12-02-14 06:20 AM
75 123
tools
    Guys I'm having a huge problem. So I installed the 10.3.1 leak a while ago and I had a problem where all my BBM contacts, groups and channels disappeared. I was frustrated but after a while, I got over it.

...that is until I tried to download an app I paid for before on BlackBerry World. And it wanted me to pay again. So I thought it was a bug with that app until I checked my "available apps" section and all my apps were gone from there.

WHAT IS GOING ON???

I paid over $200 on apps (checked my receipts) and I want to be able to download my apps again with out paying again. How do I fix this????

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 01:39 PM
    Sounds like you didn't sign into your bbid during setup with the user name you were using before. Go to settings, BlackBerry ID and check your username.
    11-28-14 01:43 PM
    Make sure you are logged into the same BlackBerryID that you used to purchase the apps. This could also cause the BBM problem.
    11-28-14 01:43 PM
    Hi Patrick! A few days ago I had the opposite problem: while I wanted to pay for apps, BlackBerry was stubbornly decided not to take my money. Everything was in place, and the problem persisted for about a week, until it vanished in a way as mysterious as it appeared in the first place. If you're now logged in with the same BBID you was using when you bought those apps, then it might be an issue with the servers at BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 STL100-1 / 10.3.1.1151
    11-28-14 01:54 PM
    OK that made sense.

...But it won't let me use my email address
    Whoops!Signed into the wrong BBID-img_20141128_145514_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 01:56 PM
    Little question: can you describe your "upgrade route" (initial OS Version, final OS Version and upgrade method)? If you can, please do it I don't recall reading about such an issue in the F&F thread. This might be something new...

11-28-14 02:06 PM
    Guys I'm having a huge problem. So I installed the 10.3.1 leak a while ago and I had a problem where all my BBM contacts, groups and channels disappeared. I was frustrated but after a while, I got over it.

...that is until I tried to download an app I paid for before on BlackBerry World. And it wanted me to pay again. So I thought it was a bug with that app until I checked my "available apps" section and all my apps were gone from there.

WHAT IS GOING ON???

I paid over $200 on apps (checked my receipts) and I want to be able to download my apps again with out paying again. How do I fix this????

Posted via CB10
    You probably ended up using a different BBID or maybe created a new one instead of using the one you previously used.

Posted via my White.Leopard
    11-28-14 02:07 PM
    I upgraded from 10.3 to 10.3.1 through autoloader and then from 10.3.1.6xx or something to 10.3.1.1xxx through autoloader. Why won't they accept my email? It used to be in use, not anymore of course since my phone isn't with that id

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 02:10 PM
    Okay edit:

So I think editing the blackberry Id is literally to change my ID and not to login to another account like I thought.

So I guess I can't download apps until I use an autoloader again

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 02:14 PM
    Can you login with BlackBerry Link? You could try logging in there to then log out. And only after logging out in Link try again to log in with your phone.

11-28-14 02:15 PM
    Okay edit:

So I think editing the blackberry Id is literally to change my ID and not to login to another account like I thought.

So I guess I can't download apps until I use an autoloader again

Posted via CB10
    You will need to "wipe" your phone to use another BBID.

Please note that changing email address doesn't mean you have changed the BBID. It simply changes the contact info.

11-28-14 02:18 PM
    Easiest and fastest way to log out of the bbid you now are signed into, is to reload the last autoloader you used and go through the setup again.
    11-28-14 02:22 PM
    Once you log in on BB, you can't change BBID until you wipe
    That is the ONLY way
    Some people think that it's possible to edit your BBID, but they are WRONG
    11-28-14 02:24 PM
    Or run the autoloader again. Same outcome.
    11-28-14 02:25 PM
    It would be awesome if BlackBerry would let you simply log out and log in with a different ID. But things can't be simple I guess...
    11-28-14 02:28 PM
    It would be awesome if BlackBerry would let you simply log out and log in with a different ID. But things can't be simple I guess...
    Not really. Because then BlackBerry Protect would be useless. Anyone who steals your phone could simply hit log out and use your phone?

