07-09-14 06:31 PM
180 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Whenever I give my phone to someone to take a picture, I have to explain to them that you can touch anywhere to take a picture. This gets kind of annoying, so I'm a fan of the 10.3 way.

Hopefully they have an option to do either.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 06:27 AM
    Clicking anywhere on the camera screen to take a pic is better in my opinion

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Z10 10.2.1.1925
    moody likes this.
    06-12-14 07:37 AM
    Yup.. still LOLing..
    And something tells me you're lying.
    Here's my proof.

Pic I took with volume button at the bottom.

Attachment 277620

Sharing straight from photo app and sending to bbm on iPad mini.

Attachment 277621

Sent on iPad mini.

Attachment 277622

View on her iPad.

Attachment 277623

And as you can see, no disorientation issue.

A screenshot doesn't cut it because it could be rotated easily before posted on CB.

And here, ladies and gentlemen, is my proof that I took picture with volume button at the bottom. And it shows straight up as it supposed to without editing.

And I'm still LOL and ROTFL.
    As Steve Job says, you're holding it wrong.

Posted via my Astro Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3175
    Put them on your computer and report back. And what are you talking about "a screen shot doesn't cut it?" Those are the ACTUAL unedited pictures that I posted. I can't even tell what you're trying to show with your pictures.
    06-12-14 07:56 AM
    And all your pictures will be upside down when viewed on anything other than your own device. My wife inadvertently turns hers upside down a lot. She has sent me plenty of upside down pictures.
    As you mentioned, 'other than your own device'. Did you specify PC?
    Even I transferred pictures I've taken and bluetooth it to my PC, it doesn't render upside down.

06-12-14 08:02 AM
    Put them on your computer and report back. And what are you talking about "a screen shot doesn't cut it?" Those are the ACTUAL unedited pictures that I posted. I can't even tell what you're trying to show with your pictures.

You can't even tell what I'm showing with my pictures? what is wrong with you.
    You can see the chronology of how I took the picture as I did mentioned previously.
    And it is an easy to understand PROOF that I did not rotate the picture and it really shows that when sending to 'another device not my own' (in your word), it is not upside down.

I can prove more and more that this doesn't happen and still you won't understand such easy explanation.

ROTFL.

06-12-14 08:05 AM
    +1 I like it

Posted via CB10... and my awesome Z10
    06-12-14 11:27 AM
    I hate in 10.3 they are making every look like android.

Soon there won't be a different in buyong a bb10 over android. They will look exactly the same

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 11:57 AM
    I hate in 10.3 they are making every look like android.

Soon there won't be a different in buyong a bb10 over android. They will look exactly the same

Posted via CB10
    Don't forget iOS coloring

Posted via CB10 App
    khehl likes this.
    06-12-14 08:39 PM
    Me! Me! Me!

I used to brag when iPhone users had to tap their little camera thingy and I'd just tap where ever. Now I'm like one of them

Z30STA100-3/10.3.0.296 & Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.296
    06-12-14 09:47 PM
    Me! Me! Me!

I used to brag when iPhone users had to tap their little camera thingy and I'd just tap where ever. Now I'm like one of them

Z30STA100-3/10.3.0.296 & Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.296
    except it looks like an android now...
    06-13-14 12:02 AM
    Definately prefer the 10.3. Touch screen to focus, camera icon to take the picture. More consistent results and less accidental shots

Steve / Boanerges Performance
    ^^^ this exactly

I get to many accidental pics with the current way. Then have to refocus because of that. You just missed your shot. It's possible.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 12:11 AM
    I like it, but it would be nice to have the option to switch to a specific spot or button if you will.
    Choices are good for everyone.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    06-13-14 12:22 AM
    Who else prefers current way of taking photo by touching anywhere on screen?-img_20140612_181702.jpg

Here is a great picture I took of my pocket about 5 weeks ago. Certainly like the 10.3 camera better.

Posted via my Kick @ss Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    06-13-14 12:32 AM
    I got that a lot too, but I know how to select multiple pictures and delete them all at once. It is really not that bad.

On the other hand, with "touch anywhere " option,taking photos is so much easier. You can easily find comfortable hand positions, even do it single handed, and the results are usually less shaky.

But I do see touch anywhere option becomes a problem for taking photos and videos at the same screen.

Maybe they could just leave a video capture button on there and use touch anywhere other than the button to take pictures, and touch the button to start/stop video recording. The focus box can still be pulled.

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    06-13-14 03:42 AM
    I believe touching anywhere was a feature that set blackberry apart from every one else. And a good one at that.

