06-17-15 07:27 AM
187 ... 5678
    This thread is a testimonial that people are never happy with whatever they have... they'll always aim for something better or.
    BlackBerry 10 OS is a new OS, it will take some time for it to develop (especially under a leaner team).
    I guess most of the issues that are being spoken of.. will be sorted out in the next couple of releases...

I know that 10.0 was buggy and laggy and seemed like it was unfinished...(reminded me of PlayBook OS), but then this OS has steadily improved and now is smoother and better...

No changes happen overnight... but certainly BlackBerry is in the right direction.

Posted via CB10 and my awesome Z30STA100-2/
    meltbox360 likes this.
    12-22-14 02:22 PM
    Maybe you just like IOS and you roped in Android for idish's and giggles!

"It is better to die for an idea that will live, than to live for an idea that will die" -Steve Biko. Zediculous 30 
    12-22-14 03:54 PM
    Why do you compare 2 years old phone with new model?
    Compare it with iPhone 4 or HTC Amaze 4G
    12-22-14 04:34 PM
    I think OP need to check the frame rate of his own eyes. I have never experienced what he claims. The iOS and Android devices I have seen from friends and family are no more "fluid" than my Z10, including the iPhone 6 my nephew has. My wife's android Samsung tablet however, now that's a real POS and runs like OP describes.

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    12-22-14 11:20 PM
    I don't know how you get that conclusion... Z10 may be faster in particular places, but overall it is no more smoother than iPhone 5,there is no way it's faster than 6, 'cause it's running a new OS that is not yet as mature as ios, and its hardware is worse than iPhone 5's.

Posted via CB10
    jpvj and meltbox360 like this.
    12-22-14 11:45 PM
    Why don't people compare Android devices to Android Devices? You'll get a true test then as to how good a handset is running Android. Compare brands running Android.
    Compare an iPhone 6 against an iPhone 5S and report back to see if the iPhone 6 really is worth the $700+ price tag just for an upgrade with exactly the same **** loaded on it.

I think comparing those Devices against the BlackBerry 10 offering is a **** poor excuse for masking your own issues with an OS but the BlackBerry always seems to be easy pickings without taking in to account the maturity of the OS etc. In essence, BlackBerry has never blown smoke up their own *** with the BlackBerry 10 offering. They have released a device for the particular area they want to target where the others have just peppered the consumer market as safety in numbers.
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    12-26-14 03:50 AM
    Wow that post got to me, I have owned each major device since 2008 and BlackBerry 10 is still one of the more consistent OS's out there. on the z10 is the smoothest for that device. Leaks are not beneficial to devices they weren't designed for. The leaks were designed and optimized for the Passport thus stutters here and there on other devices. The ui icons where designed for that 4.5" 1440p screen thus the smaller icons and font. It also uses more resources that can occasionally have memory or resource leaks causing performance and battery issues. Keep in mind that the leaks are not official BlackBerry software ready for prime time and just used for developers to test their applications on. As for android, it took android until last year to finally get performance across-the-board from all the devices to show a rather smooth operation. Windows phone 8 has been consistent across the board and only have gotten better with each update. iOS unfortunately has hit their brick walls with older devices on their latest OS. At least BlackBerry and Microsoft design the software to work on all devices in their ecosystem. Android is to fragmented in that respect to do this.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 09:52 AM
    I love how you point out how the screen goes bezerk opening an sms or composing a new one. I am shocked this is a problem still.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 06:43 PM
    Blackberry does a much better job of supporting older hardware then apple does. They made my iphone practically unusable with the last update it got.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry 10 is only 2 years old. Last time i checked, apple supports hardware 4 years old... (iPhone 4s)

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 09:54 PM
    Blackberry 10.2.2 on Z10 is just a joke, even my ex iPhone 4S on iOS 7 is smoother.
    Try to open and take a picture
    Try to open an email
    Try to open Word or PDF document
    iPhone 4s is better.

Though I keep using my Z10, it's kinda old school phone, that's cool.
    12-28-14 08:22 AM
    Anyone claiming everything's running fluidly should get their 'real world eyes framerate' checked. Maybe you need to get an iPhone 6 and do a side-by-side to help collaborate what fluidity actually looks like (not comparing the newer hardware but actually learning what smooth looks like...).

I can see you defending the progress but at the same if you claim this experience is super smooth you need first world help. I love my blackberry but I'm tired of seeing children doing amazing tasks with blistering speeds on their iPhones while here I am with a business tier (marketed as) phone and can barely do microsoft paint level operations in a timely manner.

I personally believe my problems arise from major cpu throttling, for that coveted "battery life"; I don't cripple my laptop just for battery life unless I absolutely must, but my phone behaves as if a computer that had everything throttled & crippled just to further a claim that needs an asterisk;

**battery life comes from crippling user experience, forcibly diming the disply, undermining the cpu, etc-- to give state of the art battery life...** this philosophy is like a diet where you lose weight by not eating and starving yourself to get the results...