11-28-14 02:29 PM
    Not really. Because then BlackBerry Protect would be useless. Anyone who steals your phone could simply hit log out and use your phone?

But they'd need the password of the ID before logging out

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 02:36 PM
    But they'd need the password of the ID before logging out

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't asking for the password when you logout sound very awkward? I mean that doesn't happen anywhere else commonly. Anyway, your idea is a bit sensible. But, imagine what would happen to the apps downloaded using the first BBID. There would be problems of piracy.

11-28-14 02:39 PM
    Doesn't asking for the password when you logout sound very awkward? I mean that doesn't happen anywhere else commonly. Anyway, your idea is a bit sensible. But, imagine what would happen to the apps downloaded using the first BBID. There would be problems of piracy.

I don't think asking for your password sounds awkward, it's a matter of security, so I'm pretty sure no one would be insulted. As far as your point about apps, there would obviously have to be a pop up with a message that says that all purchased apps will be deleted and ask you if you want to proceed. I'm sure BlackBerry could figure it out. Would make it much easier for those who accidentally signed in with the wrong ID during setup.
    11-28-14 02:47 PM
    I don't think asking for your password sounds awkward, it's a matter of security, so I'm pretty sure no one would be insulted. As far as your point about apps, there would obviously have to be a pop up with a message that says that all purchased apps will be deleted and ask you if you want to proceed. I'm sure BlackBerry could figure it out. Would make it much easier for those who accidentally signed in with the wrong ID during setup.
    Deleting all apps, bbm chats, etc would take maybe a wee bit lesser time than a security wipe. But then again, "logout" feature doesn't necessarily outweigh with the benefits compared to the amount of work needed to put into it.

11-28-14 02:51 PM
    https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login/

Try signing in there with your e-mail.

Via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    FF22 likes this.
    11-28-14 02:57 PM
    Deleting all apps, bbm chats, etc would take maybe a wee bit lesser time than a security wipe. But then again, "logout" feature doesn't necessarily outweigh with the benefits compared to the amount of work needed to put into it.

I agree, it would be some work for BlackBerry to implement. But here's an example, a user who say left BlackBerry and decides to come back. Now he had created more than one ID and isn't sure which one he wants to use. So he goes through the setup and realizes he signed in with the wrong one. Now he gets frustrated trying to figure out how to log out and sign in with the other account. So now, not only is he frustrated, he starts to rethink his decision of going back to BlackBerry, as he has already had a bad experience right from the start. So therefore, I think it would be beneficial for BlackBerry to add this ability, just to help give new or returning users a better experience from the get go.
    11-28-14 03:15 PM
    I agree, it would be some work for BlackBerry to implement. But here's an example, a user who say left BlackBerry and decides to come back. Now he had created more than one ID and isn't sure which one he wants to use. So he goes through the setup and realizes he signed in with the wrong one. Now he gets frustrated trying to figure out how to log out and sign in with the other account. So now, not only is he frustrated, he starts to rethink his decision of going back to BlackBerry, as he has already had a bad experience right from the start. So therefore, I think it would be beneficial for BlackBerry to add this ability, just to help give new or returning users a better experience from the get go.
    I think your expecting too much out of BlackBerry, if someone is that fickle it's their loss

If you change ur I'd for apple or Google you don't get any of the apps / purchases / syncing associated with the old id

Posted via CB10
    warreng likes this.
    11-28-14 03:23 PM
    All I'm saying is that it would make things easier. I realize that it's not a major issue, and personally, it has never been an issue for me. But I can see how it would be for less experienced or new users. But I'm all done with this topic, so carry on lol.
    11-28-14 03:34 PM
    Some of you will hate me for saying this. Some may even lash out for it. Sorry, I'm chuckling too much to hold back.

Patrick, do you recognize the irony, of using a stolen OS, and being frustrated that BlackBerry, or you through some fault of your own, in some strange twist has managed to block your access to purchased apps?

For the record, I'd be frustrated too.
    11-28-14 04:24 PM
75 123