06-17-15 07:27 AM
187 1234 ...
tools
    Trying to save a photo from BBM....
    Why the BlackBerry 10 OS can not running smoothly-img_20141212_034002.png
    Trying to upload that screenshot I just took to this post...
    Why the BlackBerry 10 OS can not running smoothly-img_20141212_034056.png
    and it stayed like this for at least ten seconds. Sometimes it may show just the most recent photo for like ten seconds before it finally loads the rest; I know you think it's just ten seconds but in reality every time it happens if you often have to access libraries, you're thinking, ugh, here we go again with the delay. You can't tell me you guys aren't seeing this lack of fluency in every release.

The lights are on but no one's home.
    12-12-14 02:44 AM
    I should add that a friend of mine (quite senior at Qualcomm) mentioned some months ago that a number of problems manufacturers face are in part due to poor driversets and tools provided by Qualcomm themselves. It is one area in which Qualcomm are looking to improve.

So another thing to keep in mind is that whilst BlackBerry can always fix bugs and optimise, not everything is completely in their control.

Posted via CB10
    The odd thing I found is while my Note 4 and Tab S has the Samsung Exynos Octa processors in both of them they both start to lag and stutter after a couple of hours of use so I need to reboot them to get rid of the lag and even then it doesn't get rid of the lag and stuttering completely. I also have 2 Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 tablets with Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 CPU's in them and they are far far less laggy and actually feel almost as fluid as my IOS devices so figure that one out.
    12-12-14 02:49 AM
    OK so I am one of the lucky ones who's blackberry z30 is running incredible smooth like I never experienced on any other device before, even with the leak 1151 installed on it. Thanks for sharing your issues !

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 02:50 AM
    Trying to save a photo from BBM....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141212_034002.png 
Views:	2901 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	320239
    Trying to upload that screenshot I just took to this post...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141212_034056.png 
Views:	2897 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	320238
    and it stayed like this for at least ten seconds. Sometimes it may show just the most recent photo for like ten seconds before it finally loads the rest; I know you think it's just ten seconds but in reality every time it happens if you often have to access libraries, you're thinking, ugh, here we go again with the delay. You can't tell me you guys aren't seeing this lack of fluency in every release.

The lights are on but no one's home.
    Nope, hasn't happened to me....yet
    bbjdog likes this.
    12-12-14 02:55 AM
    The odd thing I found is while my Note 4 and Tab S has the Samsung Exynos Octa processors in both of them they both start to lag and stutter after a couple of hours of use so I need to reboot them to get rid of the lag and even then it doesn't get rid of the lag and stuttering completely. I also have 2 Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 tablets with Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 CPU's in them and they are far far less laggy and actually feel almost as fluid as my IOS devices so figure that one out.
    Yeah, had the same with every Android device I've used. One was a OMAP 4470 device (so not Qualcomm). Think it's an Android trait.

My passport does start to go a bit nuts sometimes after a few days use, meaning I have to reboot. Not as bad as with Android though.

Anyway I do still think there's a lot of room for improvement in BB10's overall flow. Some little bugs get on my nerves quite a bit, even if ultimately they only slow me down a second or two.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 02:57 AM
    OK so I am one of the lucky ones who's blackberry z30 is running incredible smooth like I never experienced on any other device before, even with the leak 1151 installed on it. Thanks for sharing your issues !

Posted via CB10
    I find the Z30 and the PP are fairly fluid but not as fluid as IOS and far more fluid than ANY Samsung device but as Deckard79 said in an earlier post there is always room for improvement.
    12-12-14 02:59 AM
    Lol. Android phones new or old can have all kinds of issues. The added bloatware, custom Android skins, etc can cause issues.

IOS I agree is pretty smooth. But Apple is unique with software and hardware tightly designed to work together.

BlackBerry 10 I find to be pretty smooth.