Again, some people may need to collaborate what smooth looks like, if your claiming everything is super smooth, lets start from the beginning. Take your finger and swipe back and forth on your icons on your home page, and if you call what you see, in sync with your finger... then please visit an eye doctor, or consult with an English teacher because you don't know the meaning of smooth in regards to fluidity.

Yes there are many many things to love about the phone and be excited for in the future, but no one wants to use slow \ sluggish technology... That's like one of the key statements of a good engineering team is fast and efficient software. No one likes to use slow anything. The faster it is, the better it is... why bother trying to argue that slow is good when you know it's not?

If you're okay with slow and like to move slowly and not fly through tasks then that's you--but for me every second matters when it comes to productivity. That's why I like hardware keyboards, they're the fastest. Unfortunately performing tasks on my blackberry doesn't tell the same story. And I'm making a big deal of this because I hope they aren't seriously ignoring engineering for speed because they might be as some of you clearly are.

All in all, I'm not saying it's the slowest thing ever; but it's arguably the slowest current gen product out there.
    Wow, it took you a long time just to get a couple of points across, bit sluggish.

 Z10
    12-29-14 08:17 AM
    Wow, it took you a long time just to get a couple of points across, bit sluggish.

 Z10
    U mad bro?

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 08:33 AM

 Z10
    He was being thorough and had some damn good points. Z10 was okay in its day. I bought it for the OS and how it works. Definitely not because it was super smooth because there are plenty of phones out there that are smoother.

Let's not pretend now.

And having said all that I'm sticking to this phone for another year or two at the very least.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 01:22 AM
    Runs pretty darn smooth on my Z30. What are you on about?

12-30-14 01:30 AM
    Passport is super smooth. Of course the z10 is 2 years old now but it still performs admirably and gets better with each update.

Nothing like the joke last update I got for my iphone before I got the z10 that almost made the device unusable. I had to jailbreak and install a memory app and micro manage it just to keep it running.

Posted via CB10
    meltbox360 likes this.
    12-30-14 01:43 AM
    So I can't help but notice that there still hasn't been any videos of BB10 deleting several images/emails at once without lagging. Kinda crazy how the folks who notice the lag have no problem capturing the lag on video, yet all of the folks who report no lag can't seem to do the same. Oh well, I'm not at all surprised.
    12-30-14 10:24 PM
    So I can't help but notice that there still hasn't been any videos of BB10 deleting several images/emails at once without lagging. Kinda crazy how the folks who notice the lag have no problem capturing the lag on video, yet all of the folks who report no lag can't seem to do the same. Oh well, I'm not at all surprised.
    I just tested deleting several emails at once and they all disappeared instantly on 10.3.1 so not sure what you're getting at.

And I'm not going to waste time uploading a video over something so trivial.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by matt4pack; 12-31-14 at 08:29 AM.
    12-30-14 11:47 PM
    Just my two cents. BlackBerry OS 10 is a promising OS.

Posted via Q10 OS
    12-30-14 11:50 PM
    This may be the dumbest thread I've seen on here.

If you really care so much what the pop up animation for deleting an app there is something seriously wrong with you.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 12:34 AM
    Dear Blackberry, please recall this powerful scene from the film 'Remember the Titans'; "did I ask for your excuses? You want to act like a star, you'd better give me a star effort".
    12-31-14 01:31 AM
    Ehhh I don't know but even my lowly Z10 doesn't lag on either of those. It does on other things though but I'm afraid I can't give you this one.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 01:36 AM
    I like and enjoy using my Z30. End of story.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 07:28 AM
    will this stop some day? People looking for the perfect phone, I mean we're all different so, there would be a lot of different ideas of the "perfect phone".
    Could it be better in a lot of things? Well, it could always be better.
    There are phones out there that surpasses blackberry in some aspects? You bet there are.
    BlackBerry is great for some things? Sure.
    Is it better than others in terms of productivity? Perhaps.
    Well, my point is, it's pointless writing down all the things you dislike about your phone in here just as frustration. If you have something to suggest, and you think it would make a difference in terms of making BlackBerry better, perhaps should it be directed through other means.
    I mean, I'm not saying it CAN'T be discussed here, or that this thread is BS, but, I consider it's pointless having a bunch of ppl saying "oh, it's the smoothest" and another bunch "you're wrong, X phone is smoother" "prove it" "no, you prove it" and it goes on and on.
    I hope no one gets offended with my comment, but it's just my 2 cents. Happy new year to all of you guys.

PS: blackberry IS THE smoothest haha lol
    12-31-14 08:35 AM
    im a new blackberry user. and i, by far, really love the overall device and OS. which made me think that i should have used blackberry before. now i dont have any plans to go back to android. but one thing i notice in my z10 is the transition of the settings. in my q10 it runs so smooth but in my z10 theres a slightly bug. they both running OS10.3. and i checked my officemate's z10 which is running 10.2 it runs so smooth.
    06-14-15 11:48 PM
    I think you don't know what you are talking about bb10 is soooo much better now than it was released but like all software there will be something that is wrong and this goes for ALL phones and ALL computers not just blackberry .....ios and droid phones are just the same but ppl just ignore the faults with iphones because they want everybody to think that iphones are the best
    06-15-15 01:01 AM
187 ... 5678