When I pass phone to someone to take a picture. It was easy, and they were impressed "this is a blackberry?!".

Now it'll be a crap android copy with the same problems their users complain about.

Z30 Fido
    moody likes this.
    06-13-14 05:22 AM
    I can prove more and more that this doesn't happen and still you won't understand such easy explanation.

ROTFL.

Because your English is bad.
    06-13-14 11:19 AM
    Hauling this back on track...

I have a challenge for anyone who prefers the new button configuration.

This should be done with a Z30, ideally - it's heaviest and longest, so it has the most leverage. The Q phones will be the least affected because the on-screen capture button is closer to the center of the phone.

Hold your phone in your non-dominant hand, arm extended fully. Take a portrait picture, then a landscape picture without using your other hand. It will be awkward and the picture will likely be blurry because your grip is weak and the action of tapping the screen will cause the phone to move and lose focus.

Best stability happens when you can solidly grip the phone and use a thumb to take the picture, pressing near the center of the phone body. This is very difficult to do when the button is located at the bottom of the screen, and requires you to shift your grip when the button moves as a result of going from portrait to landscape.

Posted via CB10
    chiefx13 likes this.
    06-13-14 11:43 AM
    I prefer the current t functionality. It's better jn many ways!

Posted via CB10
    chiefx13 likes this.
    06-13-14 12:34 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140612_181702.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	277783

Here is a great picture I took of my pocket about 5 weeks ago. Certainly like the 10.3 camera better.

That would make a nice background for your phone!
    Carjackd likes this.
    06-13-14 12:46 PM
    Because your English is bad.
    LOL. Personal attack because it's proven you lied.

Stop bashing and stop TROLLING.

ROTFL.

06-13-14 07:10 PM
    That would make a nice background for your phone!
    Maybe, I'm just scared of what that peachy colour thing is.

06-13-14 08:58 PM
    The thumbnail is still there. The options don't pop out when you hover over them anymore, though. Sometimes difficult to see which button I'm touching when I want to share or delete a picture.
    If you slide the thumbnail to maximize it a share button appears on the right, just swipe to it and it'll share

Or

Tap the thumbnail and the share icon comes up as well

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 11:20 AM
    Ok well check this out: we were having big family get together for father's day and wanted to take group photo. But to have everyone in it we needed a camera w/ a timer and a prop.

Sister-in-law had a reg digital camera so we took a few w/ it but waiting for her to find time to download to pc and email may take a while.

Lots of iphones in the crowd and then me w/ my BlackBerry. So I said "hey anyone's phone camera have a timer on it?". They all started looking and "nope" was the answer.

So I said "no problem, my blackberry does" so I propped it up between to soda cans, set timer, got in the photo and "click".

So that was a shining moment for my BlackBerry phone.

My only struggle was not being able to tap anywhere on the screen to get it going. I have long nails and trying to tap on the little camera, bottom of the screen w/o knocking it over was a PITA. But I did it.

:happy-dance:

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.296
    00_Agent and Carjackd like this.
    06-15-14 05:07 PM
    Ok well check this out: we were having big family get together for father's day and wanted to take group photo. But to have everyone in it we needed a camera w/ a timer and a prop.

Sister-in-law had a reg digital camera so we took a few w/ it but waiting for her to find time to download to pc and email may take a while.

Lots of iphones in the crowd and then me w/ my BlackBerry. So I said "hey anyone's phone camera have a timer on it?". They all started looking and "nope" was the answer.

So I said "no problem, my blackberry does" so I propped it up between to soda cans, set timer, got in the photo and "click".

So that was a shining moment for my BlackBerry phone.

My only struggle was not being able to tap anywhere on the screen to get it going. I have long nails and trying to tap on the little camera, bottom of the screen w/o knocking it over was a PITA. But I did it.

:happy-dance:

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.296
    Shining moment. Would've been shinier if you could've show the "tap anywhere on the screen " feature.. but oh wel maybe next time..

Posted via CB10 App
    moody likes this.
    06-15-14 05:28 PM
    Touching anywhere on the screen is one of the best things about blackberries.

To be honest. I probably won't update and will hold off as long as I can if this is something that stays.

What's next... get ride of the keyboard swipe?

It's like getting a flip-cut in the 90's.... you knew it was dumb before you even did... but ya did it anyways...

Z30 Fido
    Touch anywhere to focus is much better. More professional. You are thinking in reverse.
    Now you suggest getting rid of swipe? Oh please.

Trusted Member Genius on Verizon 10.3.0.296/442
    06-15-14 11:58 PM
180 ... 34567 ...