06-13-16 04:26 PM
52 123
tools
    It's a security risk. Won't happen.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    05-29-16 06:26 AM
    Nope. It's recording without speaker phone on.
    SE is for premium, unless you're that other fruit user
    Yes, opposite side is in record, but in low volume and terrible quality. Because it is recorded from mic, not chip.
    Maybe in Passport is bigger hole between internal call-speaker and mic.
    05-29-16 03:26 PM
    I am in. Would be highly useful.

The berry every day keeps the Droid away...

Posted via CB10
    05-30-16 03:41 PM
    Not sure if anyone posted it, but I found that Remember can record the phone call. Just start recording sound, and make a phone call. Of course that it doesn't automatically record call when you receive it, but it's free and built-in.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 11:19 AM
    Not legal where? Many countries is more freedom then "freedom" America ...
    Canada for example. You cannot record a conversation here without prior notification and consent. It's part of the Canadian privacy act. I was having issues with a couple coworkers and ask HR about recording my conversations discreetly via my BlackBerry. Was told not unless they sign off on it first or I'd get my arse sued.

Posted via CB with my Passport to productivity
    06-01-16 10:10 AM
    Call recording is great as a personal reminder. Parrot worked for me, but it didn't do direct recording. I stopped using it when I found myself using a headset more....

But it's not something that you can use in many areas to PROVE someone told you something.
    06-01-16 10:20 AM
    Call Recordr (http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/49623887/) is an app specializing in recording calls, with many features and options dedicated to this task.

Disclaimer: I'm the developer.

I spent a long time trying to find a way to record the other end of a call more clearly but without the necessary API access the quality/volume can sometimes be lower. Hopefully this becomes possible in the future then I can incorporate it into Call Recordr.
    Kaacz likes this.
    06-01-16 06:08 PM
    Call Recordr (http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/49623887/) is an app specializing in recording calls, with many features and options dedicated to this task.

I spent a long time trying to find a way to record the other end of a call more clearly but without the necessary API access the quality/volume can sometimes be lower. Hopefully this becomes possible in the future then I can incorporate it into Call Recordr.
    OK I will buy but first thing I will try full version as demo after that if I like it I will buy it because about many years I am searching a call recording which is just like in redmi and cool pad

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 10:11 PM
    ... the quality/volume can sometimes be lower.
    I have your app.

By sometimes he means all the time. It's hard to blame him, I get it - OS doesn't allow it. But that disclaimer should be better explained. Also, recording via headset is not mentioned (and of coarse that doesnt work for remote voice).

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 06:32 AM
    Thank you for say this simple info: API for direct recording from chip not exist in BBOS10. Amen.
    06-02-16 06:37 AM
    Canada for example. You cannot record a conversation here without prior notification and consent. It's part of the Canadian privacy act. I was having issues with a couple coworkers and ask HR about recording my conversations discreetly via my BlackBerry. Was told not unless they sign off on it first or I'd get my arse sued.
    Yep, but this legal "You cannot record a conversation here without prior notification" have nothing with stupid technical limitation in BBOS10.
    In normal world are human with brain and do it properly. But BB simply say - users are dumb, we must drop silent recording...
    06-02-16 06:43 AM
    Yep, but this legal "You cannot record a conversation here without prior notification" have nothing with stupid technical limitation in BBOS10.
    In normal world are human with brain and do it properly. But BB simply say - users are dumb, we must drop silent recording...
    You asked where else outside of America. I provided an example. I said nothing about technical requirements. Argue that with someone else.

06-02-16 09:44 AM
    Please make comments who want call recording in upcoming 10.3.3
    who said its gonna be new options in the 10.3.3 OS???? BUG fixes and thats it
    06-02-16 03:13 PM
    Does parrot require speakerphone to be used in order to record both sides like every other call recording app seems to require? :-/
    Parrot is a great app for that. + The legal issues varying from country to country makes it as much wishfull thinking as a new bb10 device.
    06-03-16 03:47 PM
    Does parrot require speakerphone to be used in order to record both sides like every other call recording app seems to require? :-/
    I use Parrot and don't need it on speaker phone. I have it setup to automatically record all cells. Sometimes I need to restart 'background services' for it to work correctly.

Passport running on 10.3.2. 2876
    berrysmoothie likes this.
    06-03-16 04:39 PM
    Is it full inline recording? (i.e., do you hear the other side LOUD and clear even in noisy environments or is this just another one of those apps where the mic picks merely picks up the sound vibration of the other side from the earpiece)
    06-05-16 06:01 PM
    I also want call recording in BB

Posted via CB10
    06-05-16 06:31 PM
    Is it full inline recording? (i.e., do you hear the other side LOUD and clear even in noisy environments or is this just another one of those apps where the mic picks merely picks up the sound vibration of the other side from the earpiece)
    I can assure you it's not. Every once in a while a guy pops up that claims one of those apps record calls like they should. The truth is, most of these guys probably talk to themselves only, so 2 way recording is not something they think it's necessary.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-16 09:39 PM
    If you all want too
    Then mail or tweet to John Chen
    Please

Posted via CB10
    06-05-16 10:12 PM
    I can assure you it's not. Every once in a while a guy pops up that claims one of those apps record calls like they should. The truth is, most of these guys probably talk to themselves only, so 2 way recording is not something they think it's necessary.

Posted via CB10
    I held off replying to this until I tested it. I can confirm that Parrot Pro i.e.. the paid version (I can't vouch for the free version) does record both ends of the phone call clearly. In my test the far end actually comes across clearer on the recording if I am not on speaker phone.

I am running it on a Passport with the latest official software.

Passport running on 10.3.2. 2876
    06-08-16 08:35 PM
    I confirm the same, works well with Pro version and Passport. But I think it doesn't mean it is the direct line recording, it is just a workaround and quality still could be better. Because for example recording over bluetooth doesn't work. Or quality varies when using speaker phone and if not. Anyway, this is probably the best what we will ever see on BlackBerry OS due to API limitation.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-16 06:34 AM
    Haha..

I want to sell my BlackBerry Z30 now

Sent From My BlackBerry Z30
    06-09-16 01:39 PM
    Call recordings and handset auto on & off like like old BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 05:00 AM
    Had a Siemens phone many years ago with built-in call recording. I really don't see why with all the new technology it can't be done. And there was no need for use the speakerphone either!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 03:56 PM
    Ok, so many of you are assuring us that it works. 2 points:

- Please upload the recording so we can hear it (a video will be better)
    - Could it be that it only works on the Passport? I have Q10 and it doesn't work for me unless speaker phone is active.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 09:57 PM
52 123