so much slower than on other devices.

Just yesterday I was having a few beers with a friend of mine who owns some 3 or 4 year old LG phone so we switched around as I was curious how responsive her phone was and she's never seen Classic before. What can I say - hers is lightening fast and Classic is nowhere near that speed and it wasn't upsetting but leaving you with this kinda feeling that you have some old phone that is not up-to-date.

And I don't know if that is OS problem or lack of appropriate hardware but it really kills the joy of using it for me. I want my phone to be super fast responsive and quit "thinking" before opening something in settings or whenever I'm editing my calendar notes.

I'm pretty adjustable to new things and I don't expect my Classic to have the same features as other phones do or previous OS had but its lagginess bothers me a lot. I thought it (irritation) would go away with time but it doesn't and I'm really considering switching the platforms. Shame. Great phone.
    06-17-15 03:59 AM
    My Q10 runs buttery smooth I'm on 10.3.2.2204... love this phone and this OS has been getting better and better since release... it's like day and night now... I was tempted on getting the classic but for what? Passport is too big for my taste... hopefully the next gen to follow the Q10 is as good it's predecessor is...

Posted via CB10
    exact the same experience
    06-17-15 08:27 AM
187 ... 678