You'll have to post some specifics preferably with video if you want to show what you mean and perhaps get some help.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-12-14 03:03 AM
    I've seen a couple lag here and there, but i also seen a couple lags on Androids and IOS as well. So meh
    Last edited by Aljean Thein; 12-12-14 at 03:23 PM.
    bbjdog and mk2234 like this.
    12-12-14 03:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    when you tried iOS, you will know the issue.
    12-12-14 03:11 AM
    i see nothing to compare with iOS or Android.

Been using BB for 9 years and always back to BB when i was on iOS or Android for my office work.

BB 10 just started in the last 2 years and for me it is like a baby who starting to run ... when you compare the same thing with iOS and Android when it was 2 years.... BB10 is far ahead ...

But for me.. if you dont like BB , just dont use it ... use what you like to .. simple thing
    mk2234 and eduzojordan like this.
    12-12-14 03:26 AM
    i see nothing to compare with iOS or Android.

Been using BB for 9 years and always back to BB when i was on iOS or Android for my office work.

BB 10 just started in the last 2 years and for me it is like a baby who starting to run ... when you compare the same thing with iOS and Android when it was 2 years.... BB10 is far ahead ...

But for me.. if you dont like BB , just dont use it ... use what you like to .. simple thing
    If I don't like BB, why should I buy those BB devices? You are right, BB is the most suitable device I have ever use in work, but in witness of losing the entire consumer market, what I suggest is to ask BB team to step up their effort to improve those BUGS.
    jtv1 likes this.
    12-12-14 03:32 AM
    Lol. Android phones new or old can have all kinds of issues. The added bloatware, custom Android skins, etc can cause issues.

IOS I agree is pretty smooth. But Apple is unique with software and hardware tightly designed to work together.

BlackBerry 10 I find to be pretty smooth.

You'll have to post some specifics preferably with video if you want to show what you mean and perhaps get some help.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    Just for Android, try a thirdparty OS, like MIUIOS, no any lags at all.
    stevie_wonder likes this.
    12-12-14 03:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    Look at this way, when you use the visual keyboard in Z30, compare with iOS and high-end Android devices(Xiaomi4 or S5 using a thirdparty MIUI OS), you will find the lags in BB OS10 especially the fluency of popping up the keyboard..
    12-12-14 03:37 AM
    I can definitely testify that scrolling through large amounts of photos has been problematic & even impossible on every release of bb10 I've used. (Official 10.2-10.3 latests) and this is something that should be essential to any engineering team.

Like who releases an Operating System that can't deal with large amounts of photos? Makes you feel as if you aren't allowed to store too many images on your phone despite having the large storage space to do so.

This is something that's completely behind Android and iOS and it is extremely essential as well as demonstrative of how undeveloped, un-optimized, or unequipped the OS is.

*in before "you have poor SD cards, faulty configs", & "it's somehow all your own fault" comments*
    I've got a lot of pictures too, but periodically I organize some of them into folders. It's fairly easy to do, unlike with an iOS device unless I'm missing something.
    12-12-14 03:49 AM
    Honesty, I was like you. Bought my device in February, where the highest available OS was 10.2.1. I have a Z10, and it was quite laggy sometimes. It was quite the let down, considering everybody praised BB10's fluidity. Installed 10.3.1 and it's crazy how smooth it is. Scrolling is absolutely amazing now. Now I have pretty much no complaints. I can't wait until we get to the higher up builds (10.3.1.2xxx) and they iron out the last bits of lag.

Pretty happy Z10 owner right now.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Moopusmaximus; 12-12-14 at 06:03 AM.
    cdnynot likes this.
    12-12-14 04:23 AM
    Never had any lags on my q10... although my s3 and s4 and xperia are all terrible and laggy

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    12-12-14 05:39 AM
    Android interactions are way smooth? You say you have an S5 - then you should already know how laggy it gets if you don't reboot it every day - same with Note 4 as well as Tab S and they have Exynos Octa core cpu's LOL and before you ask - yes, I do own these devices.
    I agree. I own a tab S, don't have that much apps in it, only just for browsing and reading maps while travelling, no games at all, it lags sometime, even when scrooling the app drawer, scrooling between app icons.

