I need a bar that has both instant notifications with instant reply and BBM Channels. With the .bar files I have it seems I can only have one or the other.

Does it exist?

Fired from my Z10
    08-05-13 06:13 PM
    The most recent channels fixes broken notifications

Posted via CB10
    djdragon and mode_m like this.
    08-05-13 06:22 PM
    If you mean instant as in it shows up with Toast?
    The BBM that came with the OS + channels beta installer has that working on my phone
    I'm a bit confused by what you mean by instant this instant that
    08-05-13 06:23 PM
    I do, from the beta site works great

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 06:32 PM
    I have toasts and Channels working. Latest beta from Beta Zone.
    08-05-13 06:34 PM
    That's it huh? Beta only? No .bar file I can load?

Fired from my Z10
    08-05-13 07:06 PM
    Channels only comes from beta zone period

Posted via CB10 Rockin a Z10 on 10.2.0.1047 Leaked by the brilliant Elite Team!
    08-05-13 07:08 PM
    Channels only comes from beta zone period

Posted via CB10 Rockin a Z10 on 10.2.0.1047 Leaked by the brilliant Elite Team!
    No it does not. There's an extracted BBM bar with Channels floating around but no toast notifications. This came out in a leak before it was even offered on BETA.

Fired from my Z10
    08-05-13 07:13 PM
    No it does not. There's an extracted BBM bar with Channels floating around but no toast notifications. This came out in a leak before it was even offered on BETA.

Fired from my Z10
    Still, BBM Channels has to be registered with your PIN, so we can't get you a bar file. Just go get it, it's quite simple.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 07:16 PM

Fired from my Z10
    That's from 10.2.0.228, rather old actually

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 07:16 PM
    That's it huh? Beta only? No .bar file I can load?

Fired from my Z10
    Just go to the Beta site and sign up? (or sign in if you've already done that - login with your BBID).
    08-05-13 07:18 PM
    That's from 10.2.0.228, rather old actually

Posted via CB10
    Or was it 93... I can never remember. In any case, best to just get on beta zone and get your own copy. The latest was released Aug 1st

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 07:24 PM
    Or was it 93... I can never remember. In any case, best to just get on beta zone and get your own copy. The latest was released Aug 1st

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 07:31 PM
    Hey Kris

I just loaded up 10.2. 1047 and my BBM won't restore. Says "temporary internal server error". Do you know if that is in fact a server error on the NOC/bbm side or something with my device? Thanks in advance.

Sent from the future on my QNX powered BlackBerry Z10
    08-05-13 09:23 PM
    Hey Kris

I just loaded up 10.2. 1047 and my BBM won't restore. Says "temporary internal server error". Do you know if that is in fact a server error on the NOC/bbm side or something with my device? Thanks in advance.

Sent from the future on my QNX powered BlackBerry Z10
    Load channels from beta zone

Posted via CB10
    AngryEdmontonian likes this.
    08-05-13 09:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Darcy and Kris for your advice.

Fired from my Z10
    08-05-13 10:39 PM
    I have toasts and Channels working. Latest beta from Beta Zone.
    I just installed the latest Beta version and it has toast notifications but not instant reply, meaning you can tap on the arrow icon to reply on the toast, you can only tap on the toast to go into the message then reply.

This is what I was asking originally. Unless I'm missing something here.

UPDATE: nm it works now!!

Fired from my Z10
    09-06-13 05:40 PM
    On BBM channels....

This is my PSA. I plan to spread it around. Ban me if you will.

I'm generally a pretty loyal BlackBerry user and I've been using their phones for a very long time. I'm proud of the avro arrow, Nortel, the canadarm and rim all the same.

I think channels is an awesome idea. If you have it, hopefully you agree. I don't have Facebook, instagram only to heart my gf's pics (happy wife, happy life), and twitter only to check the traffic. But I can see a great tool, even if I don't have a particular use for them.

My suggestion for all the channel beta users (I am one of them and painfully follow my own advice) is to subscribe to as many corporate channels, marketing channels and any other channel you can think of. I couldn't think of a better way to sell it to the brave companies that are spending their own capital to see if a new trend will buck. I almost feel like it's a duty of a good Canadian and a loyal BlackBerry user.

I've seen Google and apple take blackberry to the wall over the passed 6 years with various means (other than making pretty darn good phones). They pay developers to not develop for BlackBerry, filter negative and positive reviews and articles through search engines, and have done an amazing job of ruining rim's social image in general with corporate online bullying. And it's worked to a heavy degree. Which is why I'm so impressed that the company has survived this long while being attacked from every conceivable side.

I never had Beta, but I heard it was good. Let's not wait for the "blueray" of smart phones to come along in 7 years and thousands of dollars later when we can enjoy the Beta of phones right now.

Support BBM channels like a protest in the middle east. Spread the word and subscribe.

(you may ban me now for hijacking this thread)
    09-22-13 06:11 AM