So, every platform has their strength and weakness. I use my z10 for work since messaging, emailing, and typing on it is amazing. My android mainly for backup in case my z run out of battery, play games to kill time, and social media occasionally.

Yes, BlackBerry is late in making a new os. But, IMO the one who is left behind can be the leader.

Remember when BlackBerry revolutionized messaging in the mobile phone world, everyone was using BlackBerry especially in Indonesia. And then apple launched the iPhone 3G. It was sucks. Next came iphone 4 that becomes the turnaround moment for iphone. Same thing with android in its early stages.

And now, BlackBerry 10 is still in its second year, and IMO BlackBerry is doing good. I love the hub, i can practically done everything only from the hub.

Posted via CB10
    bbjdog and eduzojordan like this.
    12-12-14 07:04 AM
    Mine working flawless

Proud User of Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.1151 |||| Arpi's Kitchen- Being Indian, and from Indore, Cooking is important part of our life. Me and my Bro always try to make some thing innovative, some thing different, everyday. Innovation is now part of daily cooking. Here I share my innovative recipes, just for you. Please download my latest App on Android and Blackberry10 Phones. Android : http://www.androidcreator.com/app32360 BlackBerry World : http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59947339 Please share with your friends. Yum Yum Yummy !!! - Arpita Patankar
    southlander likes this.
    12-12-14 07:05 AM
    If it were flawless there would be no further OS updates and no bugfixes.

Whether you find BB10 to be at times laggy and unresponsive depends largely on how you use the device, and what your expectations are.

Hundreds of Crackberry users (many experienced) concur that there are some problems with overall UI performance. BlackBerry even acknowledged some problems I reported.

For example, a problem reported by users regarding dreadfully slow OneDrive performance led to an app update.

If the OP is not satisfied with performance, he's far from the only one. If others ARE satisfied, likewise.

The thing is to acknowledge the OS for what it is, appreciate what it does well whilst being honest about its weaknesses.

Posted via CB10
    Kamika007z likes this.
    12-12-14 08:02 AM
    Wow

Proud User of Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.1151 |||| Arpi's Kitchen- Being Indian, and from Indore, Cooking is important part of our life. Me and my Bro always try to make some thing innovative, some thing different, everyday. Innovation is now part of daily cooking. Here I share my innovative recipes, just for you. Please download my latest App on Android and Blackberry10 Phones. Android : http://www.androidcreator.com/app32360 BlackBerry World : http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59947339 Please share with your friends. Yum Yum Yummy !!! - Arpita Patankar
    Deckard79 likes this.
    12-12-14 08:13 AM
    Blackberry does a much better job of supporting older hardware then apple does. They made my iphone practically unusable with the last update it got.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 08:40 AM
    Blackberry does a much better job of supporting older hardware then apple does. They made my iphone practically unusable with the last update it got.

Posted via CB10
    Planned obsolescence. They've always done this. It does kinda suck.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 08:46 AM
    Wow

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 08:50 AM
    If I don't like BB, why should I buy those BB devices? You are right, BB is the most suitable device I have ever use in work, but in witness of losing the entire consumer market, what I suggest is to ask BB team to step up their effort to improve those BUGS.
    Just like as said, it is a baby .... can we ask the baby to run fast ?

All old mistakes made by earlier CEO should be fixed by New CEO but of course need time for it...

What we can do now, is to support them ... specially in CrackBerry forum so they can see and understand what the end user need..
    12-12-14 08:56 AM
    Yes it's true: it is not the most fluid operating system around, but is much more fluid than Android.

All those who use Android know what it means to click the "back" arrow button and wait 2 or 3 seconds for a sign of life, !!

Anyway who cares! BB OS allows speed of execution that is twice as any other operating systems...
    12-12-14 09:12 AM
187 1234 ...